(Topic ID: 153733)

Domino's Pinball Official Thread - $5,299. Production started.

By adamgacek

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 678 posts
  • 214 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by KenLayton
  • Topic is favorited by 43 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 132 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Dominos Pinball Solenoid List.pdf (PDF preview)
Dominos-Game-Blades-Right (resized).jpg
Dominos-Game-Blades-Left (resized).jpg
3032911-poster-p-avoid-the-noid6 (resized).jpg
F7579C3B-C903-48A6-A1B3-E97D04DCA103 (resized).jpeg
F3536ED9-FC67-4413-A028-434A89D386B2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20171102_1623273 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171026_165510 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171026_165454 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170904_213111 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170827_223323 (resized).jpg
Avoid the node (resized).jpg
noid (resized).jpg
2017-07-22 16.28.28 (resized).jpg
002 (resized).JPG
003 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 678 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.
#551 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Man I want this pin... seeing code updates and rules rewrites is just icing.

You missed playing one at the Houston Arcade Expo this past weekend. I sure enjoyed playing it.

Thank you Adam for helping getting one here. We enjoyed playing it at our Monday weekly pinball tournament at Joystix.

#552 3 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

You have a few weeks left to order one...

Great. Find me someone that will put it on 0-down layaway with payback over two years and I STILL couldn't realistically afford it..

The only way I could realistically afford it would be to sell all my console stuff down to the last tiny bit (Which I don' thave time to do before cutoff), or to sell Metallica (As if my wife is going to let me swap her game for Domino's theme.....)

*Edit* I half thought about trying to find a location that would front the money and I'd offer to do maintenance and pay for the game over time, they keep all the coin drop except for parts cost...but realistically, again, there's not enough locations in Dallas that would be interested, and time is critical.

#553 3 years ago

I am guessing they just require 1k deposit. Will be a year before yours gets built??

#554 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am guessing they just require 1k deposit. Will be a year before yours gets built??

And I'm just supposed to gamble that my collection is worth that much, or that I can hoarde that much overtime between now and then?

I mean...I've taken some STUPID risks to buy pinball machines, but at least the risk was fully mine there. I don't want to screw with Spooky's operations just to *attempt* to get ahold of a game I can't afford. Just really bad timing on top of the time limited aspect.

#555 3 years ago

no (resized).jpg

no (resized).jpg

1 week later
#556 3 years ago

Still have not seen one of these anywhere.

#557 3 years ago

I don't think any have shipped yet.

#558 3 years ago

Going to support Spooky pin and deposit has been sent

Thanks Spooky

#559 3 years ago

I sure liked the game at HAAG. Was very happy to get to play it a little bit. The alternate backglass the Texas guys did looked wonderful!!

#560 3 years ago

My wife and I got to play this at the Spooky movie premiere a few weeks back and we couldn't stop thinking about it so we sent in a deposit for one. It's a fun shooter and I can't wait to spend some more time with it learning all the ins and outs.

#561 3 years ago

While I'm posting.... fawzmagames any plans for knocker or shaker support on this?

#562 2 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

While I'm posting.... fawzmagames any plans for knocker or shaker support on this?

Knocker support is already coded in the game and the Spooky Shaker that we carry at Pinball Life works in Domino's. I will let him chime in on shaker code in the game.

Knocker Kit:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4208

Shaker Kit:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4376

--Scott

#563 2 years ago

I've watched this game develop and thanks to knowing Adam, I have had several opportunities to play it throughout its evolution. The latest really is a tight product and fun to play.

Hats off to both Spooky and Adam for bringing to life a cool pin, and helping charity to boot!

I just added my name to the list, and sent in my deposit.

I definitely look forward to adding this to my collection!

#564 2 years ago

Thanks Scott. Looks like I'll be picking up another knocker and possibility a shaker in the near future.

1 week later
#565 2 years ago

How much is the deposit on this?

#566 2 years ago

I think 1000 bucks. I was hoping to maybe have that to put down before the end of the year but it's not going to happen. I'm sure if I want one later someone will part with theirs though.

#567 2 years ago

Update on ordering deadline coming soon... might be an extension.

#568 2 years ago

Shaker/knocker support is there.. Shaker just needs the command put in the places that will use it. It's easy enough to add in, but to come in the next update or so.

#569 2 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Update on ordering deadline coming soon... might be an extension.

Will you be able to tell us if there is a NorCal Pinsider that has one ordered so that we may hound them to bring it to Pin-A-Go-Go next year?

I'm kidding of course, but I do really want to be able to play this game at some point!

#570 2 years ago

My deposit has been sent to Spooky for Domino's. The videos makes it look quite fun. I'm originally from a town 14 miles away from them, so I've also got to support my almost local pin producer!

#571 2 years ago

I am gonna call to order one. I worked at store 4270 and 4271in the late 1980s and early 1990s. Great fun company. It was a least 30 minutes or 3 dollars off and finally no discount as it encouraged speeding by drivers.
My friend still has a Rolex watch with Domino's logo for hitting sales goals.

I only have the hat from that time frame. Stores located in Big Stone Gap and Wise Va both stores did good business. TSM leasing and 1800B4UDEAL were used to open more stores which ultimately led to 5 stores and closure of all units. The first two stores were good locations and money makers. Still closed today but it's a great market. I do miss the pepperoni press which was an internal magazine with stores for sale and other neat items like the auto cheese which is another great invention.

At the time we always had to say Domino's Pizza as Domino's sugar claimed the name Domino's. 4 fun years working at the company. Glad the company is on such a good high note. Thankfully no more employees wear Detroit Tigers hats. Tom M. used to own the Tigers and Domino's Pizza so it was allowed in our district.

#572 2 years ago

I think they are planning only 150 regular varieties of the pin, in addition to the 75 LE's that sold out a while ago. It sounds like I will have #127, so almost sold out!

#573 2 years ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

I think they are planning only 150 regular varieties of the pin, in addition to the 75 LE's that sold out a while ago. It sounds like I will have #127, so almost sold out!

They have always said they'd make as many machines as were ordered by the deadline, which has now been extended to 12 April.

#574 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Global conquest sub wizard mode was written last night. I'll be testing it today. Then moving onto Pizza Wars!
We should have gameplay video soon, so you don't miss out on this if you're on the fence still.

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

the cutoff date is out of Spookys hands. 150 units or end of December.

Three days left and still waiting on that gameplay video...

#575 2 years ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

I put my order for one in yesterday. Maybe I have #128?!
I bought for the same reasons you did.

Cheers,

Winston.

#576 2 years ago

Why the limit on 150 games? The cost to amortize game specific tooling could dive prices up.

#577 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Why the limit on 150 games? The cost to amortize game specific tooling could dive prices up.

Cuz they gotta move on to the next big thing. This game was never planned to have a large run to offset production or tooling costs. That is why Spooky is awesome.

#578 2 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I worked at store 4270 and 4271in the late 1980s and early 1990s.

Is this where your Pinside name came from?

#579 2 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

They have always said they'd make as many machines as were ordered by the deadline, which has now been extended to 12 April.

is this true? If so, awesome! Means I will get a chance to play more before deciding.

#580 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Is this where your Pinside name came from?

Yes we used to sling dough at Domino's.

Later opened up my own pizza place called Doughslingers Pizza. It is my Ebay handle from Jan 99 just could not think of anything better.

Now it more like slinging dough for pinball machines. Pins cost more than makeline units or almost walk in coolers.

Still own a pizza place but would love to bring Dominos back to my area.
Here is a picture of the game room at the pizza store.

received_1247276302005327 (resized).jpeg

#581 2 years ago

Super bummed that I won't be able to afford one of these, but at least I'll get to see it at TPF.

#582 2 years ago

Oh no it's DAAAAAAAAYTOOOOOOOOOONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Worked in a theater when that game was popular. You could hear the attract mode in any part of the mall. There was no escape, much like a new MacBook.

Years later I learned it was one of the top arcade games of all time. Which was perplexing, as all we ever heard was the attract mode.

#583 2 years ago

Daytona got a workout at our local arcade. But I was too busy playing pinball. It was supposed to be one of the better sit down racing games of it's time.

#584 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Worked in a theater when that game was popular. You could hear the attract mode in any part of the mall. There was no escape, much like a new MacBook.
Years later I learned it was one of the top arcade games of all time. Which was perplexing, as all we ever heard was the attract mode.

At least I'm not the only one that was permanently tainted by that game. I look up the music every year or so just to get the feel back. In fact, I'm going to do it right now.

LET'S GO AWAY!

#585 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Uff so goddamn true. Sadly I had already stopped working at my theatre job and had an arcade job sitting 5 goddamn feet from that game when it came out. Good 1 solid hour bare minimum where no one was in that store it was all "Let's go Away."

Quoted from Frax:

In fact, I'm going to do it right now.

had to be done

#586 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

had to be done

I was a game tech when this beast came out.
I had to hear this and move these things as well !!!

#587 2 years ago

Got a chance to play one of these over the holidays. It was a lot of fun. I liked a lot of the shots on it. My only complaint about it at all was that that the sound effects were pretty over the top. Not my slice of pizza theme wise, but fun enough.

#588 2 years ago

You have to admire SEGA for always having great music though. When sonic the hedgehog came out, it was a super mario killer.

It's a shame this is only a demo.. A truly open world sonic game like mario64 would print money

#589 2 years ago

Any chance of getting this pin into a Domino's commercial? Maybe include it in the latest customer contest?

#590 2 years ago

Do we know about how many in total have been ordered?

#591 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Do we know about how many in total have been ordered?

110-130? Can't remember what thread it was posted but I thought numbers were in that range.

#592 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

When sonic the hedgehog came out, it was a super mario killer.

Just as much to do with it being on a 16 bit system going up against the original 8 bit NES. It was not better than the Super Nintendo version of Mario World with Yoshi.

#593 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Daytona got a workout at our local arcade. But I was too busy playing pinball. It was supposed to be one of the better sit down racing games of it's time.

It still earns a great deal of money.

The attract mode can be turned off thru settings and we lowered our Daytona twins to 50 cents now to play.

#594 2 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

The attract mode can be turned off thru settings

But that's what makes it Daytona! Dayyyytooooonnnaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

#595 2 years ago

Finally got to play the latest Domino's code on location at Pocketeer. Happy to report it's no longer "skill shot all day" - code is MUCH improved and stacking modes/multiballs is way fun. Overall scoring is much higher too. Got on the board!

IMG_7866 (resized).JPG

#596 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just as much to do with it being on a 16 bit system going up against the original 8 bit NES. It was not better than the Super Nintendo version of Mario World with Yoshi.

Sonic 2 was though.

3 weeks later
#597 2 years ago

I also finally played on the most recent code. Much better balance now, more fun to shoot.

A couple of things that are needed:

- A sound should trigger for every coin inserted. Right now, you have no idea if it gave you credit until you insert all of the required coins. The display should also give some indication of how many coins have been inserted towards a credit (1/4, 2/4, etc)

- The sounds that are played during the bonus count (like "target master" for example) are grating and loud. They really need to be reworked into something more pleasant.

1 month later
#598 2 years ago

Are there any of these on location yet?

#599 2 years ago
Quoted from Lysurgeon:

Not sure about west coast, but I played one on location at pocketeers in buffalo, ny

#600 2 years ago
Quoted from Lysurgeon:

There's one at Ayce Gogi in Van Nuys, Ca. It's a Korean BBQ with a bar in the back and 17 well maintained pins. Dominos is there as well as AMH.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Trade
Machine - For Trade
San Mateo, CA
4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orchard Park, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
San Mateo, CA
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 55.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 209.99
There are 678 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside