(Topic ID: 166446)

Domino's Pinball LIVE from Spooky Pinball on Dead Flip 8/18 @ 5 Central!

By DeadFlip

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by alveolus
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

strange-brew-1_(resized).jpg
hqdefault_(resized).jpg
DominosAD.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BD_Designs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

So who ended up winning the $200 of pizza? And what part of the design was theirs?

I ended up winning the contest.

I designed all of the cabinet artwork, the game's title treatment/logo, the apron, most of the plastics, all of the inserts, text treatments, & ornamentation on the playfield and on the alternate translite (to be revealed soon), and the flyers/marketing collateral shown at TPF and the Domino's Las Vegas Rally. I also collaborated on the modes, objectives, & rules as well as the animations. Scott, Adam and I worked very closely on developing the look and feel of the game and the 3 of us came up with the concepts for the 2 translites.

Scott busted his ass (actually everyone did) on the translite and playfield artworks and the effort really shows! He hit a grand slam with them!!

But this game is Adam's baby and he had some truly fantastic ideas about the potential for the game before we ever started. He knew how to make the game much deeper than simply just about making or delivering pizzas. There are a ton of animations, modes, callouts, etc. that weren't unlocked during the stream last night. I think everyone will get a kick out of them when they eventually see them. The wizard modes and Battle the Noid modes are great!

And keep in mind that everything seen last night was only developed between January and now. All we had at the beginning of the year were some rough napkin sketches.

It was a really awesome experience working on this game and I wouldn't be surprised to see us team up again on another game! It was way more collaborative for me and Scott than just being contracted to do the artwork. I loved working with these guys!

-Blake

#48 7 years ago

Thanks Jack! I'm a big fan of the show and last night's was great, as usual! Thanks for making the trip out to Spooky to check the game out and giving it a good reveal!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BD_Designs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dominos-pinball-live-from-spooky-pinball-on-dead-flip-818-5-centra?tu=BD_Designs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.