(Topic ID: 153733)

Domino's Pinball Official Thread - $5,299. Production started.

By adamgacek

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 678 posts
  • 214 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 54 days ago by KenLayton
  • Topic is favorited by 43 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 132 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Dominos Pinball Solenoid List.pdf (PDF preview)
Dominos-Game-Blades-Right (resized).jpg
Dominos-Game-Blades-Left (resized).jpg
3032911-poster-p-avoid-the-noid6 (resized).jpg
F7579C3B-C903-48A6-A1B3-E97D04DCA103 (resized).jpeg
F3536ED9-FC67-4413-A028-434A89D386B2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20171102_1623273 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171026_165510 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171026_165454 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170904_213111 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170827_223323 (resized).jpg
Avoid the node (resized).jpg
noid (resized).jpg
2017-07-22 16.28.28 (resized).jpg
002 (resized).JPG
003 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 678 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.
#601 2 years ago

All you can eat bulgogi? Sign me the hell up. Might be the only reason I ever visit California again.

#602 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Uff so goddamn true. Sadly I had already stopped working at my theatre job and had an arcade job sitting 5 goddamn feet from that game when it came out. Good 1 solid hour bare minimum where no one was in that store it was all "Let's go Away."
» YouTube video

had to be done

Man, I was only able to take about 28 seconds of that. Now it is stuck in my brain.

#603 2 years ago

These can still be ordered at TPF in just 2 weeks.

1 week later
#604 2 years ago
Quoted from Lysurgeon:

Are there any of these on location yet?

I have had a Domino's Game at Moonwalker Arcade in Vestal, NY for a few weeks now.

3 weeks later
#605 2 years ago
Quoted from MoonwalkerArcade:

I have had a Domino's Game at Moonwalker Arcade in Vestal, NY for a few weeks now.

Looks like yesterday was the cut off date to order. I ordered one last lear, #117. What's the game number at your arcade?

1 week later
#606 2 years ago

Somebody here who want to sell his dominos

I am bringing soon a Jetson and a friend of mine told me now that he want to have a domino, but the orders are now closed.

Please PM me

thx
stefan

#607 2 years ago
Quoted from Pincycle:

Somebody here who want to sell his dominos
I am bringing soon a Jetson and a friend of mine told me now that he want to have a domino, but the orders are now closed.
Please PM me
thx
stefan

have you contacted spooky to see if they have any remaining?

#608 1 year ago

yes i did, but they do not have remaining games

#609 1 year ago

I wonder what the final number of games sold was?

#610 1 year ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

I think they are planning only 150 regular varieties of the pin, in addition to the 75 LE's that sold out a while ago. It sounds like I will have #127, so almost sold out!

Based on this post, it sounds like they cleared 200 counting the LEs.

#611 1 year ago

adamgacek (Adam)

Are we allowed to know how many le's and standard Domino's pinballs were made?

4 weeks later
#612 1 year ago

I just got my light box done for my Dominos backglass.
I does not show well with ambient light.
1st with LEDs lit
2nd jnot lit but reflected room light
3rd 100 LED Cristmas lights

dominos 004 (resized).JPG

dominos 002 (resized).JPG

dominos 001 (resized).JPG

#613 1 year ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

I also finally played on the most recent code. Much better balance now, more fun to shoot.
A couple of things that are needed:
- A sound should trigger for every coin inserted. Right now, you have no idea if it gave you credit until you insert all of the required coins. The display should also give some indication of how many coins have been inserted towards a credit (1/4, 2/4, etc)
- The sounds that are played during the bonus count (like "target master" for example) are grating and loud. They really need to be reworked into something more pleasant.

That is an issue with the coin mech not the game or software. The game has no idea you have inserted a coin UNTIL it gets a credit pulse from the coin mech. If you need to insert 4 x 1/4's to get a $1 credit, the game has no idea you have inserted anything until you insert the fourth coin and the mech outputs a credit pulse.

Pretty hard to do much about that in fact.

#614 1 year ago

Well with daylight all but gone it really lights up now

003 (resized).JPG

002 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#615 1 year ago

Just got an e-mail from Kayte at Spooky advising my game would be ready to ship in 3-4 weeks! Pretty cool! As far as I know, mine will be the only one in Western Canada. Hoping to put it on location somewhere...just need to figure out where! There are two Domino's locations that would be excellent candidates, as they are the newer style franchise layout with 'Pizza Theatre'.

#616 1 year ago

Anyone know if there's one in or close to NYC? I think it looks like a fun shooter. I'd like to play one someday.

#617 1 year ago
Quoted from Homepin:

That is an issue with the coin mech not the game or software. The game has no idea you have inserted a coin UNTIL it gets a credit pulse from the coin mech. If you need to insert 4 x 1/4's to get a $1 credit, the game has no idea you have inserted anything until you insert the fourth coin and the mech outputs a credit pulse.
Pretty hard to do much about that in fact.

Huh? What kind of coin mech would that be? Every mech I have ever seen pulses per coin. Typically its just a dumb wireform to a micro switch.

Maybe an electronic mech designed for reading different denominations from the same slot? Never seen that in a pinball machine though as they are considerably more expensive than a common mech.

#618 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Anyone know if there's one in or close to NYC? I think it looks like a fun shooter. I'd like to play one someday.

Do you consider Buffalo close to NYC? For someone in Canada, it is...and they definitely have one there!
PS: Go Sabres.

#619 1 year ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Do you consider Buffalo close to NYC? For someone in Canada, it is...and they definitely have one there!
PS: Go Sabres.

That's about a 6-8 hr drive depending where in NYC they are.

#620 1 year ago

I believe there is one at Moonwalker Arcade in Vestal, NY as well which would be way closer.

If you're ever in Southeast Michigan, let me know and you can play mine.

-Adam

#621 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

That's about a 6-8 hr drive depending where in NYC they are.

And a $10 Thruway toll.

#622 1 year ago

I thought this was a joke when I first read it, strangest theme in a long time. Looks pretty cool, looks fun to play.

2 weeks later
#623 1 year ago

Domino's in the house
I need space for Star Wars someone please buy my extra BOP

#624 1 year ago

Just got my DOM. Any written rulesets for V005? Apron/Instruction Cards?

#625 1 year ago

None yet. I'm told they'll be on the website when rules are finished later this year.

#626 1 year ago

Picked up #123 yesterday and had people over for a Domino's pizza party. The table got exactly 69 plays throughout the night and people loved it. A really fun table even for newbies as shooting around with no goals is super fun and rewards you for hitting targets without doing any modes. A few players got really into it and posted some pretty good scores while completing modes. We even had the pizza delivery guy get a play on the table and he loved it. The dog loves it too.

I'm really looking forward to digging into this table to see what all the modes are about. So glad I didn't sleep on this one.

2017-07-22 16.28.28 (resized).jpg

#627 1 year ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Picked up #123 yesterday and had people over for a Domino's pizza party. The table got exactly 69 plays throughout the night and people loved it. A really fun table even for newbies as shooting around with no goals is super fun and rewards you for hitting targets without doing any modes. A few players got really into it and posted some pretty good scores while completing modes. We even had the pizza delivery guy get a play on the table and he loved it. The dog loves it too.
I'm really looking forward to digging into this table to see what all the modes are about. So glad I didn't sleep on this one.

You should get the alternate backglass from Spooky,
I had mine framed in a lightbox

noid (resized).jpg

#628 1 year ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Glad you enjoyed the game last night. You kept Charlie up most of the night LOL he had to watch those Phantasm movies you gave him.

#629 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

You should get the alternate backglass from Spooky

We did pick up the alternate backglass and we plan on getting it framed at some point in the future. My wife loves Volkswagen so we're keeping that in game.

Quoted from SpookyKT:

Glad you enjoyed the game last night. You kept Charlie up most of the night LOL he had to watch those Phantasm movies you gave him.

I'm just happy we could take his mind off the basement for a little bit. We have fought that battle ourselves. Good luck.

#630 1 year ago

Glad you're enjoying the game mackey256. Thank you for supporting Domino's, Spooky and Domino's Partners Foundation.

We had rule cards and then the fawzmagames updated the code, made the game 100x better but ruined the scorecards. We will hopefully get bd_designs to update them when the code is finalized.

Here is a short rules primer I sent around to internal Domino's folks when they asked how to play the game.

Pinball Rules

1. Noid Battles
a. Hit the three separate target bank shots to drop the bank and start the Noid Battle
b. Hit the Noid a certain amount of times (it increases for each battle) or hit the Noid orbit to defeat the Noid.
c. Point values increase for each round of battles.

2. Right Side Operations Modes
a. Qualify the three main modes (Make the Pizza, Pizza Dispatch and Lost Topping) by hitting the shots that are labeled with that name. Make the Pizza is the outer orbit shot, Pizza Dispatch is the main ramp and Lost Topping is the Noid orbit and Mega Week is the Tracker targets. After you hit a certain shot three times, you will hear a retro video game audio cue that means that mode is qualified. The light on the pizza box held by the driver with that particular name will also flash when that mode is qualified and the light in front of the scoop under the pizza oven will flash whenever any of these modes is ready.
b. You can increase the jackpot potential for each mode after you qualify it but before you start the mode by hitting more of that particular shot (up to three more shots to boost values).
c. Start the Operations Modes by hitting the scoop under the pizza oven. You can start more than one mode at a time to make it easier to hit jackpots and stack points.
d. When the mode starts, you will get a multiball, during the multiball, hit the flashing shots to qualify jackpots and then the oven ramp to collect jackpots.
e. Mega Week is qualified by hitting all the Tracker targets once. Then the Mega Week insert will light in front of the Oven Ramp. Hit that and then the Oven scoop and it starts.

3. Left Side Career Modes
a. Qualify these by getting Pop Bumper hits (not easy) or hitting the pizza box scoop (counts as 3 Pop Bumper hits each time you hit it).
b. After 10 hits, Driver is qualified. After 20 hits, Manager is qualified. 30 is Franchisee and Gold Franny is 40.
c. After it is qualified, the pizza box held by the driver with the name of the mode will flash and the career mode light by the pizza box scoop will flash as well. Hit the pizza box scoop to start the mode and begin a multiball.
d. I believe each one of these modes has the goal to hit the left orbit shot into the top of the game/pop bumpers to get points and then also hit the pizza box scoop to get more points.

4. Handle the Rush Multiball
a. Spell O-V-E-N in the lanes to light the lock ball at the Pizza Oven ramp.
b. A letter is qualified when it is lit. You can also change the lit lanes by hitting the flipper buttons so you don’t need to drain in order to get the O or the N. Time it so that when the ball is going down the inlanes, V or E, that light is unlit so it then will become lit.
c. Lock 3 balls and then hit either scoop to start Handle the Rush.
d. You cannot trap balls on the flippers in this mode as it is disabled.
e. Try to keep all three balls alive and hit the center ramp as much as possible for points.

5. Tracker Targets
a. Hit all of these to light Mystery Award at the pizza box scoop and to qualify Mega Week mode by hitting the oven ramp and then the oven scoop.
b. The integration of these into the game will be the thing that changes the most as we develop code.

6. Top 5 Star Lanes.
a. Light both of these to increase your bonus multiplier.

7. World's Fastest Pizza Maker. Play all Career multiballs and then the WFPM mode will be lit at the oven scoop. Make three pizzas by hitting the Noid loop, the Store Ramp and then the Oven Ramp to complete the

Fawzma and I have been communicating about rules updates and scoring balances. We will also record more voice callouts to include in this update.

-Adam

#631 1 year ago

Thanks for the rule set Adam. After the pizza party/pinball party on Saturday we figured out a few of those but that list helps fill in the holes we had int he rules. We've been having a blast with this table. Thanks for making it available to the pinball playing public.

#632 1 year ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Glad you're enjoying the game mackey256. Thank you for supporting Domino's, Spooky and Domino's Partners Foundation.
We had rule cards and then the fawzmagames updated the code, made the game 100x better but ruined the scorecards. We will hopefully get bd_designs to update them when the code is finalized.
Here is a short rules primer I sent around to internal Domino's folks when they asked how to play the game.
Pinball Rules
1. Noid Battles
a. Hit the three separate target bank shots to drop the bank and start the Noid Battle
b. Hit the Noid a certain amount of times (it increases for each battle) or hit the Noid orbit to defeat the Noid.
c. Point values increase for each round of battles.
2. Right Side Operations Modes
a. Qualify the three main modes (Make the Pizza, Pizza Dispatch and Lost Topping) by hitting the shots that are labeled with that name. Make the Pizza is the outer orbit shot, Pizza Dispatch is the main ramp and Lost Topping is the Noid orbit and Mega Week is the Tracker targets. After you hit a certain shot three times, you will hear a retro video game audio cue that means that mode is qualified. The light on the pizza box held by the driver with that particular name will also flash when that mode is qualified and the light in front of the scoop under the pizza oven will flash whenever any of these modes is ready.
b. You can increase the jackpot potential for each mode after you qualify it but before you start the mode by hitting more of that particular shot (up to three more shots to boost values).
c. Start the Operations Modes by hitting the scoop under the pizza oven. You can start more than one mode at a time to make it easier to hit jackpots and stack points.
d. When the mode starts, you will get a multiball, during the multiball, hit the flashing shots to qualify jackpots and then the oven ramp to collect jackpots.
e. Mega Week is qualified by hitting all the Tracker targets once. Then the Mega Week insert will light in front of the Oven Ramp. Hit that and then the Oven scoop and it starts.
3. Left Side Career Modes
a. Qualify these by getting Pop Bumper hits (not easy) or hitting the pizza box scoop (counts as 3 Pop Bumper hits each time you hit it).
b. After 10 hits, Driver is qualified. After 20 hits, Manager is qualified. 30 is Franchisee and Gold Franny is 40.
c. After it is qualified, the pizza box held by the driver with the name of the mode will flash and the career mode light by the pizza box scoop will flash as well. Hit the pizza box scoop to start the mode and begin a multiball.
d. I believe each one of these modes has the goal to hit the left orbit shot into the top of the game/pop bumpers to get points and then also hit the pizza box scoop to get more points.
4. Handle the Rush Multiball
a. Spell O-V-E-N in the lanes to light the lock ball at the Pizza Oven ramp.
b. A letter is qualified when it is lit. You can also change the lit lanes by hitting the flipper buttons so you don’t need to drain in order to get the O or the N. Time it so that when the ball is going down the inlanes, V or E, that light is unlit so it then will become lit.
c. Lock 3 balls and then hit either scoop to start Handle the Rush.
d. You cannot trap balls on the flippers in this mode as it is disabled.
e. Try to keep all three balls alive and hit the center ramp as much as possible for points.
5. Tracker Targets
a. Hit all of these to light Mystery Award at the pizza box scoop and to qualify Mega Week mode by hitting the oven ramp and then the oven scoop.
b. The integration of these into the game will be the thing that changes the most as we develop code.
6. Top 5 Star Lanes.
a. Light both of these to increase your bonus multiplier.
7. World's Fastest Pizza Maker. Play all Career multiballs and then the WFPM mode will be lit at the oven scoop. Make three pizzas by hitting the Noid loop, the Store Ramp and then the Oven Ramp to complete the
Fawzma and I have been communicating about rules updates and scoring balances. We will also record more voice callouts to include in this update.
-Adam

ty for taking the time to type this out, ive been really confused about to do. I just shoot ramp all day because i like the way a spinner on a wireform feels. Its a really satisfying shot

2 weeks later
#633 1 year ago

Avoid the node (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#634 1 year ago

Just wondering: does anyone find that their 'Handle the Rush' multiball doesn't act like it should? I believe the flippers are supposed to only work in short bursts (no craddling the ball). Mine work like normal when I'm in this mode.

#635 1 year ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Just wondering: does anyone find that their 'Handle the Rush' multiball doesn't act like it should? I believe the flippers are supposed to only work in short bursts (no craddling the ball). Mine work like normal when I'm in this mode.

That is being fixed. I'm taking the next update a little slow as not to introduce any major bugs.

I split HtR out into its own mode. It was also missing the no hold flipper function, that has been fixed. I'm having this tested before I move on.

#636 1 year ago

After the latest update all 2 ball multiball modes end when 1 of the 2 balls drains while the ball saver is still on. It saves the ball, but kills the mode. This makes the game unplayable.

#637 1 year ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

That is being fixed. I'm taking the next update a little slow as not to introduce any major bugs.
I split HtR out into its own mode. It was also missing the no hold flipper function, that has been fixed. I'm having this tested before I move on.

Thanks for the heads-up, Mr. Fawzma.

#638 1 year ago

Minor mod, but I thought I'd show my Domino's with red Superbands.

IMG_20170827_223323 (resized).jpg

#639 1 year ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

I started another tread to focus on the rules and code. If people want to share their findings like this there.

#640 1 year ago

Made 'Pizza Wars'tonight. Very cool to see references to Pizza Hut and Little Caesars in there. No code or music though. I take it Mr. Fawzma is aware of this. Good fun in any event.

IMG_20170904_213111 (resized).jpg

#641 1 year ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Any ETA on a update? Mine is going on route and was hoping for a version with at least the multiball drain while ball save is on glitch fixed.

#642 1 year ago
Quoted from gottafixit:

Any ETA on a update? Mine is going on route and was hoping for a version with at least the multiball drain while ball save is on glitch fixed.

Can you explain glitch?
What game code are you running?

I had an issue where the game would not shoot another ball into the shooter lane after a multiball and it would throw a "check lane switch" error.
Are you experiencing something simillar?
If so, check what version of game code you are running.
There might be a newer version.

If not please explain more as I'm not understanding the issue you are having.

#643 1 year ago
Quoted from Sarge:

Can you explain glitch?
What game code are you running?
I had an issue where the game would not shoot another ball into the shooter lane after a multiball and it would throw a "check lane switch" error.
Are you experiencing something simillar?
If so, check what version of game code you are running.
There might be a newer version.
If not please explain more as I'm not understanding the issue you are having.

Quoted from pinballlife:

After the latest update all 2 ball multiball modes end when 1 of the 2 balls drains while the ball saver is still on. It saves the ball, but kills the mode. This makes the game unplayable.

Same as mentioned above. While in multiball if you drain 1 of the 2 balls the mode will end but it will give you the ball back so you have 2 ball play in single ball mode. I mention this one and a handful of other things I found in a thread about just the code. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dominos-ruleset-and-code-updates

#644 1 year ago

I'm in the middle of doing another update

As for balls not ejecting and getting the lane switch message, this is to prevent the coil from overheating and blowing a fuse. The ball is trying to eject from the trough but is never making it to the lane switch, so it will keep firing.

What I may end up doing is, attempting the eject a few times, then give the coil a rest, then resume the eject after about 6 or so seconds.

I've commented on the other thread about worlds fastest. That is a misleading light that should be killed off while that mode is running.

DOMINOS V006 - TBD/2017
Updated - Handle The Rush mode runs on its own. No longer stacks with other modes
Updated - Ball ejects off lane as soon as attract mode starts
Fixed - Lane lights did not roll left/right properly
Fixed - Tilt warning graphics were misleading
Fixed - Multiball saves will eject more than one ball if they drain together
added - Handle The Rush ball lock added to mystery award

#645 1 year ago

Anyone know how many Domino's were produced? There is a gentleman on here selling his for $5,400 (one of three presently on the market) and he states only 30 were sold to the public. That doesn't seem to make sense to me though, as I have #85, and another poster here has one in the 120's.

#646 1 year ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Anyone know how many Domino's were produced? There is a gentleman on here selling his for $5,400 (one of three presently on the market) and he states only 30 were sold to the public. That doesn't seem to make sense to me though, as I have #85, and another poster here has one in the 120's.

135 of them

#647 1 year ago

Played it for the first time tonight at Lyman's in DC. Had fun but left wondering:

Does the game have a replay feature? Or is it just not on by default? Related: where is Instant Info?

Seemed really dark, hard to see the Noid

Multi ball ball save seemed to last for several minutes - is this intentional?

#648 1 year ago

1. Game is pretty dark without ambient light, I added spotlights to mine but then removed those and have added the PinStadium lighting which is incredible.

2. Multiball should not last several minutes unless you restarted a new one upon the end of the first. We did see a bug in early code when kevinbuffalo and the Buffalo Pinball crew came out to stream an early model that allowed Jay to have infinite multiball and contributed to my 0-5 record. I haven't seen that bug on my personal game since I got it.

3. We are actively working on a major code update (just installed beta code with some of the features last night) that we will eventually release to all owners.

4. Instant Info is to be added in the next code release.

3 weeks later
#649 1 year ago

While waiting for the rules to be finalized I decided to make some temporary Instruction Cards. I haven't printed them yet but I thought I would share the photoshop file with anyone who wanted to. I left all the layers and text fields intact so this file can be updated when the rules do get finalized down the road.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zns3goqmxbld39z/dominos-instructions-card.psd?dl=0

Once the official Instruction Cards come out I'll take this down.

Added 77 days ago:

Due to some digital house cleaning the link above has been changed to the following...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fb0t71l0n9sa6zf/AAABerZAKbLeHLnfYN7FdsjCa?dl=0

2 weeks later
#650 1 year ago
Quoted from mackey256:

While waiting for the rules to be finalized I decided to make some temporary Instruction Cards. I haven't printed them yet but I thought I would share the photoshop file with anyone who wanted to. I left all the layers and text fields intact so this file can be updated when the rules do get finalized down the road.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zns3goqmxbld39z/dominos-instructions-card.psd?dl=0
Once the official Instruction Cards come out I'll take this down.

This was super helpful. I modified the price slightly (mine is on location). I'll post pics soon.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Trade
Machine - For Trade
San Mateo, CA
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 1.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
€ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Multigame
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 96.77
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball-Mods.com
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 199.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
€ 4.99
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 678 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside