pasted_image (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_140129112 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240411_134922266 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240410_111848243 (resized).jpg
20231112_174813.jpg
IMG_4680 (resized).jpg
IMG_7562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7563 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,032 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 141.
#2351 3 years ago

TigerLaw you are slipping here, where's the Megatron's latest adventure?? We need the "colorful" version of his exploits.

#2352 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

They sure look like inseparable buddies loving life and having a ball together!

Yep , they are brother and sister , Maremma cross German shepherd . We have had them since pups and they can't stand to be separated . We have about 10 places locally to walk them from the bush to Lakes to the sea . They are spoilt rotten and I wouldn't have it any other way . Here is a couple pictures of their mum and dad .

IMG_20170702_202557 (resized).jpgIMG_20170702_202557 (resized).jpgIMG_20170702_202640 (resized).jpgIMG_20170702_202640 (resized).jpg
#2353 3 years ago

It's time I post this. 2015 was an absolutely horrible year for me. Among way too much other crap that year, within a six-week period I lost my last remaining aunt, my dog Buddy, and my mother. Threes. And a devastatingly decimating set of three it was.

That's Buddy in the picture with Santa. Full-sized pure bred chihuahua. A real loverboy and ever playful. Always quiet, never one of those constant yappers. But extremely alert - nothing snuck past this four-pawed security alarm.

It's taken me the better part of 5 years to get to the point that I did in early March 2020 where I felt I was ready for another dog. Buddy was my first small dog, having only owned basset hounds all my life (three of them over the years starting from when I was six years old.) It didn't take long to see some of the advantages of a smaller dog once I had Buddy, especially as I grew older along side of him. So I decided that, when it's time, I'd get another small dog.

It's time.

To spare you hearing (and me reliving) the details in the interim, I'll skip to the end: the brother and sister pups in the second picture were born on March 31st. The female (black, in the background) was already spoken for when I stumbled upon them, so I'm taking the chocolate and tan male in the foreground. He'll be ready to come home in June. Fine with me - there's a lot of puppy-proofing to be done before then. And you always miss something; typically lots of somethings.

Haven't thought of a name for him yet. I do have a few candidate names on my list, but I always wait until they've settled in, we bond, and I see more of their personality before I finally choose a name. Buddy was called "puppy" for nearly a month until one day mom asked "So how's your buddy?" That did it. Don't know if something like that will happen this time, but I want to give him that same opportunity to effectively choose his own name.

The only thing I haven't mentioned is his breed. So to make this at least a few seconds of fun, let's see how long it takes the first person to post the breed of these siblings. One clue: they are NOT chihuahuas.

Buddy With Santa (resized).jpgBuddy With Santa (resized).jpgIt's Time (resized).jpegIt's Time (resized).jpeg

#2354 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I took a few pictures and made a calendar for family this Christmas . So here are a few pictures of Doug and Daisy . Also I would like to give a shout-out to @Who-Day for reminding me what is important in life .[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

One of your dogs looks exactly like Max!!

D10D58D7-F960-4402-B851-BA03C5F840D2 (resized).jpegD10D58D7-F960-4402-B851-BA03C5F840D2 (resized).jpegFB877B9D-034F-4B6F-A2F2-36239A673C2A (resized).jpegFB877B9D-034F-4B6F-A2F2-36239A673C2A (resized).jpegCBF7833C-5039-4915-978F-798B038072D4 (resized).jpegCBF7833C-5039-4915-978F-798B038072D4 (resized).jpegFEE3A983-037F-4FF2-AE87-12C3E6411A13 (resized).jpegFEE3A983-037F-4FF2-AE87-12C3E6411A13 (resized).jpeg
#2355 3 years ago

I am completely protected from any squirrel or frog who might try to harm us.

20200503_170330 (resized).jpg20200503_170330 (resized).jpg
#2356 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

It's time I post this. 2015 was an absolutely horrible year for me. Among way too much other crap that year, within a six-week period I lost my last remaining aunt, my dog Buddy, and my mother. Threes. And a devastatingly decimating set of three it was.
That's Buddy in the picture with Santa. Full-sized pure bred chihuahua. A real loverboy and ever playful. Always quiet, never one of those constant yappers. But extremely alert - nothing snuck past this four-pawed security alarm.
It's taken me the better part of 5 years to get to the point that I did in early March 2020 where I felt I was ready for another dog. Buddy was my first small dog, having only owned basset hounds all my life (three of them over the years starting from when I was six years old.) It didn't take long to see some of the advantages of a smaller dog once I had Buddy, especially as I grew older along side of him. So I decided that, when it's time, I'd get another small dog.
It's time.
To spare you hearing (and me reliving) the details in the interim, I'll skip to the end: the brother and sister pups in the second picture were born on March 31st. The female (black, in the background) was already spoken for when I stumbled upon them, so I'm taking the chocolate and tan male in the foreground. He'll be ready to come home in June. Fine with me - there's a lot of puppy-proofing to be done before then. And you always miss something; typically lots of somethings.
Haven't thought of a name for him yet. I do have a few candidate names on my list, but I always wait until they've settled in, we bond, and I see more of their personality before I finally choose a name. Buddy was called "puppy" for nearly a month until one day mom asked "So how's your buddy?" That did it. Don't know if something like that will happen this time, but I want to give him that same opportunity to effectively choose his own name.
The only thing I haven't mentioned is his breed. So to make this at least a few seconds of fun, let's see how long it takes the first person to post the breed of these siblings. One clue: they are NOT chihuahuas.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Mini Dobie?

#2357 3 years ago

Nope.

#2358 3 years ago

Lab/terrier mix?

#2359 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Lab/terrier mix?

Nope.

#2360 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I took a few pictures and made a calendar for family this Christmas . So here are a few pictures of Doug and Daisy . Also I would like to give a shout-out to @Who-Day for reminding me what is important in life .[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the kind words. Beautiful dogs you have there!!

#2361 3 years ago

Enjoying the nice weather. It's hard to keep him out of the pool.

20200516_161010 (resized).jpg20200516_161010 (resized).jpg
#2363 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

post the breed of these siblings.

Rotty

#2364 3 years ago

Sorry, but no to both.

Another hint: They are NOT teacup anythings. But they will be small as adults.

#2365 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

It's time.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh, man. I am a pushover for eyebrows. He looks just like Brittany when she was a pup. I still don't know what she is, some kind of terrier mix. She just hit 22lbs and is 7 years old (this month). I hope he's better behaved than shes is. She is a sweetheart and affectionate. But she is a hard headed little shit!

#2366 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Sorry, but no to both.
Another hint: They are NOT teacup anythings. But they will be small as adults.

Mini pinchers?

#2367 3 years ago

Nope. But when they have black and golden brown markings they are dead ringers for a minpin.

#2368 3 years ago

I’m officially out of ideas. Haha

#2369 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

One of your dogs looks exactly like Max!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They sure do look the same , they even like to sit on the couch the same way with their legs crossed .

#2370 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

They sure do look the same , they even like to sit on the couch the same way with their legs crossed .

We always say, “wow he’s so proper.” Haha

#2371 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

We always say, “wow he’s so proper.” Haha

We must think alike , we say the same thing "she's such a lady "

IMG20200517193824 (resized).jpgIMG20200517193824 (resized).jpg
#2372 3 years ago

Lucie hears Her dinner being prepared. Seems to be worth interrupting Her nap.

20200520_183942 (resized).jpg20200520_183942 (resized).jpg
#2373 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

We must think alike , we say the same thing "she's such a lady "[quoted image]

Haha. Sweet girl. Max has a cropped tail which is interesting. We may be adopting a kid just like him next month if all the heart worm treatment he’s going through goes well. They look so alike I hope this new dog has a full tail so we can tell them apart. Haha

#2374 3 years ago

It was a pretty nice day yesterday, so we took the boys for a walk!

2 dogs (resized).jpg2 dogs (resized).jpg
#2375 3 years ago

Doug and Daisy were having tug of war with a bunny tonight , it managed to survive - but many haven't .

IMG_20200521_205011 (resized).jpgIMG_20200521_205011 (resized).jpgIMG20200521205937 (resized).jpgIMG20200521205937 (resized).jpg
#2376 3 years ago
Quoted from Duke-:

I am completely protected from any squirrel or frog who might try to harm us.
[quoted image]

We don't have squirrels or frogs - but we do have possums and neighbours cats .
It's a nice feeling there's someone looking out for us .

IMG_2027 (resized).jpgIMG_2027 (resized).jpgIMG_20200521_230142 (resized).jpgIMG_20200521_230142 (resized).jpg
#2377 3 years ago

It doubled posted

#2378 3 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

so we took the boys for a walk!

Never knew Corgis had such long tails.

#2379 3 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

It's a pity so many dog breeds have had their tails docked , naturally all dogs have beautiful tails .

#2380 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It's a pity so many dog breeds have had their tails docked , naturally all dogs have beautiful tails .

Some breeds will chew their own tails, I know that’s why Weimeraners tails are docked

#2381 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Some breeds will chew their own tails, I know that’s why Weimeraners tails are docked

That's weird , I've seen Weimeraners with tails , I've always heard dogs have had their tails docked because they're " working dogs " .
( I'm not saying you are wrong , I just haven't heard that before )

#2382 3 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

There are two types of Corgis.

Pembroke Corgis are a little smaller, have smaller ears and no tails. They are the most commonly seen.
Cardigan Corgis are bigger and have tails.
I have always had Cardigans...……….I like dogs with tails!!

#2383 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Had a boxer that he developed a sore on the top of his tail and since they are so hard, he kept banging it on hard objects and the wound never would heal.

So we cropped his tail as an adult.

It’s always been my understanding that certain breeds just have them cropped at birth, but not sure the reasons outside of it being the “thing” with that breed.

#2384 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That's weird , I've seen Weimeraners with tails , I've always heard dogs have had their tails docked because they're " working dogs " .
( I'm not saying you are wrong , I just haven't heard that before )

I was told this by the breeder, she still tries to chew on her docked tail, interestingly it looks like docking is banned in Australia?

#2385 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

interestingly it looks like docking is banned in Australia?

Yes , as far as I'm aware we changed the law so you can't dock tails except for medical reasons . For example , growing up you would never see a Rottweiler with a tail and now you do and they look so beautiful .

#2386 3 years ago

Googled this :
There are only 7 dog breeds that naturally have no tail.
Australian Stumpy Tail Cattle dog.
Boston Terrier.
Braque du Burbonnais.
Brittany Spaniel.
English Bulldog.
French Bulldog.
Pembroke Welsh Corgi.

#2387 3 years ago

Danny Boy stays in his playpen when the vacuum comes out. He’s not a fan of the vacuum.

EA802B26-D18E-46AF-A91D-C12463BD0D8F (resized).jpegEA802B26-D18E-46AF-A91D-C12463BD0D8F (resized).jpeg
#2388 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Danny Boy stays in his playpen when the vacuum comes out. He’s not a fan of the vacuum.
[quoted image]

Or hair dryer, I’d bet

#2389 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Or hair dryer, I’d bet

You’d win that bet.

#2390 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

[quoted image]

Hes in his safe zone.

#2391 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

"...……. He’s not a fan of the vacuum."

The Corgis have destroyed the hose and powerhead of our vacuum.
They are not vacuum fans either.

#2392 3 years ago

Irony?

DV (resized).pngDV (resized).png
#2393 3 years ago

And then you have the dogs that will ride the roomba around the house. Haha

#2394 3 years ago

It's weird , my dog's don't mind the vacuum but they run and hide in the bedroom when I mow the lawn .

#2395 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

A Roomba???

There wouldn't be a moments peace if I let one of those loose in my house.
I don't know what would happen first......it would go about three feet and then clog. Corgis shed just a little....
or they would rip it apart...…..in any case, not a good idea for me.

#2396 3 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

A Roomba???
There wouldn't be a moments peace if I let one of those loose in my house.
I don't know what would happen first......it would go about three feet and then clog. Corgis shed just a little....
or they would rip it apart...…..in any case, not a good idea for me.

A roomba would make it about 2’ from its docking station and then be destroyed at my house.

#2397 3 years ago

I wouldn't totally dismiss trying a roomba.

The vacuum is also my pup's mortal enemy. It's got a healthy amount of duct tape holding it together where he's attacked it. As a result I too thought the roomba would just get demolished. Well I got one recently, and my pup couldn't care less about it.

#2398 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

And then you have dogs that literally have the crap scared out of them and the roomba drags it everywhere.

There are posts on Pinside of this type of catastrophe.

LTG : )

#2399 3 years ago

My dog will let the roomba bounce off of him and change directions. He just completely ignores it.

#2400 3 years ago

Mine lays there and as the roomba gets closer, she lets out this huge sigh and groan, gets up and moves to the other side of the room. Repeat, repeat, repeat

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 69.00
$ 10.00
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,032 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 141.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dogs-rule/page/48?hl=jaydee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.