(Topic ID: 166446)

Domino's Pinball LIVE from Spooky Pinball on Dead Flip 8/18 @ 5 Central!

By DeadFlip

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by alveolus
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

strange-brew-1_(resized).jpg
hqdefault_(resized).jpg
DominosAD.jpg

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

Not to take anything away from Domino's but I think the real take away from the stream last night was Bug and Charlie being excited about my suggestion of MXC as a pinball theme!

I was excited too. I was secretly planning on making a homebrew machine someday. I have always loved that show.

#52 3 years ago

Thanks folks, glad you dug the feed.
We used a nicer cam for the playfield and mic setup for some sexier content.
Looks like it paid off!

#53 3 years ago

Awesome stream last night! I was able to catch most of it and it was great to be able to watch it with the kids! I'm hoping this game is playable at Expo. I think the game looks like a lot of fun! Yes and the sound and video quality was really good, which made it easier to watch.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

I ended up winning the contest.
I designed all of the cabinet artwork, the game's title treatment/logo, the apron, most of the plastics, all of the inserts, text treatments, & ornamentation on the playfield and on the alternate translite (to be revealed soon), and the flyers/marketing collateral shown at TPF and the Domino's Las Vegas Rally. I also collaborated on the modes, objectives, & rules as well as the animations. Scott, Adam and I worked very closely on developing the look and feel of the game and the 3 of us came up with the concepts for the 2 translites.
Scott busted his ass (actually everyone did) on the translite and playfield artworks and the effort really shows! He hit a grand slam with them!!
But this game is Adam's baby and he had some truly fantastic ideas about the potential for the game before we ever started. He knew how to make the game much deeper than simply just about making or delivering pizzas. There are a ton of animations, modes, callouts, etc. that weren't unlocked during the stream last night. I think everyone will get a kick out of them when they eventually see them. The wizard modes and Battle the Noid modes are great!
And keep in mind that everything seen last night was only developed between January and now. All we had at the beginning of the year were some rough napkin sketches.
It was a really awesome experience working on this game and I wouldn't be surprised to see us team up again on another game! It was way more collaborative for me and Scott than just being contracted to do the artwork. I loved working with these guys!
-Blake

Hope you got more than a $200 gift card.

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Looks like it paid off!

Great steam last night. Really liked it! Do you have a list up of the new equipment you've been using anywhere? The new setup sounded/looked great!

#56 3 years ago

Great stream, caught most of it. Game looks fun and difficult, a good combination imo.

What were your thoughts on the center loop entering the right side and exiting the left. seems like it feed to or near SDTM frequently

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Hope you got more than a $200 gift card.

and if you didn't, don't tell Aurich.

#58 3 years ago

+1 for Strange Brew pin
hqdefault_(resized).jpgstrange-brew-1_(resized).jpg

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

+1 for Strange Brew pin

Oh god yes please!

#60 3 years ago

Thanks to Jack for streaming the game. Now I'm waiting here outside Dayton, OH for Team Spooky to hand the game off to me for some more streaming and play testing. If anyone sees Charlie, tell him to keep heading East.

Thanks to Blake and Scott for killing it on the artwork. Wait until you folks see the alternate translite that may be on its way to me right now. I'll try and post some pics of it tomorrow. I like the standard one but the alternate is so cool.

I did notice the SDTM from the loop on occasion and we will look into this cause.

One final thing, not all the animations, music and voice work made it in as Fawzma was flat out on the code but I cannot wait until people see the work David V. Has done on the animations. Very cool stuff.

Later,

Adam

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Thanks to Jack for streaming the game. Now I'm waiting here outside Dayton, OH for Team Spooky to hand the game off to me for some more streaming and play testing. If anyone sees Charlie, tell him to keep heading East.
Thanks to Blake and Scott for killing it on the artwork. Wait until you folks see the alternate translite that may be on its way to me right now. I'll try and post some pics of it tomorrow. I like the standard one but the alternate is so cool.
I did notice the SDTM from the loop on occasion and we will look into this cause.
One final thing, not all the animations, music and voice work made it in as Fawzma was flat out on the code but I cannot wait until people see the work David V. Has done on the animations. Very cool stuff.
Later,
Adam

Heck yeah. Rad team making a rad game!

#62 3 years ago

Thanks for the shout out Adam and I am super proud to be apart of spooky/Dominos team. I think it is safe to say only about 40% ish of the animations were seen last night, they just need to drink more to play better

Jack, never stop streaming pinball to the world.

Quoted from adamgacek:

Later,
Adam

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

Jack, never stop streaming pinball to the world.

*heart*

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Looks like it paid off!

What model camera was on the PF? You could tell that it handled pinball playfield motion very well.

Quoted from adamgacek:

Later,
Adam

I saw the inner loop drains happening at times. Hope those are ironed out because that's too good of a shot setup.

#65 3 years ago

Thanks for the stream! Game looks like fun!

One suggestion:
I think it would be helpful if there were a more urgent-sounding sound effect as well as some lighting cues when the ball is getting kicked out of the left scoop. As it is it seems to kick out unexpectedly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orchard Park, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
San Mateo, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
San Mateo, CA
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 72.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 218.00
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside