pasted_image (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_140129112 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240411_134922266 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240410_111848243 (resized).jpg
20231112_174813.jpg
IMG_4680 (resized).jpg
IMG_7562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7563 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#761 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Rosie and Daisy.

Love your Bassett Hounds Art! I just lost my best friend Buddy the Bassett last week and it has crushed me and my GF. I had him 8 years and took him in as a stray. He was badly injured when I found him, I think he had been hit by a car. Our lives will never be the same without him, he was about 14 years old they think....best dog ever.

R.I.P. Buddy

#765 6 years ago

Thanks guys, it was honestly the worst night of my life. If I could have given my life in return for him to have another full life I swear that I would have. Sounds crazy I know but I loved him more than anything.

#768 6 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Be happy in knowing you gave him the best life ever. You are not alone with these thoughts, we have all been through this shit.
Be strong and start a new furry chapter (when you are ready ) All the best Dude

Thanks oldskool. We are going to take a couple of well deserved vacations and then maybe look for another dog. We are in no hurry as of right now because dogs are a huge commitment as you know and we are also going to be grieving the loss of the one we had for awhile yet. There was actually one on Craigslist that a friend found for us that honestly would have been perfect for us that needed a good home but we just aren't ready yet. It sure is lonely at home without him though that's for sure.

#774 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Is she a Lab? She's gorgeous
We lost out black lab named Maggie last August (RIP)

Sorry for your loss, Labs are awesome!

#776 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I understand how you feel. I love my guy to death. I will get out of the chair and let him have it or go sit on the floor by his bed when we are watching TV. He sleeps with me and needs to be right next to me with covers. I'm thinking with dogs we have to have the mindset that its better to cry when they are gone than to never have experienced them in the first place. Sometimes I say I wish I had never brought him home because I will be so heart broken when he is gone but the happiness he brings me is beyond measure and I can't imagine my life without him. Ill just love him as long as I can. I'm sorry you lost your friend.

Thank you ZR. It's amazing how attached that people can get to their animals and how some people are like.....relax man it's just a dog. Well Buddy was much more than just a dog to us, he was a huge part of our life. What makes matters worse is Buddy's life was taken from us early because we got TERRIBLE medical advice I found out 4 days later from the 24hour emergency medical clinic near me..........thanks MED VETS OF DAYTON OHIO.........FUCKIN A$$HOLES!!! All they wanted was my money and didn't care about my dog at all.

I don't want to go into full detail but just so you guys know in case it happens to you, when a dog has blood in his stool it may not be anything serious and can be quite normal and is probably just colitis , especially if he has an upset stomach. Buddy was very old and wouldn't have been with us much longer no matter what, but I am having a really rough time knowing that he was put to sleep because of a terrible vet that didn't know what she was doing and a greedy animal hospital that just wanted every dollar that they could squeeze out of me trying to make me think it was something extremely serious and just wanting to do all kinds of tests on him when they KNEW it was likely not serious.

I was 7 hours away from my regular Vet being open at 8am Monday morning when I made the terrible decision to put Buddy to sleep and they never one time told me...."hey it's possible that maybe this is nothing serious and just colitis, maybe you should take him to your Vet in the morning." I told them several times that I didn't want to put him to sleep unless it was absolutely necessary, but I didn't want to see him suffer either. Buddy was dehydrated and feeling awful due to really bad diarrhea and being on steroids due to a herniated disc in his neck. My Vet was just sick over what happened and said "unfortunately this is not the first conversation that I have had like this about Med Vets of Dayton Ohio." Sorry for the rant but and I really was going to try to avoid telling all of this but I figured maybe if I share my story and it saves just one animals life that it is worth it and maybe it will give some meaning to Buddy's life being needlessly taken from him early. I could accept Buddy's death if he would have died of old age or disease, but I am having a real hard time accepting how he had to leave us and I will be beating myself up over it until the day that I die. If this would have not happened on the weekend and he could have seen his regular Vet, Buddy would be laying on his couch and still be with us right now. What a shame .......

IMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPG

#778 6 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to post all of that Alimerick, it actually helps me a little. Sorry to hear about your old dog and thanks for helping your new friend out so much, very nice if you! There is nothing more special than rescuing an animal and giving it the great life that it deserves. If your dog could talk, I'm sure he would be thanking you over and over a million times!

#781 6 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

And thank you for adopting - thank you so much for saving his life!
My wife is on the board of a non-profit foster-only (no central facility) pit bull rescue out of Pennsylvania, and the need for fosters is something we face every day. The number of dogs that are euthanized every day in shelters is staggering and heartbreaking.

Amen Blackjacker....well said!

#782 6 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

And thank you for adopting - thank you so much for saving his life!
My wife is on the board of a non-profit foster-only (no central facility) pit bull rescue out of Pennsylvania, and the need for fosters is something we face every day. The number of dogs that are euthanized every day in shelters is staggering and heartbreaking.

Chuck and his wife are great dog owners. His dogs are very fortunate believe me!

#789 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

As you scroll this thread. It is impossible not to notice how awesome dogs are.
Seriously.
I cannot wait to get one. I just need a little more time getting better. I think Christmas.

A dog can help a person get through rough times. As long as you can be there to let them out and spend time with them, there is no downside to having a dog. For a peron that works alot and lives by themselves though, having a dog is just out of the question. They definitely require a lot of time and attention.

#790 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Dogs pinball girls and rock and roll. The best things in life.

Nailed it!

#792 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I am without a doubt getting a dog. I never have owned one. But I grew up around pit bulls. My dog will be a pitbull likely.
I am recovering from a stroke and three brain surgeries. But I have no yard. And I can't walk. I have a chair and walker right now.
Eventually. I will be walking, fully. It could be another year though.
I know a dog would help a lot right now. But I have to use my head I guess. I feel like a good home is coming for a dog, but not here yet. California real estate. Ug.
But my new dog. I am really looking forward to it. I'm thinking spring.
Patience. My new virtue.

Yes definitely use your head and be patient, you will know when the time is right. A pit bull may be a little hard to handle and they probably need more exercise than a smaller dog but that is up to you. I really want another Bassett Hound but who knows what I will end up with.

I want to rescue a dog that needs a good home instead of getting a puppy so it's hard telling what I may end up with. They say that when you go to the animal shelter that the dog will pick you instead of you picking the dog. I know people that has went to the shelter looking for a bigger dog like a Lab and ended up falling in love with a little poodle or something that they just connected with for some odd reason. All dogs are good.

Good luck on your recovery and I hope you get a dog soon. I'm sure that you will make a great dog owner.

#795 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

That's a good idea, though, just going to the shelter and letting it happen.

It is the best thing that you could ever do in my opinion because those dogs are in bad need of a good home and if I'm not mistaken they will be euthanized at some point if they can't be placed in a home. Also the feeling of knowing that you saved a dogs life makes the bond that you will have with him or her a million times greater than just going and buying a puppy IMO.

I never had a dog until I was 40. There was a beautiful black lab running the neighborhood for 6 months eating out of trash cans and she was afraid of people. We were feeding her but she would never let us close to her. The dog catcher helped me catch her in a cage and it was obvious that she had been abused badly by someone. That dog turned out to be absolutely the best dog that i have ever been around. She was approximately 10 when we found her and she unfortunately had to be put to sleep for hip displashia at 15. She gave me the best 5 years of my life for real.

My 2nd dog was when we found Buddy the Bassett Hound injured badly laying under a tree. I think he had been hit by a car probably because he couldn't walk. The vet said that he had not been properly taken care of due to his grooming and terrible teeth and an unbelievably bad double ear infection. He also had a few suspicious burns on him that appeared to be cigarette burns possibly. No way I could turn my back on him so I took him to the vet and he had a neck injury. We doctored him up and got 8 wonderful years with him.

The bond I had with those two dogs was so strong that it is unbelievable. I think the reason it was so strong was because of knowing that i probably saved their lives and made the remaining years of their lives really really good. It's a very special feeling knowing that you have helped an animal so much. Sorry for the long post but this stuff is important to me because I hopefully can help other animals by sharing my stories with other people.

#796 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I'm never going to be able to wait until next year though. Today would be good.

I hope you can get one soon. My only advice is to get a dog that you can physically handle because you don't want a dog pulling you around or jumping on you and knocking you down and stuff. Just something to think about.

#804 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Lost both my Danes within 2 months. 1 suddenly bloated and the other hurt both his legs to the point of not being able to stand up any more. The one with the leg issue was 10 and the vet and I didn't think there was a point to let him suffer with the pain. Just a awful time. I still get sick thinking about losing my best friends in the world. Worse part of animal ownership. Too many times to count for my wife and I. I miss them all so much.

Sorry to hear about your dogs, that really sucks and they were beautiful. I love Great Danes. Isn't their life expectancy kind of short, like 8 years or so?

#812 6 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

My Mom has cancer. Doctor gave her 2-6 months to live ... but here we are 10 months later. She claimed to be never much of a dog person, but since moving in with us after learning of the bad news my boys (Oscar on the left, Dexter on the right) have been very close to her. She finds comfort in their company, talks to them like a loving mother, and takes time to chill with them on our patio. My little friends don't know how much joy they bring to our lives. I am so very grateful.

So sorry to hear about your mother......so sad. I honestly believe that Oscar and Dexter will make her life better and you never know, those two dogs may make her keep hanging in there also. Prayers go out to your mother and your family.

1 month later
#825 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I'm not sure I mentioned this I had a stroke be three brain surgeries in the last year and a half. Health getting better but I should have died. There must be some reason I'm alive.
I'm finding it.
Anyways I want a pitbull but I have to wait to get anything. Still in a wheelchair and renting. No back yard. Difficult mobility.
I want to get a dog for the first time but I have to wait. Probably until next year. Maybe I will get one for Christmas. I hope.

That would be an awesome Christmas present. I hope you get a dog real soon.

#840 6 years ago

Wow, I feel for you guys that just lost your dogs, it's terrible. It's been around two months since I lost my dog and I swear I am still just devastated over it and I don't think it's ever going to get better. I can honestly say that losing Buddy is the worst thing that has ever happened to me in my life.

1 month later
#941 6 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Emma Jean passed away this morning. She loved going for rides and to the Ann Arbor Pinball Museum.

So sorry Bob.....so sad.

2 weeks later
#966 6 years ago
Quoted from McPin54:

This is our 3rd dog. We always rescue from the pound. It seems every dog in there these days is a pit mix. Been a great dog so far, especially with my two young girls!
But having a tuff time with Home owners association pass'n this one off as a dalmatian. All good though.

I have been going to the pound also trying to find a dog and I noticed a abnormally large number of pit bull mixes. I'm kinda surprised by that because I didn't think that there were very many Pitt bulls around.

3 weeks later
#1023 6 years ago

Mine tried to sleep on my bed. I woke the little(40kg) turd up

Looks like a good sleeping partner there old skool. Beautiful dog you have there!

1 week later
#1025 6 years ago

I've been dog proofing the house and getting ready for Tuesday. We adopted a beautiful 3-4 year old Basset Hound! The wait is killing us!

#1027 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Go Bassets! Congratulations!
(We need a college team, like "Notre Dame Basset Hounds!")

Yes they are cool. Just gotta keep them ears clean once a week and do not let them over eat because they can die from bloat so easy. They are awesome dogs though. They can be stubborn B@stards though can’t they?

#1031 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Ours got into trash after thanksgiving but thankfully we threw away all the turkey bones earlier to the garage can.
Also. Here’s a slo mo video of Max showing what he does when we ask him if he wants to go for a car ride.
» YouTube video

Mad Max!

#1032 6 years ago

Well we Finally adopted a Basset Hound, he’s about 3-4 years old they think, and he was a stray that got put in the doggy jail by the dog catcher. I can’t get any good pics yet because he’s so excited to be out of the dog pound that he won’t sit still hardly lol. He’s a good boy and beautiful though. We feel very lucky to have found him......meet Jake!

11B4F177-84CD-47DF-A7B1-B51FAE8B7FFF (resized).jpeg11B4F177-84CD-47DF-A7B1-B51FAE8B7FFF (resized).jpeg

8024EF64-468B-4CC0-8928-F51B5CCBB2E7 (resized).jpeg8024EF64-468B-4CC0-8928-F51B5CCBB2E7 (resized).jpeg

#1034 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Oh, hes going to gain weight nicely!
What Joy for you and your family!

Yeah he's too skinny. He only weighs 44 pounds and you can see his ribs pretty good, so he's not been eating well. He's doing good tonight though. I fed him some dog food and then a couple hours later I cooked him a hamburger lol.

He's a great boy though. Ran him by the vet and they cut his nails and he didn't care at all, they stuck their finger up his ass to check for parasites and he didn't care, gave him two shot's and he didn't care, and I cleaned his ears just now and he didn't care about that either. He listens and minds extremely well, gets along with our cats just fine and he doesn't appear to be stubborn or have any aggressiveness in him what so ever like moat Bassets do. We have found one hell of a dog here for sure......unbelievable.

It's been a blessed day. I also think I'm going to have to go back and get Earnest the beagle probably because he loves me. I spent some more time with him today. Jake has also took to Debbie big time and won't leave her side so I may go get Earnest so I can have a dog that loves me also.

Jake is probably going to be the new dogs name but Tucker is a possibility. What do you guys like best, Jake or Tucker? Debbie can't decide. I'm staying out of it because I want her to be the one to name him.

#1037 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Basset hounds dont care about anything!
(except Stern code! )

And Food!

Which name do you like best Art, Jake or Tucker?

#1043 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

"Tucker" might sound like something else to others... For example: "GET BACK HERE, TUCKER!" might sound like you are swearing at him
Gary has a nice ring to it then you can say " I really love Gary" lol

Lol Good point, I Never Even Thought Of That. We are just gonna stick with Jake I guess.

#1044 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Nice looking dog, congrats.

Thank you Mike! We are really enjoying him so far. It's hard to live without a dog once you've had one I think.

#1045 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That other dog you were going to get, he find a forever home yet ?
LTG : )

Not yet LTG but i am keeping tabs on him and I very well may go back and get him. The biggest issue right now is my cat hates all other animals and she hasn't came out of her room since we got Jake, and Jake doesnt even bother the cats at all. He is scared of them as a matter of fact so right now I think she is stressed enough at the moment.

She will come around though once she realizes Jake is no threat to her. Earnest the Beagle on the other hand is infatuated with cats and I'm afraid that he will freak her out and she may have trouble adapting to him. There is a very good chance that I will go back for him though but I am hoping that he finds a good home other than ours instead because I have more than enough animals as it is.

#1047 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Our 10 week old Springer, Ripley! Great to have a dog again.

Beautiful dog, congrats!

#1057 6 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

Bassets are the best!
Here is Georgia
She was rescued from Ohio Basset Rescue

She is beautiful!! Did you get her from a lady named Kristy?

#1065 6 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

When we got her it was from OBHR
A woman named Eva was in charge then
I believe she has since left that organization
We have been helping Buckeye Basset Hound Rescue ever since

No Eva is still there and if I’m not mistaken, she is the one who started OBHR. She is in Cincinnati I believe but Kristy is in Michigan is the reason that I ask. Bassets are awesome, that’s all that I know!!

#1068 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Ah, anal glands. Who came up with something that is supposed to make poo smell worse?
They are supposed to empty slowly, naturally, every time your dog goes #2, imparting their custom scent marker onto it. However, for a variety of reasons for some dogs it doesn't happen and then they can also get blocked and impacted.
A big factor is diet. If the stool isn't firm enough, the glands don't get squeezed as designed. Higher quality dry food is better. Increasing the fibre can help too. I use a quarter cup of wheat germ on dinner for one of my boys every night. Some people swear by cooked pumpkin.

Speaking of dog food, what do you guys use? My last dog was on Blue Buffalo but I’ve started this guy out on Taste of the Wild. Hopefully Its a good quality food.

#1071 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I used Orijen but it was too rich so switched to Nutri Source. Same with treats. All expensive healthy stuff.

I thought about the Origen but I gotta feed myself too lol. That is expensive stuff! I think any of the holistic foods are going to be much better than the Chinese store bought crap and most of those treats are bad bad bad for sure.

#1074 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveS:

I see Ripley has a “1/2 stache” on the right side, 1 year old Maggie has one on the left.

That is one good looking dog you have there!

#1080 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you tend to get what you pay for with dog food. I also have found you either pay for good food now or pay for more medical and stress later.
We feed Acana and like it very much. You also will find you need much less volume of the good food, the dogs will be healthier/feel/act better, and bonus is that they poop less volume and it dries out quickly for easy clean up.
If you do the calculation based on how less you need to feed, I bet the expensive stuff comes out to barely more than crappy kibble that is filler and junk.
Add on the other positives and it is a no brainer to feed the good stuff IMHO.

I believe Taste of the Wild is a pretty good food probably. It gets good ratings.

#1083 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Ingredients look good. And no grain.

Yeah I think it's at least middle of the road like Blue Buffalo or something like that. Looks to be far better than any of the traditional store bought foods out of China.

#1087 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

He's not that smart, believe me...
Robert

Lol....he's probably smarter than you think he is.

#1090 6 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

3 year old italian greyhound/min pin mix. He puts up with a lot!

Just curious, did his heart check out ok?

#1100 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

And my wife took another picture of me yesterday afternoon...

I let my animals sleep with me if they want also. I can’t believe how many people frown upon this when I tell them and they just think it’s terrible to let a dog in the bed. They can think whatever they want, he’s my buddy and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

#1104 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

We used to let our dachshund (Dewey) sleep in our bed,
but since he is getting old and our new kingsize bed sits high off the ground,
he sleeps in his own dog bed close to ours.
The fear is if he jumps off the bed, he may injure his back.
Besides there is no room for him anymore what with our six cats
that do sleep on the bed with us most nights.

Understand totally. You got to be careful with a Dashounds spine for sure. Great dogs though. I have a friend that had to have spine surgeries on two dashounds, cost him a fortune. The surgeries were successful though thankfully.

#1105 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

The dogs are allowed on the bed and the couch, but only when invited. They don't generally sleep with us at night (it's way too hot unless one of us is away), but they frequently cuddle up to me when I have a nap on the couch, bed, hammock, floor, etc.

My new dog won't lay in bed long because he's young and has ants in his pants and can't sit still for over 10 seconds usually. I think he likes jumping on and off the bed more than anything.

My old dog would lay in there for hours with me, I enjoyed it truthfully.

#1107 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

» YouTube video
Still get tears every time I watch it.

Labs are the best dogs ever. The only reason that i didn't get a lab is because they shed so bad. They are my favorite dogs though hands down.

#1109 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

We used to do the dogs on the furniture thing. Decided furniture is for people now, and no more dog hair on the back of your shirt at work is working out pretty nicely
I'm always lying on the floor cuddling with the dog, but the beds and couches are off limits.

Nothing wrong with that and it also depends on what kind of furniture you have too. If you have leather furniture animals will destroy it.

#1111 6 years ago

He probably has some time left yet, he looks pretty healthy. He's a beautiful dog. When i was a kid back in the late 60's early 70's it seemed like every family had a Collie, and now you never see them at all seems like. They are such great family dogs, I'm not sure how or why that has happened.

#1113 6 years ago

Those are nice pictures and definitely pictures you want to keep forever. My neighbor when I was a kid had a Collie and she was definitely the neighborhood dog, everybody loved her. She has been dead probably 40-45 years now but I still have memories of her today just as strong as ever and I will never forget how special of a dog she was. My neighbor lady that owned her is still alive and we still talk about Bunny all if the time like she just died a year ago or something. They never got another dog after she died either because it broke their hearts so much.

#1121 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

God bless you guys with shedding dogs. I could never handle that.

I have a Basset Hound and he doesn’t shed much at all really. Labs are my favorite dogs and Basset Hounds are my second favorite probably. I actually passed on getting a Lab because they shed so bad that it’s not even funny, and I just don’t have time to clean after one the way that I work. I had a lab about 7-8 years ago and I still find her hair occasionally lol. Like Chuckwurt said, tumbleweeds!

#1131 6 years ago

Good for you and even better for the dog that is getting ready to have a great new home. Thank you!

#1136 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Seems pretty happy to be out of the pound. Those ears are majestic!

Definitely looks like a happy dog!

#1140 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Love boxers!
Whippets are fun as well....

That dog kinda looks like a Kangaroo sitting there on that couch.

1 week later
#1148 6 years ago

Did anyone get a new puppy for Christmas? Surely someone did right?

#1150 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

To be honest, hopefully not. Dogs are not gifts.

You don’t think someone giving their kids a puppy for Christmas and seeing their kids eyes light up isn’t a great gift? Sorry but I disagree totally with you on that.

#1153 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

I volunteer for a rescue group. I see the other side of dogs given as gifts. 3 months to 6 months from now we will get swamped with Christmas puppies that aren't cute any more.
Dogs are a life long commitment, not a gift.
That's not to say people can't get a dog at Christmas time, but not as a gift. The person receiving the dog must be prepared for the next 15 year commitment.

Dude you aren't telling me anything that I don't already know because I rescue animals myself. I see no problem with a good family buying their kids a dog or a cat or whatever and surprising them with it on Christmas. Im not talking about some Dumbass Hillbillies buying their kids a new puppy, I'm talking about good people that are fully aware of the commitment that a pet is. If I had a kid and i wanted to buy him a dog, trust me it would be a good thing. Not trying to be rude but i think you're being a little bit ridiculous.

#1155 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Perhaps it's a terminology thing. I think of a gift a an unexpected surprise and I don't think dogs should be an unexpected surprise.
I can see a child being granted permission to get a dog on their birthday would be super special, and I guess it depends on how it's done, but for me, the way I choose animals and owners, the date of the kid's birthday doesn't figure into the equation. If the stars aligned and the pickup was able to be when the birthday was it is truly amazing yes. eg. My father managed to convince a breeder to hang on for a couple of weeks so they could pick up on my mum's birthday which made for a fantastic story and was really great for my mum. He could've also have given her a card with a voucher for "two puppies, when we find the right ones" and that would've been great too.
I'm sure it's possible to do it responsibly, it's just unfortunately I see it go wrong more often than not. I do realise my sample is biased though because I never see the ones that work. Thank you for reminding me that they are out there. It's easy to get a bit jaded around this time of year when the council is putting down dozens and dozens of kittens because there's no where for them to go.

Well you gotta realize that if a responsible family were to adopt a dog basically "to make their kids happy, for a Xmas gift or whatever" that the adults will be the ones taking care of it regardless of how much the kids promise to lol. I'm sure you know how that always goes right?

I'm not even going to talk about animal rescues, I'll just say they are good for the most part and leave it at that because I don't want to turn this awesome thread into a shit storm, even though I'd like to say a few things but im not going to go there.

I've been approved and asked to foster dogs and I hope to do that soon but I'm definitely going to take a different approach than the woman (nut case) I've been dealing with and the people I had to deal with through another rescue also. I'm not even going into it though, my BP is raising already.

Nothing worse than seeing a homeless pet though because of bad pet owners i will agree with you there, and there are ALOT of bad pet owners in this world for sure. I hate bad pet owners with a passion. I know way too many of them unfortunately.

#1156 6 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Merry Christmas from Finky. He wasn't too happy with the elf costume.

Finky is a really cute dog! One of my neighbors had a dog that looked exactly like yours and it was a really great dog. I used to play with it all the time when I was a kid.

#1159 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

That's for people who can't afford them..giving your own child a dog is most defintiely a great gift! It's a lifetime bond! C'mon scrooge! Lighten up!!

Most people don’t realize how expensive it is to have a dog, especially once the dog gets up into their senior years and what even ticks me off more is people who can’t afford them always get 2 or 3 of them usually. If you take proper care of a dog, the expense is very costly over it’s lifetime.

#1160 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Maggie loves Christmas!

Wow she’s beautiful! I love love love Labs!

#1162 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Thanks, she is lab/doberman and cost me 4 grand at the vet last month

Ouch! What happened to her?

#1164 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Had to take her to an emergency clinic of course it happened at midnight on a Friday night. She suddenly strlarted drooling heavily and grosser fluid loss, they said her toxicology results were so bad if I had waited a half hour she wouldn't have made it. They think she ate something poisonous but I still have no idea what. Scary that it could happen again. She had bad lover numbers after fighting it with meds, but she is back to normal now. Barking at everything

Wow that must have scared you guys to death I bet. Sorry to hear that happened but glad she is ok now.

#1167 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Seems like you're really getting a gift for yourself that you give to others though, like lingerie.
Less tongue in cheek, I mean, from the sounds of things, you're knowingly taking on the responsibilty of owning a dog and your family is going to reap the benefits. That's cool and I have no issue with that. If you can work that into a surprise on someone's birthday or something, all the better.
That's not the sort of gift I was thinking about, and I probably shouldn't have used absolutes (and possibly should've stayed away from the keyboard when into my Christmas cheer). I was thinking about gifts like Cooper on the previous page. He was a Mother's Day gift back in May. 6 months later and he's in the system because the owner had the responsibilty foisted on her and she didn't really want a dog in the first place. That's the kind of gift giving I'm talking about.
That certainly doesn't sound like what you're talking about at all. I look forward to seeing pictures of your new pup in its loving home.

I guess you must be thinking like “hey I’m going to take this puppy and give it to my niece for Christmas “ without anyone knowing about it before hand at all right? If that is what you are thinking then I will agree with you that’s a terrible idea there for sure. I was just talking about parents giving their kids a dog for Christmas and it would basically be a family dog.

#1176 6 years ago
Quoted from mjpinballs:

Its been a little over a week since my best bubby Jack passed away. It was a tough holiday for me and my daughter. I have started to look for a pug puppy for my daughter but I have had know luck finding one. I have found a Lot of what I think are scams wanting you to send a wallmart checks for the puppy.I was wondering if anyone on here know someone that breeds pugs any help would be appreciated. Jack we will never forget all the joy you brought us love you buddy

RIP Jack.

#1181 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

What is in Denta stix? Our two go completely ballistic for them. We call them crack sticks.

Not sure but dogs love them. All I know is if you cut a piece off of one and put it in a glass of water overnight you probably won’t give them to your dog anymore. They don’t look like they would be very good for a dogs digestive system.

#1183 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I don't trust those types of treats. And any dog treats coming from China.
We like buying our dogs elk bones and treats from local butcher shops.

Nope me either. There are all kinds of reports about dogs having blockages because of them and the ingredients aren’t good either. A lot of this stuff depends on the dog also. My old lab would eat a pig ear like it was nothing and I just quit giving her that stuff because I was afraid that she was going to break her teeth. My new dog luckily is very gentle so I’m going to start trying to brush his teeth. I don’t think it will be a problem with him. A dogs oral health is probably the #1 most important thing that a pet owner needs to keep an eye on. Never ever ignore your dogs dental health!

#1185 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

We don’t buy our dogs anything but those marrow bones with the peanut butter inside them. There must be at least 30 of them laying around our house. Haha

I’m not sure what you are talking about but I may buy some for myself, they sound pretty good!

#1187 6 years ago

I’d totally eat those!

1 week later
#1199 6 years ago
Quoted from JoeinNJ:

New pup three years ago, Thurday gets one of two ACLs redone. If all goes well, back in ten weeks for the other side. Then back to the water.

Im worried about something like this (or worse) happening to my new Basset Hound. He runs like a damn rabbit and is always stumbling or losing his footing and his legs sliding out from under him. I'm scared to death that he's gonna hurt himself. He ran in from outside yesterday and came into the kitchen and busted his ass and he slid all the way across the kitchen floor and slammed into the wall. He's insane and needs to slow down!! I hope your dog does fine with his surgeries.

#1217 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mix in a bit of aspirin and he seems to be at full speed again.

Bufferin or buffered aspirin I hope right? Ibuprofen is huge no no just so everyone knows, it is deadly to dogs. Also the correct dosage for dogs is important. My vet told me Bufferin or buffered aspirin only

#1224 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Wow, please let me know. Vet swears it's arthritis, but I would definitely give it a try. Thank you. She does chew on her feet a lot.

Not saying your vet doesn't know what he or she is talking about but I would get a 2nd opinion if I were you because it sounds like your dog is having a really rough time. Never hurts explore other avenues.

#1228 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pretty sure there’s no aspirin in ibuprofen. But yeah, regular aspirin.

No there is no aspirin in ibuprofen. I was just warning people to not give ibuprofen to dogs because it can kill them. Not sure why buy for some reason it's pretty deadly to dogs. I have even had people give me the evil eye at my new vets office when I told them I occasionally had Buddy on Bufferin like it was not a good thing to do, but the vet that told me it was ok to give large dogs 1 Bufferin every 12 hours I have full faith in. He didn't say to do it everyday but he said when his spine issues flared up that it was ok. Not sure how much to give a small dog though. People would need to consult their veterinarian for that.

#1233 6 years ago
Quoted from OhKeePaw:

Our yellow lab started intermittently limping on one of her front legs when she was 9ish or so. We thought it was due to arthritis or possibly related to a dog running full tilt into her shoulder at the dog park a while earlier. Would come and go, usually lasting a day or two, but eventually she started whining/yelping and not wanting to move occasionally. When we got imaging done at the vet turned out it was osteosarcoma in her shoulder that we caught fairly early. She was fine for quite a while on anti-inflammatories and other pain meds and was almost 13 when she passed. Keeping her a healthy weight helped a lot I think.
Not sure if the sarcoma was developing the whole time or if the earliest pain was actually due to injury. Hers was non-operable, but be sure to get imaging done if it persists, since your pup is younger, osteosarcoma is fairly common, and can be operable.
It has been years but we still miss her. She was a great big sis too.

Beautiful Lab!!!

1 week later
#1240 6 years ago

For any of you that remember when I adopted my Basett Hound not long ago, there was a Beagle that i was going to adopt named Earnest Tubbs that i really had a soft spot for that was middle aged and had some medical issues. When i went to get him they had got a Basset Hound in which is what we had been searching for all along so i had to take him because Bassett's aren't easy to come by and its definitely not likely that you will find one in a animal shelter.

Anyway Earnest had been in the shelter for 4 plus months because his medical condition scared people off. It was a cosmetic condition more than a physical condition. Anyway i promised to not forget about Earnest and that i would go back and get him after i got my new dog settled in and take Earnest in and give him the home that he deserves.....even though my current situation isnt ideal to add another dog to the mix.

So anyway....i went back to check on Earnest Tubbs today praying that he had been adopted and found a good home and sure enough someone finally got him out of the shelter. I told the lady that i really liked him and i hope he went to a good home and the lady said that he went to a very good home with a great family. That made me so happy to hear that, that i cant even express to you my feelings right now. Hopefully for those of you that know and remember the story it will put a smile on your faces also because this is a really sweet dog we are talking about here! I hope you have the best life ever Earnest!

20171118_164011-1-1 (resized).jpg20171118_164011-1-1 (resized).jpg

#1242 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes, made my day.

It was kind of bittersweet because i really loved that dog from the very first time that i seen him and wanted him but we was looking for a Basset and his medical issue was very unsightly when we first seen him, but has improved alot over time. We really like our new Basset alot but truthfully Earnest may have been the better dog for me possibly, but i know my gf wanted the Basset so we got him. I’m not complaining either by the way because he is a wonderful dog in every way.......still just having trouble getting over the loss of my other Basset Hound though so im still in a fog kind of and i cant stop thinking about him.

When the lady told us though that Earnest had been adopted, me and my gf both did a fist pump and said YES!!! The lady at the animal shelter said that Earnest was everyone there at the shelters favorite dog and they didnt want to see him go but that they were all very happy when he got adopted because he had been in there for so long. He is a great dog and i will always be thinking about him and wondering how he is doing.

3 weeks later
#1275 6 years ago
Quoted from Skipps00:

Here’s my little buddy Diego who recently passed.

Beautiful dog, sorry for your loss.

#1283 6 years ago
Quoted from WeatherbyMAG:

& Our Basset hound in her "natural state" (constant laziness)
& Every once in a while she wakes up & is active..... & then back to resting....

Sometimes I wish i was a dog, but my luck id get a shitty owner that beats on me. Did you happen to see how long the one toenail is on your Basset?

#1288 6 years ago
Quoted from WeatherbyMAG:

She chews them off, but that is the one she can't get her teeth into to chew on. They all go to groomer every 3-4 months, I let them deal with their toenails. We don't have carpet, otherwise that would be an issue.

If she is chewing them off that probably means they are bothering her and maybe even painful to her. It is recommended to cut a dogs nails about every 4 weeks on the average. Keeping the nails trimmed monthly will also keep the quick from getting too long.

Im not saying this to be a dick or anything either so please dont take it that way but 3 or 4 months is just way too long to let a dogs nails go. That especially applies to most Bassets since they tend to be on the lazy side and don't run around enough to keeo their nails ground down lol. Some dogs are so active that they probably can go 3 months without cutting their toenails but Bassets not so much probably.

My Basset is fairly young and extremely active and full of energy but his nails grow super fast anyway for some reason and i have to cit them every month or he slices my stomach open when he jumps on me.

#1289 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

If you are going to start showing off parrots here is mine. His name is Geri

Have you taught Geri how to cuss yet?

#1291 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

What do you think? he said “ you’re a dumb ass”. Actually I have been told not to teach him to cuss because Josie has the vocabulary of a adult and she just says whatever she hears. I called her dog a fat ass once and next thing I know she is calling him fat ass.

Lol that’s hilarious. Man i used to go to this bar a long time ago and they had a bird in there that dropped F Bombs constantly! The owner was an old man and he would take a fly swatter to that bird when it started cussing too much. It was hilarious.

2 weeks later
#1304 6 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

When she l00ks at me like this, I know she has to go potty

Yeah she does have that kind of "you better hurry and open that damn door because ive got explosive diarrhea" look to her doesnt she? Lol

#1309 6 years ago

That sucks about Belle, i love Labs. Your new dog seems pretty awesome also, she is beautiful.

1 week later
#1336 6 years ago
Quoted from G-P-E:

<--
Sadly -- one of my best friends died today.

Sorry for your loss,. Losing a dog is tough to deal with.

1 month later
#1398 5 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

I bought the flying dog from Neverending Story

Thats one happy little girl there now, i can see it in her eyes. You cant put a price on that right there, its worth all the money in the world. This is the best thread on Pinside!!

1 week later
#1432 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. Yeah. Pretty standard look from Maximus. He’s very anxious and always has that snarl. Haha

He’s kinda got thag look that he pooped in the house and hes hoping that you dont find it.

#1433 5 years ago
Quoted from Pbgixxer:

Just hanging out with my boy

Gorgeous Lab!

3 weeks later
#1444 5 years ago
Quoted from OhKeePaw:

Yara and Reba are pretty excited that the Cubs are doing well this year. Ohkee said if you put a hat on me I will never cuddle with you again.

Beautiful dogs!

#1445 5 years ago
rain-poop-in-the-house-today (resized).jpgrain-poop-in-the-house-today (resized).jpg
1 month later
#1465 5 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Well Cooper stole my wallet out of my pants last night.
Cash and credit cards found on the stairs and bedroom floor.
No sign of the wallet itself. Will have to search outside.
I think Jack may have helped, he likes to gut &amp; shred his toys.
Cooper is the Golden Retriever, Jack is the Beagle-Corgi mix
[quoted image][quoted image]

For some reason i am feeling like Jack looks to be the guilty one. I can see it in his eyes!

#1470 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Our new fur baby Hugo still learning how a bed works
[quoted image]

That kind of looks like me back when i used to drink alot.

#1471 5 years ago

My Boy Jake!

00C457E5-6C52-4525-82F0-EE791214F390 (resized).jpeg00C457E5-6C52-4525-82F0-EE791214F390 (resized).jpeg
#1475 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Just rescued this little bugger this weekend. He was in a kill shelter down south. I think he's going to be a real nice dog. He comes to work with me every day and is on constant squirrel lookout.[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow he’s beautiful, great find there! Rescuing is the best way to get a dog, I’ll never do it any other way.

#1485 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Since we are on the topic of dogs, can anyone tell me what to do about a stinky itchy dog. I have a rescue American Bulldog and she is a real stinker. I bathe her weekly and she smells the day after and she is constantly scratching especially in the summer time. I just bought a box of Dynovite to see if that helps but I haven't received it yet.

You shouldn't bath your dog more than once a month and make sure that you use dog shampoo when you bathe her. You may be damaging the dogs skin from bathing her too often and that is why she is itching possibly. Also try a quality grain free food and no beef or beef flavors.

Some dogs also have allergies from pollen and other things in the air also. My dog has horrible allergies and im trying to figure out if its from food or if its seasonal allergies right now. He is so miserable that he is on allergy meds every day. I feel bad for him.

1 week later
#1496 5 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I get a chuckle when I see these beautiful dogs! They bring so much joy to our lives.
We lost our sweet boy Harley a year ago. He was with us for about 10 years. [quoted image]

Sorry to hear about Charlie, he was beautiful. Looks like he had a nice home and was loved and well taken care of. I am always happy to see that, there are lots of animals that arent so lucky unfortunately. We adopted my dog and he is a great dog but i fear that he was abused before we got him. We have never laid a hand on him or even yelled at him but the other day i got the fly swatter out to kill a fly and he went nuts. He ran to the corner and started crying because he thought that he was going to get beat. That broke my heart. Charlie looked like he was a great dog, i just get that feeling from the picture.

2 weeks later
#1509 5 years ago

Is that Chewbacca's dog?

2 months later
#1555 5 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

My boys Wizard and Cooper Got turkey day leftovers. They both took off last night chasing a deer I think, but found their way home after hours outside. Wizard is so tired he did not get up to eat.

I eat while laying down all the time. Its so much easier than standing up and trying to eat.

#1556 5 years ago

Too much Turkey!

20181122_154909 (resized).jpg20181122_154909 (resized).jpg
#1557 5 years ago

Its been one year since we rescued this beautiful boy, hope to have many more with him! Hes one of the most gentle and obedient dogs that i have ever seen. We are the luckiest people in the world to have found such a great dog!
20181122_174140 (resized).jpg20181122_174140 (resized).jpg

#1560 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Awesome. I rescued my first one 9 years ago and my second one 6 years ago. And neither listen for shit! Sure do love them, though.

Lol that happens for sure. The main reason im so surprised by how well he listens is Basset Hounds are not known for listening to people. They are stubborn as hell and can be very grumpy and they just flat out can piss you off sometimes lol. This dog here has no stubbornness at all in him and he is very friendly to all other cats and dogs. He is a gentle soul and is always trying to please us. Its very odd for a Basset Hound to be that way. They usually are always pushing your buttons and testing your patience instead.

#1563 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I've chalked it up to the fact that I'm just not a good trainer. I'm inconsistent and I talk with my hands. I probably confuse the hell out of the poor things. I also like to wrestle with them and let them jump in my lap if I'm just surfing the web or whatever. I know it's my own damn fault, but I don't mind it.

I dont know anything about training dogs either. I adopted him and he was very obedient when we got him, unfortunately i think he was abused and he is scared to screw up.

When i got him he was afraid to get on the couch or my bed. It literally scared him to death when i put him on the couch and especially the bed because it was obvious that this was a big no no in his previous home, so i confused the hell out of him too.

It took him probably id say 4 months to finally learn that things like that was ok and to become comfortable with his new life. Im pretty sure that he likes his new home much better than his old one. Theres no abuse, fighting, or arguing in my home so he feels safe with us now and i think he finally realizes that he will never have to go back to where he came from.

#1567 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

[quoted image]

I want the dog and the carpet both!

4 weeks later
#1601 5 years ago

I'm missing this little turd while I'm in hospital till at least new year, BUMMER DUDE.
Be home soon little buddy!
[quoted image]

I hope all is well with you oldskool. Get well soon buddy!

1 month later
#1630 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

It was a rough week last week. Lost one of my boxers, my boy Hank, to cancer. Worst feeling ever when you’re making that last trip to the vet.
Always chilled in the gameroom with me, and loved the speech and infinity lights on Xenon. Will absolutely be missed.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry to hear that Colsond. There is honestly not many things in life that is worse than losing your dog. I feel for you buddy!

#1638 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Thanks a lot fellas, all of the comments are really appreciated. It really blows. Sorry about yours too Dee.
Found out he had cancer three weeks ago via ultrasound. He declined very quickly.
I rescue boxers, I have lost three of them. Have one left, Jessica. Got a call years ago that the rescue had a two-year-old they found wandering the streets of Philly. He was really disheveled, had been used as a prep dog for pitbull fighting. Had scars all over his legs and face. They were going to put him to sleep that day.
I hauled my ass down to Philly and picked him up. Awesome dog for eight years, and he had a much better life with us than he did his first two. My daughter is freaking heartbroken.

Do you mind sharing what was going on with him when you took him to the vet to get checked out? Did he stop eating or something? Also what do you think his age was?

#1642 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I cried more
For the dog than when my father died. He was an asshole

For some reason i get more upset when animals die than when people die, even if i like the person. That would sound very weird to most people but i love animals more than anything. I don't know why but iys just different when they die for some reason. Im not talking about all people deaths obviously, some if them hurt terribly bad also. Im just talking in general.

#1645 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Out of nowhere he started pissing in the house, all over the hardwood floors. He had never done that once in his life. Copious amounts of urine, it wouldn’t stop. They kept saying he had some kind of parasitic infection and give him antibiotics. Blood labs were essentially normal.

Then he started getting severely lethargic, not eating as much. X-ray was negative, then they did an ultrasound and found multiple masses all over several organs. That was only three weeks ago.

Then he started laying around even more and twitching oddly, so we took him back. Vet said at that point he was in pain. Had to make the tough decision. If he was in pain, I said I would take him back.

That is awful man, really awful. I know it probably doesn't make you feel any better but you did the right thing for him for sure. Hopefully one day you two will meet again and he will thank you for all that you done for him.

#1658 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I don’t know if dogs realize loss in any form or significance the way we do

I think dogs absolutely have feelings and realize when people or other animals around them die. I believe that they grieve and have emotions just like we do. Dogs are more intelligent than a lot of people think i believe. There are lots of studies that supposedly prove that dogs arent very smart, i dont believe that for a second.

#1663 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

They certainly have feelings but I’m not sure they recognize loss per se. The Williams Syndrome effect has an impact: https://www.insidescience.org/news/rare-human-syndrome-may-explain-why-dogs-are-so-friendly

Ive been in discussions with people who swear that dogs have no ability to reason or think. Two examples of why i disagree with that. #1 our old Lab would sometimes go downstairs and pee or poop on the basement floor when we was gone because she had trouble holding it because she was very old. The minute i would walk in the door she would drop her head and i knew. I would even try and call her over to the stairway and no way would she come over there in fear of me punishing her......which i never did by the way but i dont know how she was treated with her previous owners. But that is proof to me that her mind was working and that she had the ability to think

#2, this is a weird one that i cant understand at all. My dog now who is a rescue is scared totally shitless of 2 things. One is a fly swatter...i can understand that if he used to get hit by one. Heres the one where im stumped. He is scared absolutely to death of toenail clippers. Last nite im trimming my toenails and he pushed the bathroom door open and seen them and freaked out. He starts jumping at the door trying to get out of the house and he is crying like a baby and i mean hard and his heart is racing incredibly hard and hes panting like crazy from fear. He did this for about 1 whole hour and i couldn't calm him down at all.

We have had this dog about 15 months now and have never been anything but nice to him and he loves us to death. Ive never even so much as yelled at him. Nobody's dog gets treated any better trust me. I would love to know what the deal is with toenail and fingernail clippers are. How is that even scary at all? Also when he gets his nails trimmed at the groomer it doesn't scare him and he remains calm so its not that either. I for the life of me cannot understand this.

#1670 5 years ago
Quoted from balt:

Five years old today.
[quoted image]

Wow....great looking dog you have there!

#1677 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

You took the words right out of my mouth. What ass would do that?

Hate to say it but theres A LOT of asses that do shit like that. Animal abuse happens all the time and it just makes me sick and extremely sad.

#1681 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

The consequences are a damn joke. They regularly walk away with some bullshit fine and community service. Whomever did that to that dog should be locked up period.

Any human being that could do that to a dog would do the same thing to a human. They need to definitely be taken out of society.

#1685 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I saw a ding on the net that said Tommy died last night. His body just gave up. I hope they catch the guy that did it and beat him to a pulp.

Very sad

#1705 5 years ago

I love people who rescue animals and give them a good home and a second chance!

3 months later
#1735 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

My my but this is a big dog.

Looks like a couple of the girls i drug home back in the 80's.

#1742 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

So this is Boudreaux. He officially came to live with us today. All went well. Fisher excepted him as his buddy. And all is good.[quoted image][quoted image]

Great looking dogs!

1 month later
#1797 4 years ago
Quoted from Sputnik:

My name is Honey. I was an unwanted dog until yesterday when I got a home. I have 2 Sister dogs, a cat, and 2 Humans. They named me Honey because my tall human was harvesting from the honey bees when I came here to live.[quoted image]

Thank you for giving her a home!

#1801 4 years ago

My rescue dog is a shit, continues to be a shit and will always be a shit.
But he is my shit and after 4 years he is still shit.
BUT I LOVE HIM SO!
I got a fur baby which matches my personality. ha ha
Even Batman can't tame him[quoted image]

Yeah but he's a pretty little shit.

3 months later
#1848 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Dogs Rule or do they?

Dewey dog is getting serviced by his best bud Jack the cat.

Lol

3 weeks later
#1875 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Maggie is beat after Thanksgiving.[quoted image]

Too much turkey looks like. The same thing happened to me yesterday.

#1877 4 years ago

Glad he is accepting his new friend. That is one beautiful Lab.

#1890 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Would you guys have this boy fixed? He has a appointment Thursday but I feel terrible doing it. He doesn’t have papers, they mean nothing to me, but he is such a good looking guy I hate to do it. I never had any intent on breeding him though. Are they happier when fixed?[quoted image]

He needs to be neutered 1000% because if he isnt he stand a high risk of getting testicular cancer. You will be doing him a big favor trust me. Also he will be fine. Dogs really bounce back quickly from surgeries and injuries.

#1895 4 years ago

On a side note zr11990, I had to take my cat to the vet today for a dental that hasn't been out of the house in 10 years and she was scared to death and I felt terrible about taking her out of her environment and upsetting her that bad. They pulled 9 teeth and did whatever else they do (735 dollars) and she is back home tonight and feeling much better. That may change tomorrow when the pain meds wear off but even though it was a terrifying experience for her i did her a huge favor because i know she was in bad pain. I think shes going to be a much happier kitty now.

#1899 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I know it’s best. It just seems so mean to cut off the poor guys boys.

I had a Basset Hound that was a stray I took in and he hadn't been neutered and the vet told me it needed to be done and I kinda blew it off. Finally on one of my other visits he sat me down and basically pleaded with me to get it done because of the cancer risk and i didnt want that to happen obviously so I had it done. He was like 7 or 8 years old at the time.

#1906 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Yeah that sucks and is probably smart at that point. Our princess is from the Humane Society and just her top front teeth are down to the nubs not sure how or why but I could guess all kinds of things. At least she is in good hands now.

I think its pretty common for dogs to wear their teeth down like that, especially older dogs obviously.

#1907 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You could have got the Star Wars topper for that

Haha thats very true!

#1912 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Poor BoBo. He tor up every plant and my coconut tree that I brought back from Hawaii 5 years ago so I went ahead and had him fixed hoping to calm him down. He is in pain and is very confused. He just cowers now. I’m hoping after a good bits sleep he will be a happier pupper. He is snoring like a truck[quoted image]

He will be ok in a few days. I just had a major dental done on my cat and shes having it pretty rough right now and she isnt having much to do with us. I feel bad about it just like you do but what you did is going to help him live a much longer and healthier life..

1 week later
#1918 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

So , I dont have a pic but I drove for 2 hours yesterday to take my daughters dog, a scruffy long haired chihuahua and pug mix, to a vet to get his leg fixed. He got into it with a pit. The local vet said to cut it off. I drove from Houston to the border of LA to a vet that said he could fix it. I shelled out 1800 for this dog because my daughter was beside herself about amputating the dogs leg which still would have cost 1000. I got a call today saying he was in good shape wanting someone to play with him. The things we do for our kids and dogs.

That's awesome, thank you for doing that.

#1923 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

I’m so sorry to hear about your pup Wizard This is a tough Christmas for us too. It will be our first Christmas in 18 years without our sweet Phoebe. She just loved tearing into all the presents.[quoted image]

There is very few things in life worse than losing your dog. Its devastating.

#1933 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

This is one of my favorite threads here. Always love seeing other furry friends, but today felt like a great support group and actually helped me feel a little bit better since I’ve been pretty sad that I won’t be watching my baby ripping open any gifts this year. Sorry but here’s a couple more pics of my sweetie. The last pic was from the day before I had to say my final goodbye. From the minute I got home from work till the time I went to bed, this was us cuddling on the couch.[quoted image][quoted image]

She was beautiful JayDee. I love Labs and Golden retrievers more than any other dogs. They truly are the best dogs in the world. So sad tnsee those pics but very glad that I got to see them too because it reminds me of the lab that I lost a few years back. I can tell she was an amazing dog just by looking at the pictures.

1 week later
#1976 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Yesterday I had to say goodbye to my best friend.
During our time with him we had a blast.
I will always remember him for all the joy and unconditional love he gave us.
Thank you Billy. Forever in our hearts. Till we meet again.[quoted image]

Ah man what a bummer, so sorry.......

#1995 4 years ago

I LOVE DOGS AND DOG PEOPLE!
We are AWESOME![quoted image]

There is one thing that i have noticed in life. People who don't like animals all have one thing in common, and that is that they are generally shitty and unhappy people that you don't want to be around. Theres also a difference between people who do not want any animals and people who dont like animals so don't confuse the two.

3 weeks later
#2041 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I hate to be a bummer, but we lost our dog, Brewer, in July of this year. It was awful. We even had a moment weeks before his death where we realized how healthy our 12-13 year old dog was. Things turned really fast, and he was gone.
I miss him every single day. I still open the door slowly expecting him to be behind it waiting for me to get home. I have to stop myself from whistling aloud for a little bit of camaraderie and unconditional loyalty.
He was all about his tennis balls for almost of his life. Try to give him a treat? Get lost. Throw the ball. And I'm serious when I say no one was more excited about a fresh snowfall.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Labs are the best dogs ever. He sure was beautiful. Sorry for your your family's loss.

#2055 4 years ago

Just wanted to pass on a story to you dog lovers. I have a friend that has/had two dogs, a lab and a lab mix of some sort, I think it's a lab and a pit bull mix. The lab was like 14-15 years old and had arthritis terribly bad and unfortunately just passed.

This guy is not a dog lover at all so this isnt a made up story I can assure you. Anyway the lab died at home. She was in so much pain he couldn't pick her up to take her to the vet and he had to call a service to the house to put her to sleep.

He said when the dog died he covered her up until he could take her to have her cremated the next day. He said the other dog was literally crying like a little baby and he couldn't get her off of the dead dog. He said she laid on the deceased dog and cried all night long.

One good thing that did come from it is they felt so bad for the dog that they brought her in and made her a house dog now. He said she was out in the garage just crying like crazy because she lost her best friend. Tell me that dogs aren't smart and that they dont have feelings.

#2057 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

. He covered up a dead dog and left it accessible to his other dog? I'd say it's safe to say he isn't a dog lover.

Hes not a dog lover at all but he couldn't get the dog to the place that cremates them until the next day. I actually dont know that he left the dead dog alone with the other one the entire night but whatever he did I'm sure that he tried to do what was right because the other dog was grieving and so was his kid who is extremely I'll. The dog that died was bought for his son 14-15 years ago who is very very sick and was never expected to live as long as he has. It's very possible that the dog is what has kept his son alive all these years. He's not a dog lover but hes also not an asshole so I'm sure that he did what he felt was right for all involved.

It saddened him enough seeing the other dog grieving to where he has now made her an inside dog because he didnt want to leave her outside all alone and grieving.

I dont know the specifics of the entire story because I just learned about all of this tonight. The dog died last week and I wasnt around his house when it happened.

1 week later
#2061 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

I have a question for you all. We have been looking to rescue a dog since it’s been awhile since we had to say goodbye to our sweet Phoebe several months ago. You might have seen the pics I posted here before plus she’s my profile pic. Anyway, we’ve never adopted before because Phoebe was actually found by my brother in law running down the highway when she was only about 6 months old and we’ve had her ever since. 18.5 years! Now we found a rescue dog online that we, for some reason, really felt a connection just from her pics. I know it’s sounds crazy but I really felt something.
I’m so pissed right now. My wife is literally sobbing upstairs because of the phone call she just had with the lady who has the dog. Without getting into a long explanation, this bitch basically started judging us over the phone and treated my wife like she had no business adopting a dog. She was telling us that the dog would be no good for us because we didn’t have another dog for the rescue to be with. But she had some pit bull mix that we might be interested in. WTF? Who does that? She then tells us to fill out the form so she can find out if we would be a good match. OK no problem. I understand that.
So I look at the form to fill out even though I think this lady is a wack job. Sure as shit, now the red flags pop up. First off, no adoption fees are listed. Secondly, the questions seem like I’m taking out a 500K loan from the bank. 3 references but can’t be family members. Is that normal? How much do I plan on spending each year on the dog? What will I do if it barks? What brand food will I feed it? Who will feed it? There’s many more questions besides the normal, who’s your vet and how many hours will it be alone etc.
Is this normal procedure? I’m so mad right now that this lady treated us like we were animal abusers just for inquiring about the dog. Maybe I’m overthinking the form to fill out because of how the lady was on the phone. She really seemed like she was trying to steer us away.
Sorry for the long post, I’m a little worked up right now. Looking for help on what to look for from a legit adoption agency and what to steer clear of. Thanks

Ive had the same experience with dog rescues and its really just not worth the hassle. Just go to your local shelter, there are tons of great dogs there that need a good home. I can appreciate dog rescues being strict but they go way overboard in my opinion.

#2065 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Make sure to have her talked into taking care of the puppy stages. Good times.

Those are badass looking dogs.

Yes and they can kill people really easy also. I had a friend that had one that was HUGE and it was so protective that he had to get rid of it because he was afraid that it was going to attack someone and get him into a lot of trouble. Then last straw was when it killed his other dog. Im not saying that they are bad dogs but I personally wouldn’t risk owning one, especially if you have kids.

#2069 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

The narrative that all breeds can be dangerous is true, but also a little disingenuous.
A dog like that NEEDS to be raised carefully and deliberately. I grew up around dobermans and rottweilers. All of them were fantastic dogs after some really careful training.
I really get the apprehension, and I appreciate the concern. I'm also really confident in my ability to train and handle a dog. It's really important to me and something I take seriously.

I understand totally but like I said it's not worth the risk if you have kids and visitors at your house. Comparing a Cane Corso to a doberman or a rottweiler is like comparing a kitten to a lion.

My friend lives on a farm out in the country and he works 3rds so he wanted a good watchdog so they chose the cane corso. He said it was a great dog to him and his wife but he had kids and grandkids that come to visit frequently and the dog wanted to eat anyone up that came on the property and he said he just couldn't take the risk of it hurting or killing anyone. Those dogs are killing machines.

#2075 4 years ago

Double post

20191226_074158 (resized).jpg20191226_074158 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200119-175339_Messages (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200119-175339_Messages (resized).jpg
#2076 4 years ago

Well I really effed that up. What I was going to say JayDee is this is a dog pound dog, not bad huh? Also find out what day the shelter sits there new dogs out and try to go on that day because if you find a guy like this boy here he won't last but a day or two at the most probably.

Also it wont be you that picks the dog out probably, usually the dog picks you and just grabs ahold if your heart! You may very well end up with a dog that is totally opposite of what you thought it would be. Good luck buddy. You will find your new best friend very soon.

#2078 4 years ago

Both great looking dogs! If that doesn't pan out hit your local animal shelters next. Dont be afraid of older dogs either because they need a home worse than the young ones and senior dogs are great too. They may not live as long but you will feel good in knowing that you did a great thing.

1 week later
#2103 4 years ago

OMG that is one beautiful dog!!!!

#2119 4 years ago

I've had a rather crazy day. I'm working the graveyard shift this week and my old senile cat decided that she wanted in my bedroom so she screamed and cried and beat on my door around noon until I woke up.

So anyway no sleep for me as usual. We were fixing dinner around 4pm and I couldn't wait to eat and go back to bed. While my gf is cooking she looks out the window and says hey there two dogs by our house and she went and called them and they came running to her.

One definitely a pit bull mix and the other I think also has some pit In him. Two of the sweetest dogs you could ever meet. So anyway they have collars but no name or number, just rabies tags and a animal shelter tag and i cant even tell what the other tags are. I posted their picture on facebook and unfortunately nobody came to their rescue.

My dog wants his backyard back so i guess I'm going to have to call the dog catcher tomorrow. I really hate to do that but hopefully they are micro chipped and they can find their owners. I actually kinda fell in love with the brown and white one that is a definite pit bull mix. He is such a sweet and gentle dog but I can't take on two more dogs right now and they arent a good fit for my Bassett Hound either, at least not the black and white dog.

I fed them twice and gave them lots of love throughout the day and tried like hell to find their owner. I'm hoping someone steps up tomorrow because it's going to make me really sad if the dog catcher has to come and get them.
20200224_011826 (resized).png20200224_011826 (resized).png

#2121 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

You are a very awesome person!

Thanks Johnny but not really lol. I just love animals and try to help them if they need help. These guys are really good dogs, especially the white and brown one, what a great personality he has. The black and white dog is a little too jumpy for my dogs liking but they both mind very well.

They are wanting in the house really bad but I'm afraid to let them in in case they have fleas or something. If it wasnt for that I'd bring them inside. It's not that cold out there anyways. I'm really praying that I find their owner because I'm going to feel bad if I have to call the dog warden to come and get them.

#2123 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Never feel bad about that. And I big time do not blame you for concerned about fleas. I had to bail out Buddy the yellow lab one time, after another dog got in here and busted him out, and after looking for days I was just so glad the pound finally had him.
If you can not find the owner soon, the pound is the best thing because that is where a owner will start looking.

I'm definitely going to try to find the owner. Being on 3rd shift makes it tough because when I get home there nothing is open yet and then when I wake up everything like the animal shelter is closing.

There is one tag on the brown and white dog that is for like when they get lost. I called the number but of course they were closed so I will be calling that number again hopefully this morning. The problem is the only thing visible on that tag is the phone number. Theres another number but I cant make it out. Maybe I can color it with a black marker or something and make it legible.

I dont think they got dumped off because their tags are current and if someone dumped them they would have taken their collars off. The one dog at least should be micro chipped also because he has a local animal shelters tag on him and I think anytime a dog is adopted from a shelter they get chipped.

#2125 4 years ago
Quoted from Sputnik:

I hope you can find there home for them.

Me too brother. That would be the best outcome for sure.

#2127 4 years ago
Quoted from jsf24:

If you call your vet and give them the #'s on the rabies tags they may be able to check the system for you.

Good idea and the dog license tag also. Thank you

#2131 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I've had a rather crazy day. I'm working the graveyard shift this week and my old senile cat decided that she wanted in my bedroom so she screamed and cried and beat on my door around noon until I woke up.
So anyway no sleep for me as usual. We were fixing dinner around 4pm and I couldn't wait to eat and go back to bed. While my gf is cooking she looks out the window and says hey there two dogs by our house and she went and called them and they came running to her.
One definitely a pit bull mix and the other I think also has some pit In him. Two of the sweetest dogs you could ever meet. So anyway they have collars but no name or number, just rabies tags and a animal shelter tag and i cant even tell what the other tags are. I posted their picture on facebook and unfortunately nobody came to their rescue.
My dog wants his backyard back so i guess I'm going to have to call the dog catcher tomorrow. I really hate to do that but hopefully they are micro chipped and they can find their owners. I actually kinda fell in love with the brown and white one that is a definite pit bull mix. He is such a sweet and gentle dog but I can't take on two more dogs right now and they arent a good fit for my Bassett Hound either, at least not the black and white dog.
I fed them twice and gave them lots of love throughout the day and tried like hell to find their owner. I'm hoping someone steps up tomorrow because it's going to make me really sad if the dog catcher has to come and get them.
[quoted image]

Well i got home from work this morning and the dogs were gone. They pulled a Houdini on me and escaped. They dug a spot out underneath of my fence and hauled ass. I hope that they are ok and found their way back home. I did all that i could do to help them. At least i know that they aren’t hungry because i stuffed their bellies pretty full last night. Maybe i will see them around again sometime today. One of the little bastards shredded a pair of gloves up that i had out there also and didn't even leave a note saying that he was sorry!

#2133 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

That was his note saying you'd better leave them some breakfast next time they come visiting.

Lol yes for sure. He also scratched the hell out of my deck digging on it too. It was the white and brown one, he's a destructive little bastard!

#2137 4 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Just returned from Hawaii and brought them back some new threads. Lol
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Lol now that's funny!

#2139 4 years ago

I love those bird dogs, so beautiful!

3 weeks later
#2168 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

A terrible loss. I'm sorry.

Sucks about Palmer but he had the best home and medical care that any dog could ever wish for. Erik loves his dogs and takes great care of them. He was a very lucky dog.

1 week later
#2210 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

This is Kissy and Hopper.
Both are retired racing greyhounds that we’ve had 5 or so years. Both sleep in the room with my wife and I and pretty much follow us wherever we go in the house.
Our daughter has been begging us for two years for “her own dog”.
It was the only thing she asked for for this past Christmas.
My wife and I finally capitulated and decided we would get another dog.
Normally we adopt, but since it will be our daughter first dog, we decided getting a puppy was the way we wanted to go with her. She’s going to be responsible for training, cleaning up after and everything that goes along with it.
As a breed we decided on a miniature Italian greyhound as it’s a similar breed to what we have (but smaller). She was born end of February and we’re supoosed to pick her up on in about 2 weeks. Thankfully she’s local.
Our daughter is still deciding on a name, but it’s looking like she’s leaning towards Lola.
Looking forward to meeting her and welcoming her to the family.[quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful dogs.

#2225 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Max has wanted us to stop playing pinball for a while.[quoted image]

Played until he dropped trying to reach the Iron Throne!

#2248 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

And now they are both in here. [quoted image]

I bet they love their new life and home. They are awesome looking dogs!

#2256 4 years ago

Looks like a great dog zr, I hope you can give her a good home.

3 weeks later
#2308 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

My dog finally got to play with her BFF, Cane Corso
[quoted image]

Holy crap that is a big dog!! Beautiful though!

#2310 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The problem with having a pin-mat around Megatron is he wants to share it with whomever is playing:[quoted image][quoted image]

He's not very good at social distancing.

#2313 3 years ago
Quoted from Sputnik:

It is a sad day here. Honey did not wake up this morning.

Ohhhh no. I'm so sorry, that is awful. Such a pretty dog.

1 week later
#2360 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I took a few pictures and made a calendar for family this Christmas . So here are a few pictures of Doug and Daisy . Also I would like to give a shout-out to @Who-Day for reminding me what is important in life .[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the kind words. Beautiful dogs you have there!!

2 weeks later
#2455 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

When my baby is gone I don't ever want another. There isn't a dog out there like him, in my opinion. The other day there were warnings that the looters were going to come out to the suburbs where I live so I laid my pistol on the side table where I could get it quickly. That night I was going to clean it so I unloaded it and he was in the bed with me and he knocked the gun out of my hand and would not stop pawing at it till I put it in the case and put it up. I guess he thought it was going to hurt me. When I put it up he laid his head on my leg and went to sleep. I love that dog more than myself.

Almost all dogs are good and there are more dogs out there that need a home than there are people that can help them so PLEASE don't make this your last dog. When your dog has to leave you he would want you to give another dog a great life just like you did for him.

3 weeks later
#2620 3 years ago
Quoted from wamoc:

My dog keeps going for the rabbit droppings too. I've tried to get rid of the rabbits but it is so tough with a low to the ground wooden deck. I actually need to tear the deck out and redo it, because of the rabbits I am thinking I will go concrete.

I have so many rabbits in my yard that it would be a waste of time to even try to get rid of them.

#2624 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Yes, but why would you want to?
I have kind of the opposite situation. I live near some woods, and there are lots of rabbits...but I have 3 dogs, so they don't usually come nearby my house.

I actually dont want to get rid of them. I enjoy them truthfully. I spent the last two years trying to protect them from the red tail hawks every chance I could. I'm sure the neighbors probably thought i was nuts and didn't appreciate finding stuff in their yards that i would throw at the hawks. None of them said anything though because they all know I'm crazy enough to throw shit at them too.

#2627 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

my dog's love Wallaby poo

Wallaby poo is the best!

#2635 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

He’s been to a regular vet while getting his heart worm treatment, and they have said nothing about it. He also has a happy tail sore (common with dogs with hard tails like this)
Getting him set up at our vet next month and will have them look at these two things with me to see if it’s anything we should be concerned about.
He’s a chewer, loves his toys and eat well so I’m not overly concerned right now.

The good news is dogs can live without teeth. My old Basset Hound hardly had any at all left. Just gotta feed them soft food. My vet said they can even still eat dry food usually because most dogs don't chew it up much anyways. Hes a beautiful dog, it's a shame us shitty f*cking humans failed him.

#2638 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Lucky you found each other, he'll be in good hands

Chucky will definitely take care of him, theres no question about that. That dog is like a person that's had a terrible life and then they hit the lottery and they are on top of the world.

#2641 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

You gotta love Dogs![quoted image]

I made the mistake of watching Marley and Me again tonight.

And no i didn't cry.

#2643 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

They don't eat Wallaby poo , they just like to roll in it sometimes . I think they want to smell like a Wallaby so they can sneak up on them . They've chased them a few times ( I don't encourage it ) but they are way too fast , but if they did corner one , the Wallabies would kick the shit out of them . Swamp Wallabies are a lot tougher than they look . It's not unusual to hear about a kangaroo or wallaby trying to drown a dog , they've had 1000's of years dealing with dingoes . [quoted image]

Looks pretty mean. Are they scared of people like if you were to approach one or will they stand up and fight you?

#2650 3 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

One day, we had to take our pup to the vet, where they took an x-ray of his stomach. He had eaten maybe an hour earlier. I swear you could see every single piece of kibble.

Yeah my old Basset had 26 teeth pulled and several others were worn down to nothing and I made the statement to the vet that the dog would definitely be in a wet food diet now. He said he could still eat dry food probably as long as the kibble were small. He said most dogs dont chew their food up much anyways.

#2663 3 years ago

I've been spending the evening with my boy also. I turn the TV up kinda loud so he doesn't hear the fireworks as much. That helps a little.

#2665 3 years ago

Jake isnt real thrilled about the 4th of July as you can see.

20200704_200542 (resized).jpg20200704_200542 (resized).jpg20200704_200552 (resized).jpg20200704_200552 (resized).jpg
#2702 3 years ago

Dang.....poor guy. That's kind of sad.

1 week later
#2758 3 years ago
IMG_9941 (resized).pngIMG_9941 (resized).png
#2760 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Lazy Sunday.
[quoted image]

Looks like he is adjusting to his new environment quite well.

#2801 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

When we took them a couple months ago we couldn’t go in. Now we can, but need to wear masks.

My vet the last two trips has came out in the parking lot and gave Jake his shots. Very convenient because Jake fights me tooth and nail when I try to get him out of the car and Into the vets office. It is a struggle like you would not believe let me tell you.

1 week later
#2835 3 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

I assume you know; however, as an FYI, some peanut butters contain Xylitol a sweetener that can be deadly to dogs. As long as you are using something like Peter Pan, Skippy, Jiff, you are fine. Just didn't want someone to see the pic and decide to give their pup some peanut butter without checking the label.

Here's a good article about peanut butter for your dog for anyone that is interested.

https://www.preventivevet.com/dogs/is-peanut-butter-safe-for-dogs

1 week later
#2857 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Life is just better with dogs

Fact!

#2874 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

We have lots and foxes over here . They set traps for them where we walk our dogs . I found one caught in a bear trap , I went to free him , he tried to bite me a couple of times but then realised I was trying to help . I eventually got the trap off him and he ran off into the bush . Foxes cause so much damage here , killing the native wildlife . But I wouldn't be able to live with myself leaving him like that , those traps are so crule .

You're a good man Charlie Brown.

#2909 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sam loves the Titan pinball pinmat.
[quoted image]

He sure does. I think you lost that one and will need to order another one.

2 weeks later
#2995 3 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Amazon driver making delivery hears commotion in backyard. Peeks over fence to see 14yr old husky struggling to keep head above water. So he jumps in to save it. Owners were away from home at the time but animal control person lived down the street from them and knew the dog so contacted the owners after arriving to the call. The driver stayed with the dog for over an hour while waiting for the animal control to arrive. The dog being a senior, has issues with it's back legs so it would have drowned for sure if the driver wasn't there.

Wish I could give this post 1000 thumbs up.

#3002 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

This guy was sunning himself near the pier yesterday . We have lots of seals in the bay but it's rare to see one on the beach .
Seals , dogs of the sea .

Are they friendly or mean?

#3008 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

They're more friendly than mean , they won't chase you or

Dont be a pussy, try to pet one! What's the worst that could happen, he latches on and drags you into the ocean?

#3011 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

My wife said she would pat one . I don't know if she's braver or sillier than me , she is blond though

They look harmless but so do a lot of other animals that will eat you alive. Kinda like my Basset Hound, hes ferocious!

#3033 3 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

My buddy Ruby, getting to be an old girl now.
[quoted image]

Beautiful....senior dogs are special.

1 month later
#3196 3 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Princess the 100lbs lap dog.
[quoted image]

Holy crap you got a horse living in your house!

#3200 3 years ago
Quoted from mtn-:

I sometime feel I should get a second dog, so I could post here more often.

I am going to rescue a 2nd dog when I retire in a couple of months. My dog needs a companion and I need another one also!

#3208 3 years ago

buddha is a lil shit

Awesome dogs, I especially like the little tan one!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 69.00
$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dogs-rule?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.