(Topic ID: 153733)

Domino's Pinball Official Thread - $5,299. Production started.

By adamgacek

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 678 posts
  • 214 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by KenLayton
  • Topic is favorited by 43 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 132 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Dominos Pinball Solenoid List.pdf (PDF preview)
Dominos-Game-Blades-Right (resized).jpg
Dominos-Game-Blades-Left (resized).jpg
3032911-poster-p-avoid-the-noid6 (resized).jpg
F7579C3B-C903-48A6-A1B3-E97D04DCA103 (resized).jpeg
F3536ED9-FC67-4413-A028-434A89D386B2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20171102_1623273 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171026_165510 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171026_165454 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170904_213111 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170827_223323 (resized).jpg
Avoid the node (resized).jpg
noid (resized).jpg
2017-07-22 16.28.28 (resized).jpg
002 (resized).JPG
003 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #533 Game Rules Updated Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #535 A list of minor updates. Posted by FawzmaGames (2 years ago)

Post #646 Cite from spooky on production run size Posted by SpookyKT (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 678 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.
#1 3 years ago

This will serve as the official Domino's pinball machine thread. We will provide periodic updates at the top of the thread and attempt to answer questions posed in the thread.

-Adam

October 17 Update - Production has started. Cost is $5,299 - email KT@spookypinball.com to place your order today. Alternate backglass is $50 upgrade or get both backglasses for $125 extra.

March 2 Update - Translite revealed as well as further art details. See below for email sent to pre-order persons and the interest list.

Good morning. Even though there have been no updates for a couple months, we have been hard at work on the Domino’s pinball machine. This email will serve as a both a recap and an update. We want these updates to be complete information so that folks do not have to look in multiple places. The big reveal in this email is that we have a final standard translite to unveil along with the artist responsible as well as our plan for future information releases.

To recap the facts so far:

Title: Domino’s Spectacular Pinball Adventure
Manufacturer: Spooky Pinball, LLC (www.spookypinball.com)
Designer: Charlie Emery
Cost: Between $4,700 and $5,500 depending on final bill of materials (BOM). All additional amounts received by Domino’s above the actual BOM will be donated to Domino’s Partners Foundation.
Models: Limited Edition model (75 - all sold) and Standard Model (no set limit on the production yet, TBD)
Model Differences: Limited Edition model will have additional art, cabinet and decorative aspects but no difference in playfield or gameplay between the models
Production Start: 2nd half of 2016, hopefully by the end of the Summer
Production Estimates: As fast as Spooky Pinball can manufacture a quality product while not taking away from any of their other pinball production. Spooky will be setting up a new 2nd production line to handle the Domino’s machine orders
Full Reveal: Spooky Pinball has booked their travel to be in attendance along with thousands of Domino’s team members at the Domino’s Pizza World Wide Rally in Las Vegas from June 19-22 to set up a prototype machine in the Domino’s Partners Foundation booth for all attendees to see and play
Additional Video Reveal: Spooky and Domino’s are working together to arrange a potential streaming video event from World Wide Rally for all those interested, more on this to come in the future
Cabinet: Standard body with similar dimensions to the other Spooky Pinball machines
Display: Full color LED display similar to the Rob Zombie’s Spookshow International pinball display from Spooky Pinball
Music: Custom music composed specially for the game
Modes: 3 overall game arcs with multiple modes within each: (1) Employee/Franchisee Modes, (2) Operations Modes and (3) Noid Battles. Mini-wizard modes at the end of each game arc along with multiple wizard modes
Noid?: Heck yes!

New Information:

Backglass/Translite and Playfield Art: Our initial plan was to utilize internal resources to produce the artwork on the game but the people who would have helped with this project are also extremely busy getting ready for the World Wide Rally with their official job duties. So Spooky and Domino’s contracted with Scott Gullicks of Riot Pinball (www.riotpinball.com) to produce the standard translite, the playfield and plastics artwork and an alternate translite. As many of you know, Scott designed and manufactured the Wrath of Olympus pinball machine, has done artwork for games on the P3 pinball platform and has produced some other incredible pinball-related art. Spooky Pinball also worked with Scott as a supplier for Wrath of Olympus. We love Scott’s style and were determined to make this machine not only a representation of Domino’s and its history but also really good pinball art. We think Scott produced an incredible piece of art that captures the history and spirit of the Domino’s brand while working with the Domino's design team and staying within the boundaries of our style guide and brand message.

Below is a low resolution copy of the artwork to hopefully make it through everyone’s email filters. You’ll see that we included items from the 55+ year history of the brand; the founder, Tom Monaghan, the first store in Ypsilanti, Michigan, a representative early delivery car, the Noid, other past mascots, old logos, an old marketing slogan, etc.

Scott has now turned his attention to drawing the playfield and plastics in the same general style and will then produce an alternative translite that will be a bit more edgy and dark. We are unsure if we will release the playfield art or the alternate translite before World Wide Rally.

Cabinet Artwork: In addition, as a result of the pinball art contest we ran, we received many cool and creative concepts and ideas for the game. We awarded the prizes as detailed in the contest but the grand prize winner was so dedicated, creative and enthusiastic about the project that we decided to contract with him to produce the full cabinet artwork as well as help with overall game design. Blake Dumesnil (www.facebook.com/BlakeDumesnilDesigns/ and BD_Designs on Pinside) is a professional graphic artist at NASA’s Johnson Space Center and pinball enthusiast from Houston, Texas who has almost completed the cabinet artwork for the machine. The cabinet will revealed in the very near future.

This team that has come together to make this machine is excited and energized by the Domino’s brand and the pinball machine as a representation of the Domino’s system. More to come as things are finalized and as we get closer to World Wide Rally. If you have any specific questions or would like to get information on ordering, please email pinball@dominos.com.

dominos_translite_mar1_large_size_(resized).jpg

Edited to add photos to the first post to make it easier to find.

IMG_1032_(resized).JPG
IMG_1033_(resized).JPG
IMG_1035_(resized).JPG
IMG_1036_(resized).JPG
IMG_1038_(resized).JPG
IMG_1042_(resized).JPG
IMG_1043_(resized).JPG
IMG_1048_(resized).JPG
IMG_1049_(resized).JPG
IMG_1050_(resized).JPG
IMG_1063_(resized).JPG

#2 3 years ago

Better cabinet pictures from TPF.

Domino's_Pin_TPF_-_1_medium_(resized).jpgDomino's_Pin_TPF_-_2_medium_(resized).jpgDomino's_Pin_TPF_-_4_medium_(resized).jpgDomino's_Pin_TPF_-_5_medium_(resized).jpgDomino's_Pin_TPF_-_7_medium_(resized).jpgDomino's_Pin_TPF_-_8_medium_(resized).jpgDomino's_Pin_TPF_-_6_medium_(resized).jpgDomino's_Pin_TPF_-_9_medium_(resized).jpg

Added over 3 years ago: September 1 update and recap:

Domino's Spectacular Pinball Adventure
Cost $5,299 plus shipping
75 Limited Edition models (sold out)
Standard Models on sale now! Order by emailing KT@spookypinball.com
Orders will continue to be taken until December 31, 2016
LE owners will get both backglasses included in their order
$50 additional charge for Standard Model owners to replace standard backglass with alternate backglass
$125 additional charge for Standard Model owners to add the alternate backglass to their order and get both backglasses

More information or questions answered by emailing pinball@dominos.com or adam.gacek@dominos.com

#3 3 years ago

Nice. Love the mood chasing a vw beetle. Loved the noid as a kid. Best NES video game. And am a VW but now. Curious about this edgy translite.....

#4 3 years ago

"Domino's Pizza" sign for the storefront and car? Is this promotion still in effect? I want to be a logo informant!

pasted_image_(resized).png

#5 3 years ago

pretty cool, cant wait to see the layout / ruleset!

Quoted from DefaultGen:

"Domino's Pizza" sign for the storefront and car? Is this promotion still in effect? I want to be a logo informant!

if you read his post he states that they used logos and slogans from throughout the 55+ year history of the company and that store is the first store opened with the founder outside...

#7 3 years ago

I think this is super awesome and fun. Glad to hear someone understands how to have fun over at Dominoes HQ!

#8 3 years ago

Cool!

I've been seeing a lot of commercials stressing that Domino's wants to become your carry-out store, so having these games in store makes a lot of sense.

We rotate between pizza places, so we hit Domino's maybe once a month or so. I'd be inclined to stop by and pick up the pizza on the way home from work if there was a pin for me to play.

#9 3 years ago

Backglass looks pretty cool. Nice work Scott!!

#10 3 years ago

I would think the translight would feature the new Dominos delivery vehicle.

#11 3 years ago

Nice job Scott!!

Thread_delivers_(resized).jpg

#12 3 years ago

It looks great guys, Scott did a great job as always. Great to see it all coming together. Maybe the more edgy translite will include the infamous water tower.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Cool!
I've been seeing a lot of commercials stressing that Domino's wants to become your carry-out store, so having these games in store makes a lot of sense.
We rotate between pizza places, so we hit Domino's maybe once a month or so. I'd be inclined to stop by and pick up the pizza on the way home from work if there was a pin for me to play.

had there pizza a few years ago tasted like cardboard.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

had there pizza a few years ago tasted like cardboard.

We are spoiled when it comes to pizza options, but I think it is very cool to see pizza joints putting pins in their stores

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

We are spoiled when it comes to pizza options, but I think it is very cool to see pizza joints putting pins in their stores

Only NY people and Chicago folks can dare say they are spoiled when it comes to pizza Eating domino's in NYC is sacrilegious. Kind of like eating at the olive garden.

#16 3 years ago

NY is the only other place I've been where I've said this is damn good pizza

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

It's their original logo, I think.

Totally dig the translite, as a two time ex-employee. Only one gripe...nobody I've EVER seen in employ of Domino's has ever worn a tie.

#18 3 years ago

I count the word Domino's on there 15 times, anyone want to check my math?

Good luck Spooky!

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Only NY people and Chicago folks can dare say they are spoiled when it comes to pizza Eating domino's in NYC is sacrilegious. Kind of like eating at the olive garden.

Give us some credit here in New Haven Worcester street alone....

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Good luck Spooky!

Your math checks out

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Give us some credit here in New Haven Worcester street alone....

Oh my God do I miss that pizza. I'd give anything for a white clam pizza from Pepe's right now.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

So Spooky and Domino’s contracted with Scott Gullicks of Riot Pinball (www.riotpinball.com) to produce the standard translite, the playfield and plastics artwork and an alternate translite. As many of you know, Scott designed and manufactured the Wrath of Olympus pinball machine, has done artwork for games on the P3 pinball platform and has produced some other incredible pinball-related art.

Very happy for Scott... and Spooky.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Good luck Spooky!

16 if you read license plate lingo.

Congrats Spooky!

#25 3 years ago

I like all kinds of pizza. I also enjoy eating at Cracker Barrel and Olive Garden.

Being snobby about restaurants is #7 on my pet peeves list.

#26 3 years ago

I never thought I'd see the Noid again...

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I like all kinds of pizza. I also enjoy eating at Cracker Barrel and Olive Garden.
Being snobby about restaurants is #7 on my pet peeves list.

I love Domino's pizza, but if this a classic theme then per their own ad campaign a few years ago this is back when they had the cardboard crust, complete lack of flavor, and ketchup sauce right?

#28 3 years ago

Games leaving the factory are delivered in 30 minutes or less otherwise they are free

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I never thought I'd see the Noid again...

In the late 90's I worked for a Domino's. We found a Noid costume with a big rubber mask in the back. They told me to put it on and go to the street to drum up business. I told them I'd rather be unemployed, so they got some teenager to do it instead. People actually went nuts for the Noid. The absurdity was hilarious. It seemed like everyone missed him, even if they were only ironically enjoying it. I'm glad to see him get his due, even if it means he's going to ruin all the pizzas.

#30 3 years ago

Well the noids demise is imminent, look at the banana peel. He is one step away from slipping and breaking his neck

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from pepermintswirl:

I would think the translight would feature the new Dominos delivery vehicle.

Had no idea what you were talking about.

Did some clicking for others unaware:

http://www.dominosdxp.com/
http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/street-smarts/daily-news-drives-domino-delivery-car-article-1.2500528

Anyway, that article says they made under 100 cars.
Wiki, says there are 5000 stores in the states. So roughly 2% of stores nation wide are getting a car. Not really enough of a reason to showcase it.

#32 3 years ago

Besides its all about the history of dominos, not the future of dominos....

Quoted from ectobar:

Had no idea what you were talking about.
Did some clicking for others unaware:
http://www.dominosdxp.com/
http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/street-smarts/daily-news-drives-domino-delivery-car-article-1.2500528
Anyway, that article says they made under 100 cars.
Wiki, says there are 5000 stores in the states. So roughly 2% of stores nation wide are getting a car. Not really enough of a reason to showcase it.

#33 3 years ago

This game has me excited.

#34 3 years ago

Yes the Noid!

#35 3 years ago

Translite looks pretty good. Who are the guys on the sign and what are they doing?

#36 3 years ago

Translite is awesome. Driver is one step from ghost riding the whip!

#37 3 years ago

Will the LE have an available backglass showing the Ypsilanti Dic....er....water tower? I mean, you can't have Ypsi without it!

DONG_(resized).jpg

#38 3 years ago

We appreciate the interest from the Pinside community in the game and the responses so far. While this game is targeted primarily at the Domino's system, our goal is to make a game that would be enjoyable and interesting long-term for more serious pinball players.

The two characters on the billboard are characters from the past. The Domino's tile is Donny Domino and he was a mascot in the distant past who was supposed to be cool and hip. The brown guy hanging from the catwalk is Fudgem, the mascot for our launch of Brownie Squares in the mid 2000's. I'll tell the inside joke as to why he is hanging from the catwalk in person, not on a public message board.

We did get a little bit of pushback on the driver hanging outside of the car, my position is that he is still wearing his seatbelt because cars in those days - non-specific make and model! - had lap belts which you cannot see.

The gentlemen in the tie is Tom Monaghan, the founder of Domino's Pizza. He wore a suit and tie everyday to work and was known to wear ties on store visits. Things have loosened up a bit in the 16 years since he sold the company.

Scott Gullicks pointed out to me that there were a lot of "Domino's" wordmarks on the translite. Pretty unavoidable when your logo has the name and all of your pizza boxes also have your name on them.

There is a preliminary playfield layout along draft modes and animations that are still works in progress. We are not sure how much we will share before the launch as the timeline is tight before World Wide Rally. Someone get a couple beers in Charlie at TPF and maybe he'll give you some hints!

#39 3 years ago

I haven't really been following the development of this game but a cool mode would be to have a roving lamp/target that you do not want to hit. Avoid the Noid.

#40 3 years ago

That translite is really great given the nature of the theme. Love the Noid, too!

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Someone get a couple beers in Charlie at TPF and maybe he'll give you some hints!

I've got people that can get it out of him sooner than that. Stay tuned.

#42 3 years ago

Will the world end up with more Dominos Cars or Pins ?

FTR I like the translight art as is, but the pizza oven car has been on my mind since I saw a commercial for one.

#43 3 years ago

There's some seriously wacky lighting in that image - there isn't a single shadow pointing in the same direction. And the perspective is a bit awkward.

But hey, hand drawn art! Always happy to see that!

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

but a cool mode would be to have a roving lamp/target that you do not want to hit. Avoid the Noid.

I thought about the same thing! Maybe a timed mode where a bunch of targets/ramps/things are lit but the goal is to NOT hit the lit shots. You'd start out with x amount of points, x amount of seconds, and every time a lit shot is made, points are deducted from the winnings. In order to keep people from exploiting the mode by holding the ball in a cradle, the programming could pause the clock/timer whenever flipper activity stops (like tap into the programming that's used to sense activity to bring up a status report).

Just a thought. Either way, I think a mode like that would be a fun twist on a standard ruleset.

#45 3 years ago

Dominos pizza is leaps and bounds better today. If I'm ordering takeout its Dominos

Would I want a pizza pinball machine? I don't think so. I love pizza but don't need to be tempted all the time

Very cool ad effort for Spooky though. I'll look forward to RZ and beyond

#46 3 years ago

Really liking the artwork by Scott. After seeing both WOOLY and the custom GoT translites he did, pleased to see he's on the job for this title.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Cabinet Artwork: In addition, as a result of the pinball art contest we ran,...

29 upvotes and no down; fantastic. Let us not forget the shit & tear fest this was when it first came out; end of the world it was

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dominos-pizza-pinball-art-contest-win-prizes

#48 3 years ago

Are you really going to drag that back into a positive thread?

#49 3 years ago

noid.jpg

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Are you really going to drag that back into a positive thread?

You can't change yout text after I thumb it up. Anyway, just showing how much nicer Pinside has become.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
San Mateo, CA
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
There are 678 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside