(Topic ID: 153733)

Domino's Pinball Official Thread - $5,299. Production started.

By adamgacek

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 678 posts
  • 214 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by KenLayton
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Dominos Pinball Solenoid List.pdf (PDF preview)
Dominos-Game-Blades-Right (resized).jpg
Dominos-Game-Blades-Left (resized).jpg
3032911-poster-p-avoid-the-noid6 (resized).jpg
F7579C3B-C903-48A6-A1B3-E97D04DCA103 (resized).jpeg
F3536ED9-FC67-4413-A028-434A89D386B2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20171102_1623273 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171026_165510 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171026_165454 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170904_213111 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170827_223323 (resized).jpg
Avoid the node (resized).jpg
noid (resized).jpg
2017-07-22 16.28.28 (resized).jpg
002 (resized).JPG
003 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 678 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 14.
#101 7 years ago

On the code side, there's a ton of it already. That's all I can say

#102 7 years ago

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm pizza!.....doh!

#103 7 years ago

Looking forward to this one as well.

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Awesome! Excited for this game. Hope it stays in production for a while so I have time to work up the money to buy one

That's where I am as well. I genuinely want to get one but it's going to come after RZ and probably a Heighway title. I love the stupid weird rare aspect though, don't expect to stumble upon these very often.

#105 7 years ago

So...that's the vehicle that was approved by Domino's for the translite picture? I'm kind of surprised by that. I'd think that they'd want to gussy up the machine with that silly little vehicle they've been promoting with the internal heating element inside the separate pizza door. Plus, they're *fine* with the logo on the car being on its side? I can hardly believe that they've signed off on it.

Good for you!

#106 7 years ago

Cabinet art looks awesome, love the flipper buttons incorporated into the dominos logo that's a great touch!

Can't wait to see the playfield now, pin really looks like it's coming together backglass is definitely cool, cabinet art is great, only problem so far is it makes me want to order a pizza

#107 7 years ago

So I missed the start of this.
Are these for sale? Or only to play at Dominos restaurants?

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

no you dn't have to have a dominos restaurant to buy one, they are taking names

#109 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

You have to buy the machine directly from Dominos. Adam or Stacey @ corporate can help you out, BOM isn't complete yet but you're essentially looking at Stern pro monies with a $1K deposit like RZSSI.

#110 7 years ago

Thanks guys. The full updated details are in the first post of this thread. The full reveal with video and pictures will happen around the Domino's World Wide Rally which is in less than a month (June 19-22).

We are on our way tomorrow to play the game for the first time. 6 hours and 36 minutes says google from my house to the new Spooky HQ. Too bad we couldn't do it in 30 Minutes Or Less.

As for the car on the standard backglass, it is a representation of a historical car that was traded by the founder for his brother's share of the first store. The logos on that backglass show the evolution of our logo from the original logo and wordmark as shown on the sign above the store entrance, to the car door square logo, to the tilted diamond logo on the Heat Wave sign to the new tile logo at the top of the backglass.

-Adam

#111 7 years ago

Adam beat me to it by just a few minutes! Thanks for letting everyone know about the story behind the Beetle.

There will be Easter eggs like the historical nods of the logos, Beetle, etc. throughout the machine. The new DXP delivery vehicle will be featured on the playfield and the alternate translite.

We've put some fun thought into everything you'll see on the machine! It's the little details that add a lot of personality sometimes!

#112 7 years ago

Really like the flipper button being incorporated into the Domino logo. Nice touch

c170393f8b4cf95a7322673e0b8d4c67d02b6270_(resized).jpgc170393f8b4cf95a7322673e0b8d4c67d02b6270_(resized).jpg

#113 7 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Really like the flipper button being incorporated into the Domino logo. Nice touch

Yeah it's a real nice touch, it's the little details like the flipper logos that really add to the total package such a great little touch, it's these attentions to detail that show the love of a theme that I often think Stern overlook or miss which is often unfortunate.

#114 7 years ago

My favorite part is the cardboard look to the cabinet. Love it.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#115 7 years ago

Following this thread and waiting on the playfield reveal....may just have to sign up for one of these!

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

So...that's the vehicle that was approved by Domino's for the translite picture?

It's in the first goddamn post of the thread man.

Still upset the Ypsi Water Tower didn't make the background.

2 weeks later
#117 7 years ago

Teaser from Spooky's facebook page, 6 days until the full reveal.

The current plan is to post photos of the full game (hopefully high resolution ones) on Sunday and then some gameplay video either Sunday night or Monday as soon as we have some quality recordings of the action.

Noid_Teaser_(resized).PNGNoid_Teaser_(resized).PNG

#118 7 years ago

Look at the detail in those pizzas! Really looking forward to Sunday's reveal.

#119 7 years ago

Wow that looks cool. Are these the bumper caps perhaps? Some questions on this game ... whats the music like? How are the rules? Is there a video mode? So fun to find out ...

Quoted from adamgacek:

Teaser from Spooky's facebook page, 6 days until the full reveal.
The current plan is to post photos of the full game (hopefully high resolution ones) on Sunday and then some gameplay video either Sunday night or Monday as soon as we have some quality recordings of the action.

#120 7 years ago

I'll be honest. This has to be the coolest licensed theme pinball machine in decades! I can't wait to see it.

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Wow that looks cool. Are these the bumper caps perhaps? Some questions on this game ... whats the music like? How are the rules? Is there a video mode? So fun to find out ...

If they're the bumper caps I think it's genius! Such an odd title that I'm actually excited for.

#122 7 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

If they're the bumper caps I think it's genius!

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Pizza bumper caps = cool, edible pizza bumper caps in thirty minutes or the pinball machine is free would be genius. Looking forward to the reveal. I'd like to say the wait was excruciating, but it felt more like a quickie.

#123 7 years ago

I'm really looking forward to this game funny enough.

#124 7 years ago

Seeing that these are going into the dominos locations, it would be super cool if you could win like a drink or a side of breadsticks or something if you grand champ/high score it or meet certain criteria in the game.

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Seeing that these are going into the dominos locations, it would be super cool if you could win like a drink or a side of breadsticks or something if you grand champ/high score it or meet certain criteria in the game.

Also hoping for some way to win stuff. Maybe offer a free drink if you agree to leave

#126 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

These will be in VERY few Domino's locations.

#127 7 years ago

Hope we can save the pizzas from the evil noid

images_(8)_(resized).jpgimages_(8)_(resized).jpg

#128 7 years ago

I have not been following this thread, so excuse me if something like this has been talked about earlier but it would be really cool if there is a ovn bash toy. You hit it to rase the temperature. Then it opens up for the pinball to be cooked and out comes a "pizza cooked" color ceramic ball that you have to deliver somewhere else on the playfield before a countdown clock makes the pizza too cold

Make the shot and Multiball

#129 7 years ago

Great idea but it's been done before. "I want it back!"

#130 7 years ago

I've been pretty impressed with everything I've seen on this game.

Playfield art fits the pinball theme very well, looks like an early 90's B/W... think people will like it!

Won't be long before a full reveal I'm quite sure...

#131 7 years ago

I am A-noid that it isn't Sunday already!!

#132 7 years ago

spinner on the wireform, looking good

dominos_3_(resized).jpgdominos_3_(resized).jpg

#133 7 years ago

following so I can see photos when it's revealed.

#134 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

following so I can see photos when it's revealed.

Me too....just that one picture and the cab artwork makes me think this game is going to be tasty

#135 7 years ago

#136 7 years ago

So are these for sale As well? I thought they were just going to locations.

#137 7 years ago

Yes, these will be available to the public as well - not just for Domino's employees! If you'd like to get more information (especially after the reveal on Sunday), you can inquire at: [email protected]

#138 7 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

Yes, these will be available to the public as well - not just for Domino's employees! If you'd like to get more information (especially after the reveal on Sunday), you can inquire at: [email protected]

Beat me to it....it was mentioned at the bottom of the initial post ChrisS

Quoted from adamgacek:

Cost: Between $4,700 and $5,500 depending on final bill of materials (BOM). All additional amounts received by Domino’s above the actual BOM will be donated to Domino’s Partners Foundation.
If you have any specific questions or would like to get information on ordering, please email [email protected].

#139 7 years ago

Is it just me or do that wireframe look like the one JJP rejected (for whatever reason) for the hobbit?

Looks very nice, though

Spinner also very nice. Hope it is part of the beginning of a ramp and not a return wireform. Spinners are more fun when you can aim at them

Looking forward to more reveals from this game

#140 7 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Is it just me or do that wireframe look like the one JJP rejected (for whatever reason) for the hobbit?
Looks very nice, though
Spinner also very nice. Hope it is part of the beginning of a ramp and not a return wireform. Spinners are more fun when you can aim at them
Looking forward to more reveals from this game

Looks like a nice powder coated wire form to me. Just speculating....the spinner looks like its on the return to me.....maybe to trigger a sound effect with the spinner?

#141 7 years ago

Looks like a nice powder coated wire form to me. Just speculating....the spinner looks like its on the return to me.....maybe to trigger a sound effect with the spinner?

Yes it does look very nice. What I meant was that JJP rejected a very nice looking powder coated wire form (that looked very much like this one) that they first showed and went for plain not powder coated wireforms instead. Many of us was a bit disappointed about that.

I was just a little surprised that these ones looked so similar. Maybe the same guy who did the Powder coat job?

Edit: Maybe rejected is a wrong word here. Decided to go for plain ones instead, is what I meant

#142 7 years ago

Wireforms look like they are being coated just as the Rob Zombie armor LE's.
b8456a3a30e7a974c9a047e4735d103d0334c9dc.png_(resized).jpgb8456a3a30e7a974c9a047e4735d103d0334c9dc.png_(resized).jpg
d724686188d991a61bff28ded10937cae56736ac.png_(resized).jpgd724686188d991a61bff28ded10937cae56736ac.png_(resized).jpg

#143 7 years ago

Im just impressed that spooky is making releases so fast now. A 1-2/yr and getting more complex.

#144 7 years ago

Thanks for all the comments and yes, Domino's is just as impressed with Spooky's ability to get a game fully designed and a prototype playable in about 6 months from the project kickoff. We've received 7 new machine orders (internal and external folks) in the last 24 hours, I guess that spinner was a big hit!

To set expectations, the game we will show is a prototype and there are definitely little things that will be tweaked, added or removed from the final production game. We welcome all comments but we may use the "it is a prototype" response for many of the things that we have already identified and have on our adjustment list.

As for the Sunday reveal, high resolution photos will likely not get uploaded until around 5 p.m. P.T. and the video will either be at that time as well or after my scheduled events at 8 p.m. P.T. or later. I'll try to post some pics from the Expo hall but the internet is spotty at best in there and it may have to wait until I get back to my room. You may be able to badger Charlie into posting pictures to the Spooky facebook page.

Looking forward to showing everyone the game and getting to play the prototype.

-Adam

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

As for the Sunday reveal, high resolution photos will likely not get uploaded until around 5 p.m. P.T. and the video will either be at that time as well or after my scheduled events at 8 p.m. P.T. or later. I'll try to post some pics from the Expo hall but the internet is spotty at best in there and it may have to wait until I get back to my room. You may be able to badger Charlie into posting pictures to the Spooky facebook page.
-Adam

Definitely looking forward to seeing pictures

#146 7 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Thanks for all the comments and yes, Domino's is just as impressed with Spooky's ability to get a game fully designed and a prototype playable in about 6 months from the project kickoff. We've received 7 new machine orders (internal and external folks) in the last 24 hours, I guess that spinner was a big hit!
To set expectations, the game we will show is a prototype and there are definitely little things that will be tweaked, added or removed from the final production game. We welcome all comments but we may use the "it is a prototype" response for many of the things that we have already identified and have on our adjustment list.
-Adam

Maybe have a timed release on FB? I'm pretty sure the option is there. That way it's all set up in the beginning and you two can be at the party, not on social media.

#147 7 years ago

If my Dominos has one of these, my family will be eating a lot more pizza!

#148 7 years ago

After playing RZ at SFGE this pin really has my interest piqued. Looking fwd to the reveal.

#149 7 years ago

Carryout special (large 3-topping, $7.99) plus a couple games while it bakes for a ten spot? No brainer! Shame I don't think there are any stores near me large enough to have one on location.

#150 7 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Agreed, though if it's a nice flowing ramp, a shot that's full speed up the ramp' will have a lot more spins than a shot that 'just makes the ramp', so maybe it's still extra fun to hit the ramp(/spinner) real good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 678 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dominos-pinball-official-thread-translite-reveal/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.