skate4.jpg
skate3.jpg
skate2.jpg
skate1.jpg
003.JPG
pinballskatepark.jpg
Skate-Pinball-003.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I have a pro lined up to do a first one for art . It's not a big name pinball artist. Since CPR seems dead on their plans, I will offer my own for 2014. I do have a playfield. Would be new playfield, back glass, & cabinet art. Price would be $1K, + shipping.

If interested stay tuned & see how it moves along towards the end of 2013.

#2 10 years ago

What's the theme?

Or is it still Dolly, but with new hair?

#3 10 years ago

The theme is going to be Skate Boarding. Something I did back in the 70's when I was young & stupid, living on a steep hill. Now there are pro skate board parks at 2 of the city pools I work at. It's going to be family friendly, & still have sex appeal. There are girls that are into boarding, so its a good theme. Hopefully have it ready for Expo, where I will be doing a seminar on my glass & playfield production.

#4 10 years ago

Did you ever see the giant pinball skate park that Mountiandew built?

Skate-Pinball-003.jpgSkate-Pinball-003.jpg

#5 10 years ago

pinballskatepark.jpgpinballskatepark.jpg

#6 10 years ago

No but I remember seeing custom plywood half pikes in a driveway & a big indoor one on the stage at the school on my street. Seen some big ones on tv, for competition.

#9 10 years ago

People will be surprised at how fast custom projects can be done in 100 days! The plywood is already at the printer for cnc work (Star Gazer & Seawitch playfields). Light lenses from Marco Specialties are already on their way for these, & I have a bunch from PBR.

#10 10 years ago

"SKATE BOARDS" will be the conversion title which works with Dolly Parton. The playfield will be the same layout & rule set. My donor playfield goes to the artist this week for him to do playfield art first.

If anyone has any suggestions you can post it here.

003.JPG003.JPG

#11 10 years ago

Awesome! I am looking forward to watching your project unfold!
Good luck!

#12 10 years ago

To save on costs the Bally Skateball caps & targets will be used. The artist will put the value before the target on the playfield. Probably be making new plastics as well, & the target bank will be open for cleaning (not a huge plastic).

If someone in Canada has a Dolly Parton project they want to sell. You can contact me, might be looking for a few of them.

1 week later
#13 10 years ago

The playfield art is almost finished. It's a skate boarding theme, but different. I will go with the artist's version. When it's ready I will post it.

#14 10 years ago

I forgot to update it would be available this Fall 2013. I believe the new conversion title will be called "Skate".

#15 10 years ago

This is what pinball is all about......

#16 10 years ago

Looking forward to seeing it!

#17 10 years ago

Looking for more playfield conversion ideas on Bally pins 1978 - 1982. Let us know what title you would like changed.

#18 10 years ago

Glad someone's retheming Dolly!!!!

#19 10 years ago

Here are pictures: Skateboarding theme finished, & he is working on alternate space theme.

skate1.jpgskate1.jpg skate2.jpgskate2.jpg skate3.jpgskate3.jpg skate4.jpgskate4.jpg space1.jpgspace1.jpg space2.jpgspace2.jpg

#20 10 years ago

thats awesome

#22 10 years ago

your Skate playfield looks great John...., well done

As for an idea....

I have been wanting to do a Skateball conversion to a Surf Themed pin, as have a few beaten up Skateball Playfields. .... I will be straight in and have some sketches for graphic ideas, insert colour ideas and insert naming etc, but graphics is not my skill.

Though reckon a Drew Brophy art style would be very cool
http://drewbrophy.com/portfolio/surf-art/

I can give you a head start with a donor playfield and CAD drawing 3/4 done.

screen-capture-7.pngscreen-capture-7.png

#23 10 years ago

I like the space one, but the girl's tits are cut off!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

That seems.............................bad.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

they could be enhanced 3D on the plastic with a flasher underneath

#26 10 years ago

I will ask about Skateball.

#27 10 years ago

"they could be enhanced 3D on the plastic with a flasher underneath "

BAM! Nicely played, sir. LOL.

#28 10 years ago

Pinball and artwork with girls with big tits always go together.

1 month later
#29 10 years ago

I have 2 Dolly Parton projects coming in for myself. The back glass art is close to being finished. The sign shop that will be doing my cnc work, has the same laser as CPR. So they will be cutting the plastics there.

#30 10 years ago

She said "man holes." Heh-heh...heh...heh...heh-heh...

#31 10 years ago

Will the sound be different?
Or still "Here you come again"
Cool project

#32 10 years ago

Pretty cool conversion. Dolly has been used for other conversion in the past.

Look forward to seeing your final video in action.

#33 10 years ago

Looks great, the only thing I would have done is stuck with the era of the original machine and gone with an older era of skateboarding like when the first wave of concrete parks exsisted. You know tiny trucks, short shorts, narrow boards, snake runs, and pools.

#34 10 years ago

I have a beat Dolly. Interested in this!

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Will the sound be different?
Or still "Here you come again"
Cool project

i'd like to know that too.

#37 10 years ago

I'm hoping that someone will come in down the road with a new sound board for the Bally pins. So for the time being original sounds will be used. As to the art I have very few people who work on projects so that is what gets done & to their version or interests.

#38 10 years ago

The early sound board is pin by pin compatible with 2nd generation bally sound boards like seen in silverball mania, future spa, and more. Same mounting holes too. If the solenoid / sound triggers got worked out could use that 2nd gen sound board with a sound ROM that has good sound effects.

#39 10 years ago

No criticism meant, it looks great.
I love skateboards and pins so it all works out.
Love the manhole idea, any ideas about trying to get some wheels or bearings on the bumpers or anywhere?
I'm sure you could get some of the better looking tech deck toys to throw under the glass
I have been toying with the idea of a retheme myself.
Now if I could just find a cheap Radical! near st. louis.

#40 10 years ago

Very nice !!
However, the Lost Vegas thema was , for me, more facinating.

But both tumbs up for your and the designers work !

#41 10 years ago

And CPR will most likely still do theirs. Just the first of many Bally re themes we will hopefully do.

5 months later
#42 10 years ago

Looks like CPR plans are dead. I'm looking to pinball expo 2014 to show Skate & Sin City conversions, & 3rd option too if I find another donor pin for conversion.

#43 10 years ago

Curious about the sin city conversion... still have a dolly waiting for this!

#44 10 years ago

Any more info on the "Skate" conversion? Has the backglass been drawn up yet? Thanks,
--Scott

#45 10 years ago

I have a page ad coming with the new pinball book being put out by Pinball Magazine.

2 months later
#46 9 years ago

The ad showing what's going on is with the new pinball book. Conversion production takes place this summer. 2 pins for play at Expo.

#47 9 years ago

Love what you're doing here!

I'm really interested if anyone is moving forward with plans to redo the sound board for their early Bally machine. I have a Skateball that I LOVE but would be super excited to add a richer music soundtrack to it with a variety of sounds throughout the playfield.

#48 9 years ago

I think the first one looks really cool.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cleveland, TN
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dolly-parton-conversion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.