(Topic ID: 166446)

Domino's Pinball LIVE from Spooky Pinball on Dead Flip 8/18 @ 5 Central!

By DeadFlip

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by alveolus
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

strange-brew-1_(resized).jpg
hqdefault_(resized).jpg
DominosAD.jpg
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Tune in this Thursday, as we venture back out to Spooky Pinball for another awesome "Live Gameplay" reveal!

We battle the Spooky crew on their newest machine, "Domino's Spectacular Pinball Adventure"!

Hot off the presses, we'll take questions from the chat, and do our best to explore the game itself by playing it against the folks building it!

See you folks soon!
-Jack

5PM CST
Twitch.tv/Dead_Flip

DominosAD.jpgDominosAD.jpg

#3 7 years ago

you should drop through Madison on your way and battle on some of the other fun games we have on route.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you should drop through Madison on your way and battle on some of the other fun games we have on route.

Oh baby! Perhaps!

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Oh baby! Perhaps!

LMK in advance and I can meet you wherever you want to play whatever. www.madisonpinball.com for game list

#6 7 years ago

We have also upgraded parts of our gear to make for a VERY improved quality video both live and for watching later on YouTube.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

LMK in advance and I can meet you wherever you want to play whatever. http://www.madisonpinball.com for game list

Dang, that's a solid lineup of pins!
How early are they open?

The drive to spooky is 3+hours for me.

#8 7 years ago

nice...looking forward to it!

#9 7 years ago

Awesomeness

#10 7 years ago

Can I come?

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Dang, that's a solid lineup of pins!
How early are they open?
The drive to spooky is 3+hours for me.

depends on which of the 3 spots you want to go check out.

Schwoegs ~11
Pooleys ~11
Alt ~3 on Thursday

#12 7 years ago

TWO MORE DAYS! I'm actually mega hyped on this.

#13 7 years ago

Looking to be the best Spooky made game yet.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

TWO MORE DAYS! I'm actually mega hyped on this.

you coming early to battle?

We could probably swing by Ben Hecks shop to work on AMH code if you want

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you coming early to battle?
We could probably swing by Ben Hecks shop to work on AMH code if you want

Ha,
Still up in the air about timing.
Getting to spooky on time is priority one, and I have work to wrap up that morning.
I'll keep you updated!

#16 7 years ago

Will you be eating pizza while doing this? I would like to suggest you get a stack of dominos pizzas and be fed them the entire time you play.

#17 7 years ago

I really like the layout of the game.

#18 7 years ago

I want a Hilton v Jack battle live stream
give the people what they want!

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Will you be eating pizza while doing this? I would like to suggest you get a stack of dominos pizzas and be fed them the entire time you play.

Fingers crossed!

#20 7 years ago

"pizza feeding rig" comes to mind.

#21 7 years ago

I cannot do anything about getting someone (Charlie) to feed Jack during the stream but I can confirm that there will be pizza from Domino's for all to enjoy. The store in Platteville is calling in their special driver to make the delivery.

Looking forward to seeing the final game with all the new call outs, animations and rules.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

I cannot do anything about getting someone (Charlie) to feed Jack during the stream but I can confirm that there will be pizza from Domino's for all to enjoy. The store in Platteville is calling in their special driver to make the delivery.
Looking forward to seeing the final game with all the new call outs, animations and rules.

SO PUMPED!!!!

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

The store in Platteville is calling in their special driver to make the delivery.

Dude better be jacked to match the playfield!

#24 7 years ago

Going to try to get home a little early always like to see a new game revealed. Thanks

#25 7 years ago

Tomorrow!!!

#26 7 years ago

Pepperoni Multi-Ball!

#27 7 years ago

I swear if that lock down bar isnt as slick as a stripper pole with pizza grease by the time you are done, we WILL riot.

#28 7 years ago

Today's the day, folks!
Let's get driving!
See you soon!!

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Today's the day, folks!
Let's get driving!
See you soon!!

Thank you for doing this Jack. It's such a great way to reveal/showcase a game.

#30 7 years ago

Are you going to be cosplaying as a Domino's delivery guy? You need the red and blue shirt and hat.

#31 7 years ago

Pizza party? I'll send some Papa John's.

Always fun to watch these lives streams of new games! Keep up the good work!

#32 7 years ago

Banked enough hours to get home just in time for the stream.

#33 7 years ago

Looking forward to this, and the Bro one as well.

#34 7 years ago

got home a little late but beer in hand and logging in

#35 7 years ago

Nicely done. Looks like a game with plenty to do, but hard enough that you won't see it all until you put some serious time on it. Good blend IMO.

#36 7 years ago

Great stream. They answered a lot of questions and the game looks great. I just wish the players were better.

#37 7 years ago

I enjoyed watching! It was great that we could clearly hear the pinball sounds over everything else.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Thank you for doing this Jack. It's such a great way to reveal/showcase a game.

Thanks! Holy crap that was fun.

#40 7 years ago

YouTube link coming soon. Gotta get home first.

#41 7 years ago

Only watched for 30 mins or so, so not sure if someone already mentioned it, but... there are one too many zeros in that skill shot reward!

#42 7 years ago

This pin has the best art of the 3 theyve made so far.

#43 7 years ago

So who ended up winning the $200 of pizza? And what part of the design was theirs?

#44 7 years ago

It was a very good showing. Congrats to Spooky Pinball for making a fun looking game. I hope to play one at the Houston Arcade Expo in November.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

So who ended up winning the $200 of pizza? And what part of the design was theirs?

I ended up winning the contest.

I designed all of the cabinet artwork, the game's title treatment/logo, the apron, most of the plastics, all of the inserts, text treatments, & ornamentation on the playfield and on the alternate translite (to be revealed soon), and the flyers/marketing collateral shown at TPF and the Domino's Las Vegas Rally. I also collaborated on the modes, objectives, & rules as well as the animations. Scott, Adam and I worked very closely on developing the look and feel of the game and the 3 of us came up with the concepts for the 2 translites.

Scott busted his ass (actually everyone did) on the translite and playfield artworks and the effort really shows! He hit a grand slam with them!!

But this game is Adam's baby and he had some truly fantastic ideas about the potential for the game before we ever started. He knew how to make the game much deeper than simply just about making or delivering pizzas. There are a ton of animations, modes, callouts, etc. that weren't unlocked during the stream last night. I think everyone will get a kick out of them when they eventually see them. The wizard modes and Battle the Noid modes are great!

And keep in mind that everything seen last night was only developed between January and now. All we had at the beginning of the year were some rough napkin sketches.

It was a really awesome experience working on this game and I wouldn't be surprised to see us team up again on another game! It was way more collaborative for me and Scott than just being contracted to do the artwork. I loved working with these guys!

-Blake

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

I ended up winning the contest.
I designed all of the cabinet artwork, the game's title treatment/logo, the apron, most of the plastics, all of the inserts, text treatments, & ornamentation on the playfield and on the alternate translite (to be revealed soon), and the flyers/marketing collateral shown at TPF and the Domino's Las Vegas Rally. I also collaborated on the modes, objectives, & rules as well as the animations. Scott, Adam and I worked very closely on developing the look and feel of the game and the 3 of us came up with the concepts for the 2 translites.
Scott busted his ass (actually everyone did) on the translite and playfield artworks and the effort really shows! He hit a grand slam with them!!
But this game is Adam's baby and he had some truly fantastic ideas about the potential for the game before we ever started. He knew how to make the game much deeper than simply just about making or delivering pizzas. There are a ton of animations, modes, callouts, etc. that weren't unlocked during the stream last night. I think everyone will get a kick out of them when they eventually see them. The wizard modes and Battle the Noid modes are great!
And keep in mind that everything seen last night was only developed between January and now. All we had at the beginning of the year were some rough napkin sketches.
It was a really awesome experience working on this game and I wouldn't be surprised to us team up again on another game! It was way more collaborative for me and Scott than just being contracted to do the artwork. I loved working with these guys!
-Blake

Awesome! It looks and plays great! Congrats!

#47 7 years ago

Here is the YouTube upload of last nights show!
Give it a min to upload, and higher quality versions will become available as the day goes on!

Thank you all for tuning in, it's always a blast hanging with Spooky!

#48 7 years ago

Thanks Jack! I'm a big fan of the show and last night's was great, as usual! Thanks for making the trip out to Spooky to check the game out and giving it a good reveal!

#49 7 years ago

Thanks for doing this. It was a great feed, nice to see Domino's in action. Looked like a fun machine from Spooky.

#50 7 years ago

Not to take anything away from Domino's but I think the real take away from the stream last night was Bug and Charlie being excited about my suggestion of MXC as a pinball theme!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dominos-pinball-live-from-spooky-pinball-on-dead-flip-818-5-centra and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.