Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Boatcat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Sprockets.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Hi guys, I may have an opportunity to buy both of these games but realistically can only accommodate one. Which of these two is generally considered a better player? More desirable? Assuming the condition of both are relatively similar.

#2 4 years ago

Both good games but I like Domino over Central Park as it as I like the Gameplay and Layout a bit better with more direct shots. Can't go wrong with either IMO, but If you get the Central Park folks will comment about your Monkey and may even want to touch it!

Ken

Sprockets.jpg

#3 4 years ago

CP by a landslide. CP is a real nudger. If you don't like nudging then this is not the game for you. The rubber rings have to be new and bouncy fresh at all times. I miss my CP already. I only traded mine off because the game I am getting in return was one of three holy grail pins for me.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Hi guys, I may have an opportunity to buy both of these games but realistically can only accommodate one. Which of these two is generally considered a better player? More desirable? Assuming the condition of both are relatively similar.

Very different games and they certainly compliment each other if you could work it out for both. I've owned Domino and logged time on a friend's Central Park.

Domino is fun with the nice combination of roto-target, open playfield, long shots to the kick-outs etc. and a theme people intuitively understand - advancing the dominoes - inviting and great for guests.

Central Park can be incredibly frustrating and often not all that much fun imo. It's not even that I mind tough nudging games (e.g. love Bowling Queen, Sittin' Pretty, Universe etc.) but CP is a love/hate. I'm sure you'll find others who may prefer CP because it's more challenging. I could see it also being rated higher in artwork although I personally prefer Domino in that area as well.

Just log some time (an hour if possible) on both to insure you get the game *you* enjoy most - that's what matters. Good luck!

#5 4 years ago

both good but you can get domino for dirt cheap

#6 4 years ago

my 2c

I would take the Domino over the central park, I hate the out lanes on CP, the game play is somewhat slow and predictable and it is kind of boring to me, the only redeeming quality of CP is the bell ringing monkey.

Domino has much more to offer as you can see, the kick out holes, the roto-target and all of those stand up targets, this game will require your best nudging skills and can sometimes be a drain monster but IMO the Domino is a far better choice.

You asked..........

Brian Lenker

#7 4 years ago

I have both games in my collection and have played them on route back in the 1960's. They are both great games but have different playfields and game play.

CP is one of the more challenging players in my collection and will put your nudging/shaking skills to the test constantly. When you get a great game on CP park you earned it and i need that in a game when i really what to compete hard against the machine.

Domino isn't easy to beat by special or score either and making it around the domino does'nt happen to often,but for me is more of a fun player. I like shooting for the roto spin targets and the kick out holes which are a favorite of mine and are neat too the way they throw the ball back into the 4 pop bumper arrangement.

You really can't go wrong with either game,but should play both if possible beforehand if you only can squeeze one more game into your limited space.

Most times it comes down to a personal liking when choosing one wedgehead over another.....which sometimes are separated by a fine line.

#8 4 years ago

Central Park over Domino - if Central Park is restored properly and playfield pitch is set right it's a good player. Plus, the backglass animation with the monkey is a bonus with this game. Good nudging skills help too.

#9 4 years ago

I guess it depends on what you want to focus on, nudging or shooting.

I'm not a fan of CP as IMO the bottom is a drain-fest with 6 outlanes, an oversized middle island and flippers set too far apart to work enough game defining skill shots together. You're too busy just keeping the ball alive. Smack in the middle features twin targets that don't mean much of anything until lit for special. The top half of the playfield offers a lot of action, but getting the ball back there can be tough with that intrusive center target config. I think it's hype is all about the graphics which are exceptional, featuring animation that appears functional.

Domino has a more conventional playfield bottom with roto and target shots, also featuring some nice action up top.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
€ 6.50
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Boards
PCB Emporium
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
Hobbit Black Arrow Out of stock
Operation Pinball
$ 35.95
Playfield - Other
MicksPinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 10.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
$ 64.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside