(Topic ID: 290788)

Doing a Custom TAFG rom to allow me to use an opto based trough

By Pinball_Hawk

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball_Hawk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I have downloaded a The Addams Family Gold (Special Collectors Edition) ROM from the internet, and trying to understand the code of the game in order to allow myself to make custom modifications to the ROM that would allow me to do things that add depth to the Addams family gold, including some balancing of the current rule set. any help? this would be a ROM id consider allowing a much cooler, and more maintenance free machine once the build is underway. plan on trying to also make it so that the trough style is detected by the games code, so that its universal.

#2 3 years ago

Scrolling through the code, it looks like there may be some dormant code for an opto based trough.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Some WPC info here:
http://www.maddes.net/
Opto troughs aren't maintenance free, some would argue that the old microswitch/leaf switch types are more reliable.
This will end up being a very large-ish project should you get into it. You might also look into FreeWPC if you want to recode from scratch, which might end up being easier.
http://bcd.github.io/freewpc/
If you just wanted the opto trough doing an inverter for the normally closed optos vs. the normally open micros might be a way to go.

i was gonna not completley rewrite the code, just try and do some modifications.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

It's a lot of work either disassembling the original code or rewriting. Of course depends a lot on what you are changing.

i want to make it be defaulted free play, special be extra ball, replay be extra ball.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Get rid of cousin it's hideout also. It's ridiculous.

if i do release a version, ill make the hideout possibly findable as a bonus in the search for something, should definitley make it more balanced. im not gonna shave it off, im gonna make it more reasonable.

#9 3 years ago

ill ptobasbly not realase my version thpough. i may explain how to do it, so that i dont break the agreement.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 1,159.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,159.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

30,000 (OBO)
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball_Hawk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doing-a-custom-tafg-rom-to-allow-me-to-use-an-opto-based-trough-?tu=Pinball_Hawk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.