(Topic ID: 153733)

Domino's Pinball Official Thread - $5,299. Production started.

By adamgacek

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 678 posts
  • 214 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by KenLayton
  • Topic is favorited by 43 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 132 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Dominos Pinball Solenoid List.pdf (PDF preview)
Dominos-Game-Blades-Right (resized).jpg
Dominos-Game-Blades-Left (resized).jpg
3032911-poster-p-avoid-the-noid6 (resized).jpg
F7579C3B-C903-48A6-A1B3-E97D04DCA103 (resized).jpeg
F3536ED9-FC67-4413-A028-434A89D386B2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20171102_1623273 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171026_165510 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171026_165454 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170904_213111 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170827_223323 (resized).jpg
Avoid the node (resized).jpg
noid (resized).jpg
2017-07-22 16.28.28 (resized).jpg
002 (resized).JPG
003 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 678 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 14.
#451 2 years ago

Is it possible to buy one and put it on route?

#452 2 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Is it possible to buy one and put it on route?

Yes? Just tell spooky you're routing it and he'll make sure it's route-ready. Just don't try to stick it in a pizza joint?

#453 2 years ago

Yes. Several are already planned for route.

1 month later
#454 2 years ago

FYI for all - the production-ready Domino's Spectacular Pinball Adventure with brand new code is available for play at Pinball Expo at the Back Alley Creations booth. Orders can be placed right at the show through Charlie or KT. $5,299 plus shipping and part of that will be a charitable donation that could be tax deductible for you, likely $400-750 per machine.

-Adam

#455 2 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

FYI for all - the production-ready Domino's Spectacular Pinball Adventure with brand new code is available for play at Pinball Expo at the Back Alley Creations booth. Orders can be placed right at the show through Charlie or KT. $5,299 plus shipping and part of that will be a charitable donation that could be tax deductible for you, likely $400-750 per machine.
-Adam

Been looking forward to seeing the updates from the recently streamed version. Is there a plan to have this latest version streamed for those not in the Chicago/Benton region?

#456 2 years ago

I am ordering real streaming gear shortly and plan on showing this game off as soon as I get my production model. Likely early November.

Would love to hear feedback on the updated code from those who get to play it at Expo. Either in this thread or at adam.gacek@dominos.com

thanks.

#457 2 years ago

Didn't get to play it, but the new translite looked great, loved the Noid. Was it a backglass? Whatever it was, it lit up really nice.

#458 2 years ago

Thanks for the nice feedback, Aurich! Very glad to hear that the game and new backglass art looked nice in person. I really can't wait to see the finished machine in person one day. I believe the translite art you saw is indeed a backglass and both versions that will be available will be real backglasses.

Congrats to you and the Alien team on a really successful Expo this weekend! Seems like the first impressions were great. Seeing all of the elements of the game together gave it a great ambiance as you always said it would have!

#459 2 years ago

Game is locked down and final (except code) and production has started!

Order by emailing KT@spookypinball.com $5,299 plus shipping. That is not a typo.

Either version has a backglass and I love what Scott G. did with Noidzilla.

Looking forward to the launch party at Pocketeer Billiards in Buffalo on the 29th of October. We will definitely get some video from the event even if we cannot stream because of slow internet. The Buffalo Pinball guys are pros at video so i'm way more confident than if it was just me trying to record it.

#460 2 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Game is locked down and final (except code) and production has started!
Order by emailing KT@spookypinball.com $5,299 plus shipping. That is not a typo.
Either version has a backglass and I love what Scott G. did with Noidzilla.
Looking forward to the launch party at Pocketeer Billiards in Buffalo on the 29th of October. We will definitely get some video from the event even if we cannot stream because of slow internet. The Buffalo Pinball guys are pros at video so i'm way more confident than if it was just me trying to record it.

Do you happen to know what was changed from the streamed prototype and the production model?

#461 2 years ago

A bit of geometry in the left orbit shot that I believe also impacted the Noid loop a bit. Also, the top pop bumper and rollover lanes were tweaked a bit to allow for more ball interaction with those areas.

I think the oven ramp went from prototype to production which improved consistency of drops from shots from both flippers.

Plus more code, animations and sound.

#462 2 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

A bit of geometry in the left orbit shot that I believe also impacted the Noid loop a bit. Also, the top pop bumper and rollover lanes were tweaked a bit to allow for more ball interaction with those areas.
I think the oven ramp went from prototype to production which improved consistency of drops from shots from both flippers.
Plus more code, animations and sound.

Cool, my biggest issue was the drainy Noid loop return.

The oven shot: That shot from the player perspective looks like a simple design, but the overhead view from the streams shows a nice elegant curve as it goes into the scoop. Kudos to whoever did that geometry, it's a very beautiful path.

#463 2 years ago

The Noid loop return was way less likely to drain when the prototype came back to my house. Most of the time, that show returned squarely to the left flipper without any issue and if not, it could be saved.

The curve of the oven ramp was necessary to avoid rejections and bounce outs. All credit goes to Mr. Emery for that.

#464 2 years ago

Even by the 29th, even more code will be in.

The ball stop is sort of used as a diverter to give more interaction with the pops and lanes.

All modes on left are started via left scoop and start multiballs when completed.

All modes on right are started via right scoop and are all timed modes.

Mystery is started by loading up the spinner, and I'm thinking any time you beat the Noid in "Noid Battle". Some might hate this, I'm going to have heavy use of the mystery scoop to advance carreer mode and EOB bonus multiplier.

Of course, I'm always open for suggestions so things will always change.

#465 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Even by the 29th, even more code will be in.
The ball stop is sort of used as a diverter to give more interaction with the pops and lanes.
All modes on left are started via left scoop and start multiballs when completed.
All modes on right are started via right scoop and are all timed modes.
Mystery is started by loading up the spinner, and I'm thinking any time you beat the Noid in "Noid Battle". Some might hate this, I'm going to have heavy use of the mystery scoop to advance carreer mode and EOB bonus multiplier.
Of course, I'm always open for suggestions so things will always change.

All sounds good. For the mystery, can there be a tournament option where it follows the same path for all players in that game. Some games have a setting where it will be the same path always, but Demo Man has a mystery setting that will make the actual order random every game, but it will have the same path for each player in that one game.

#466 2 years ago

If anyone is going to be in the Buffalo area on Oct. 29, be sure to come by for the launch party! Info here: https://buffalopinball.com/2016/09/23/dominos-pinball-launch-party-and-tournament-oct-29-at-pocketeer/

Congrats to Adam and the Spooky crew for getting the game to production! Really looking forward to playing it at Pocketeer.

Domino's Launch Flyer (resized).png

#467 2 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

If anyone is going to be in the Buffalo area on Oct. 29, be sure to come by for the launch party! Info here: https://buffalopinball.com/2016/09/23/dominos-pinball-launch-party-and-tournament-oct-29-at-pocketeer/

Can't go. Anyone doing a Live stream?

#468 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Can't go. Anyone doing a Live stream?

Pocketeer doesn't have high speed Internet access anymore (they upgraded for a month so we could stream our PAPA Circuit Event), but we can capture some video and upload after the fact.

#469 2 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Pocketeer doesn't have high speed Internet access anymore (they upgraded for a month so we could stream our PAPA Circuit Event), but we can capture some video and upload after the fact.

I would like that. I know it's a little bit of a chore, but I'm very much on the fence for this game and would like to see it after the changes Adam mentioned above.

#470 2 years ago

We are going to see if we can do something about live streaming the event. Not sure it is possible but we will try. If not, we will get a recording or highlights posted.

#471 2 years ago

I wonder how I can even get in touch with the owner of the local Domino's franchise to encourage him/her to get one of these and place it in their location.

#472 2 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I wonder how I can even get in touch with the owner of the local Domino's franchise to encourage him/her to get one of these and place it in their location.

Good chance they don't have room. But, they may support local events and might want to have a machine at the event location to draw a crowd.

#473 2 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I never thought about that. Maybe I should do the same.

#474 2 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Go to the local Dominoes and ask for the franchisee contact info. I already have the info for mine, but this one is setup for pickup only (I believe all of them are?) so I'm not sure they want people hanging out playing pinball.

#475 2 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

Go to the local Dominoes and ask for the franchisee contact info. I already have the info for mine, but this one is setup for pickup only (I believe all of them are?) so I'm not sure they want people hanging out playing pinball.

Mine's actually pretty nice. It's not in a strip mall but has it's own building. I'm not sure how much room it has though.

#476 2 years ago

The U.S.-based variance process to get a game in a store is going to be a lot tougher than international store variances. Canada is actually getting at least two games in stores that I know of so far.

I think folks are generally pretty worried about setup, maintenance and upkeep so if they know there are people that want and can help with these processes (even if it is for money or free pizza), it may help them over the hump to order a game.

We are hoping to produce a video after the launch that will be sent to all franchisees to solicit orders before the deadline for ordering at the end of the year. I'll try to post that here when it is done.

#477 2 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

The U.S.-based variance process to get a game in a store is going to be a lot tougher than international store variances. Canada is actually getting at least two games in stores that I know of so far.
I think folks are generally pretty worried about setup, maintenance and upkeep so if they know there are people that want and can help with these processes (even if it is for money or free pizza), it may help them over the hump to order a game.
We are hoping to produce a video after the launch that will be sent to all franchisees to solicit orders before the deadline for ordering at the end of the year. I'll try to post that here when it is done.

Maybe I can volunteer to help with maintenance for some free games and pizza.

#478 2 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

Yeah, the one here is pickup only, but they have a nice large new space. I think a pin would round it out nicely and entertain people (well, certainly me), while they wait.

#479 2 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Yeah, the one here is pickup only, but they have a nice large new space. I think a pin would round it out nicely and entertain people (well, certainly me), while they wait.

If I knew they had a pin, I would actually go there a lot more.

#480 2 years ago

Also, I sure would like to see this game in person at the Houston Arcade Expo Nov 11th and 12th, especially with David and Blake being in Houston it would be cool to show off the work they did in their home town. www.arcadecenter.com

#481 2 years ago

Who wants to buy one in Houston? We can see if Charlie can bump them up the production list to get one in time?

#482 2 years ago

Where in Canada are they going? Might be my only chance to see one.

#483 2 years ago

We're waiting to play one in Houston to see who will buy one.

#484 2 years ago

Touché. We are working to see if we can get one down to Houston. I wish I had an unlimited budget but we are trying.

#485 2 years ago

If you need to take one to Nashville for Grande Ole Expo, I could do that for you.

#486 2 years ago

I thought this whole thing was a joke at first but it's cool to see Domino's doing this. I don't even know why they wanted a machine but hey if they support pinball I'll make sure to buy some of their pizzas.

#487 2 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I thought this whole thing was a joke at first but it's cool to see Domino's doing this. I don't even know why they wanted a machine but hey if they support pinball I'll make sure to buy some of their pizzas.

Yeah its pretty cool in that regard. I gave up Dominos pizza for many years cause it just plain sucked. Then I tried a couple a year ago and then again weeks ago. These newer recipes are much better (to me). I will order more as a show of support, to them, for showing support to the pin hobby!

#488 2 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Touché. We are working to see if we can get one down to Houston. I wish I had an unlimited budget but we are trying.

Ok. I put the word out to see if I can find someone to buy one so one can make it to Houston. I am hopeful.

#489 2 years ago

I don't want to jinx it but it looks like we may have a buyer of a game who is willing to let people play it at the Houston Expo. More to come as soon as it is for sure but thanks to Blake Dumesnil (BD_Designs) for getting the deal in place.

#490 2 years ago

That would be sweet! Thank you, Adam and Blake.

#491 2 years ago

Where can we check out a recent video of the game play?

#492 2 years ago

Dominos pinball play

Mike

#493 2 years ago

I love that this game seemingly scooped almost everything else at Expo. Looks really fun, great price, and already in production. Great job.
One thing I noticed was there was no post to the right of the right ramp. Will that cause any issues with airballs hitting the oven?
I really like the multiball scoring where after 30 seconds the score earned is multiplied by the # of balls still in play. Way to maximize the risk/reward.
Is production limited by either a set #, or will it be made unlimited, until demand fades?

#494 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Is production limited by either a set #, or will it be made unlimited, until demand fades?

i believe production will be in the amount of machines ordered by 12/31/16

#495 2 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Dominos pinball play » YouTube video
Mike

Thanks for that video.

Any ideas out there to donate to charity through money pulled in through the machine?

So I buy the machine, find a franchisee to house the machine and where do we go from there?

I can't spend thousands out of the kindness of my heart to get Zero in return.

Anyone familiar with situations like this and what is considering a normal "split"?.

I'd be responsible for maintaining the machine of course.

#496 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

i believe production will be in the amount of machines ordered by 12/31/16

That's what I was told by Adam or Stacy - orders will be taken until the end of the year, production will stop when those orders are filled. I'm still on the fence, the annual pin budget is tapped out but... but...

#497 2 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

Thanks for that video.
Any ideas out there to donate to charity through money pulled in through the machine?
So I buy the machine, find a franchisee to house the machine and where do we go from there?
I can't spend thousands out of the kindness of my heart to get Zero in return.
Anyone familiar with situations like this and what is considering a normal "split"?.
I'd be responsible for maintaining the machine of course.

For starters, the difference between the BOM and the $5,299 is intended for a charitable (i.e., tax deductible) donation if my understanding is correct. Couple hundred bucks is all but worth consideration. Bigger problem is getting approval to place the machine in a store unless it's got a larger footprint than the average US location. None of the stores near me fit the description and I'm pretty familiar, having maintained their Avaya Partner phones and music-on-hold systems for the better part of a decade. I'm also a big fan (pun intended) of that $7.99 3-topping large carryout special they have going.

#498 2 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I'm still on the fence, the annual pin budget is tapped out but... but...

But....but....there is only a small deposit required right now, if any at all. Go ahead...get on that list.

#499 2 years ago

We are taking orders through 12/31.

I didn't experience any air balls off the right ramp but I usually try to backhand it because that was much easier for me.

I would imagine a 75/25 split with a franchisee, at least in the beginning and then maybe 60/40 after the game has recouped some/all of your investment.

The first game will be at Pocketeer in Buffalo starting around Oct 29. There will be one at Pinball Life soon as well. One is also almost definitely going to be at the Houston Arcade Expo in November.

Video from the launch party on the 29th will be posted as soon as possible after the party.

#500 2 years ago

Pre-Christmas order Noid bump!

Brad

christmas_noid.png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
San Mateo, CA
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 678 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside