0Domino-Work-03 (resized).jpg
0Domino-Work-02 (resized).jpg
_12 (resized).jpg
_11 (resized).jpg
_5 (resized).jpg
_2 (resized).jpg
_3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago

Hi Peruman
here http://user.xmission.com/~daina/tips/pub/emTips.html are some Start-Up sequences. You mention "at end the Control-Bank resets - the playfield gets light for a split second" --- watch the Control-Bank when resetting - question: Does the TB-Tilt-Relay (mounted in the Control-Bank) actuate / plunge ? Also watch the R-30Volt-Hold-Relay at start-up - Does it pull-in and stays pulling ? Greetings Rolf

#5 3 years ago

Hi Alberto
my question was " ... then the Control-Bank is resetted" AND NOW does the TB-Tilt-Relay actuate ? See the JPG - in the wiring to the playfield-lights there is only ONE switch - a switch on the TB-Tilt-Relay. So my working hypothesis is: The Control-Bank does reset therefore the TB-Relay-Switch is moved to let current flow to the playfield-lights - but then the TB-Relay faulty actuates and the TB-Relay-Switch moved cuts the power to the playfield lights.
Please look again - does the TB-Tilt-Relay (faulty) actuates just after the Control-Bank is resetted ? Greetings Rolf

0Domino-Work-02 (resized).jpg0Domino-Work-02 (resized).jpg
#7 3 years ago

Hi Alberto
sorry for late writing --- hmm, I am not so good in fixing old ONE-Player-Pins (into Switzerland they usually imported Four-Player-Pins). Good, You could fix the Tilt-Switch problem.
The actual fault - the Score-Motor runs and runs --- HowardR shows in post-2 a snippet of the schematics - we see the symbol of the motor and we see all switches that make the motor to run. Question - when You toggle-on the pin: Does the motor runs and runs ? (The motor is allowed to run a bit but the most is a third of a revolution - then the motor must stop.) (((This question I ask because of Motor-1C-Switch)))
Question - when the pin comes to the fault "motor runs endlessly" - see the schematics in post-2 --- W-, Y-, O-, U-, S-, V-, X-Relay-Switches - question: Is one of the mentioned relays pulling, pulling, pulling (actuated all the time) ? Greetings Rolf

2 weeks later
#10 3 years ago

Hi Alberto
my brain / memory suffered in summer 2018 - if I do not answer right away - I simply forget. I read Your post-9 - had a quick look at the schematics, had problems understanding - said "must have a closer look / brood over the schematics" - then forgot ...
I already said "I am not good in ONE-Player-Pins". My first question is "does Your pin runs and Your question is just curiosity" ? Second question - see the JPG: Are You talking about "my blue-1 Switch(es)" or about "my blue-2 Switch(es)" ?

Fellow pinsiders - can You enlighten me - explain the functionality of DB-Reset-Relay (sitting in the Control-Bank) ? (((I assume the schematics is drawn "A new game has been started, stuff is resetted - then the the pin is toggled off"))) Greetings Rolf
P.S.: I sqeezed a bit the stuff / drawing when I made the JPG

0Domino-Work-03 (resized).jpg0Domino-Work-03 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/domino-startup-sequence?tu=rolf_martin_062 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.