pasted_image (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240411_140129112 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240411_134922266 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240410_111848243 (resized).jpg
20231112_174813.jpg
IMG_4680 (resized).jpg
IMG_7562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7563 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,032 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 141.
#101 9 years ago

Here's my pharaoh hound Skooli. He smiles, he blushes, he jumps sideways. Love that dog.
DSCN1462.JPGDSCN1462.JPG

#102 9 years ago

Belle the dog and Scruffy the cat...

belle.jpgbelle.jpg

kitty.jpgkitty.jpg

#103 9 years ago

catman...avatar is mine, she stands whenever you walk up to her and pulls your hand in to scratch her ears..

#104 9 years ago

BALANCE-modified.jpgBALANCE-modified.jpg

not mine but wanted to post.

#105 9 years ago

Here is my Great Dane Raiden. He is about 2 and a half now.

IMG_0216.JPGIMG_0216.JPG

IMG_0217.JPGIMG_0217.JPG

IMG_0218.JPGIMG_0218.JPG

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from EZG:

Here's my pharaoh hound Skooli. He smiles, he blushes, he jumps sideways. Love that dog.

DSCN1462.JPG 194 KB

Just when you think you know everything, you learn something new. Never seen this breed but I love it. Very unique and beautiful dog.

#107 9 years ago

Not my dog, but I think he rocks!
park_pic-393.pngpark_pic-393.png

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from SSrig:

Boxers rule!

Yes they do we have 4 boxers

P6140007.jpgP6140007.jpg

001.JPG001.JPG

#109 9 years ago

Great thread! Here's my chocolate lab, Sam, when he was a youngster.

Sam_pup .JPGSam_pup .JPG

#110 9 years ago

I don't have a pic but I have a Boxer who's name is Fisher but we wound up calling him Fii Fii. I never liked dogs till I got him but he is my best friend ever. I too would give him years of my life to keep him around for the rest of mine. I love him dearly. I also have Lucy who is a American Bulldog or a Boxer/Bulldog mix. She is a street puppy who walked up the driveway of my car dealership. I usually run them away but I didn't have the heart to run her off. She was beaten and scared and pretty much a goner. Now she's my girl. I have to keep her at work but she gets as much love as I can give her.

1 week later
#111 9 years ago

Pics attached of my girl, the forever grateful stray Angelica.

Found her endlessly circling the rows of cars in a grocery store parking lot 11 years ago last Christmas Eve (after being evidently dumped by her owners).

Major one-owner dog (guards me like Secret Service).

Found out through testing her predominant breed is uncommon here in the U.S.: Black Norwegian Elkhound.

Kind of resembles a Black German Shepard (but she's only 48-pounds).

Guards that Hedge Hog like Mini Me .

DSC01043a.jpgDSC01043a.jpg

DSC01201a.jpgDSC01201a.jpg

#112 9 years ago

Late to the party but I like the idea here. They live the good life to say the least.

image-787.jpgimage-787.jpg image-3.jpgimage-3.jpg image-166.jpgimage-166.jpg image-497.jpgimage-497.jpg image-798.jpgimage-798.jpg
#113 9 years ago

macieandbo2.JPGmacieandbo2.JPG

Bo & Macie

#114 9 years ago

Great thread, I love my Bella Boo!

IMG_20130201_121227_662.jpgIMG_20130201_121227_662.jpg
#115 9 years ago

Here's Maggie, our female Great Pyrenees. We got her from the local humane society about three years back, if I recall correctly? I've had a few dogs, but trying to be objective as I can be as an owner, she is as close to perfect as I've seen. Good with people, great with kids, wasn't a chow hound (save for one time when we were having Indian food and she high-tailed it with a chunk of Naan bread), didn't bark for the first year or so we had her. I one time left her out and went to a football game; no big deal; no noise or complaints from the neighbours. Total sweetheart. Just wants to be your friend.image-390.jpgimage-390.jpg

And here's Carl. My girlfriend refers to Carl as "all boy". He drools, he farts, he drinks out of the toilet. Real lover of a dog, but takes a while to get warmed up to people. The first time my Mom visited after we got him, he growled at her for two hours. Then he decided they were friends, and slept next to her bed that night. Pyrenees are bred to protect sheep, so he views a lot of strangers as threats, and then he decides they're okay, and loves them. Seems he's smarter than me; for a little while, he'd start barking at 4:30 in the morning and wake me up (he has a HUGE bark; he was barking one day and I could hear him three or four houses down the street, and he was inside). So, I'd wake up, get him to quiet down, and go take a leak. By the time I was back from the can, he'd be sleeping in my spot in bed.

image-230.jpgimage-230.jpg

Love the daylights out of both of them.

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Ah........There are more pinheads that are smart and have Shepherds. Good looking shepherd!

I have 4 GSDs and am a founding member of GSROC.

http://www.gsroc.org/2013/index.gsr

We rescue and rehome about 400 GSDs a year now.

Here is Enzo.

Zober 007.jpgZober 007.jpg

This is Senta.

gsd.jpggsd.jpg

This is Kitri.

carddump6 104.jpgcarddump6 104.jpg

#118 9 years ago

Vice President of MEZELmods, meet Orson. Yes, I do work just a bit harder than he does.

image-58.jpgimage-58.jpg

#119 9 years ago

I love my baby! She likes laying under my pins when I play them, and following me everywhere! People always yell "Hey Spuds" whenever we are at a stoplight in my truck.

IMAG0022.jpgIMAG0022.jpg CAM00028-1.jpgCAM00028-1.jpg
#120 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Guinness and Zoey, our goofball rescues.
Guinness was a bait dog, found wandering in a parking lot in Newark on St. Patrick's Day (hence the name). We actually were fostering him after the rescue got him back from the vet and after a couple of weeks we knew we couldn't let him go, so we adopted him. We don't know Zoey's backstory, but when she ran out of her foster home chased by the four Great Danes she was living with and into my son's arms, we knew she was ours.

g+z.jpg 255 KB

Best picture ever!

#121 9 years ago

76790_1597561252524_366305_n.jpg76790_1597561252524_366305_n.jpg
Orson (aka Troy Palamalu) and I celebrating Halloween-- couldn't resist :0)

#122 9 years ago

That's a big crew! Good on you for taking in so many!

This is our rescue Chato. A Neopolitan mastiff. Previous owners bleached his eyes and broke his back legs to make him a bait dog. Considering what he's been through, he's a gentle giant.
photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPG

Memphis and Nibbles are brother pitbull mix rescues. Or as they call the small pits, pibbles.
photo 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG
photo 3.JPGphoto 3.JPG

Niko and Xena are brother and sister Sarplaninac. My wife had wanted one since visiting her parents home country of Serbia.
photo 4.JPGphoto 4.JPG

And this is one of our 3 rescue cats Tater who likes to eat with the dogs.
photo 5.JPGphoto 5.JPG

#123 9 years ago

Chato is a cutie. Miss our families mastiffs dearly. Such great dogs!

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Found her endlessly circling the rows of cars in a grocery store parking lot 11 years ago last Christmas Eve (after being evidently dumped by her owners).

If I could give you ten thumbs up for rescuing a dog I would. Glad she has a good home.

#125 9 years ago

Wow, great dogs. Love em all.

Here's my new Brittany pup a few months back just before settling in for a short nap. And another rare pic of my two Britts who are usually busy chasing any small animal that moves. Squirrel!

IMG_20140301_214125.JPGIMG_20140301_214125.JPG IMG_20140128_210151.jpgIMG_20140128_210151.jpg
#126 9 years ago

My boy Luke. Lost him in 2010 after a year long battle with cancer, and a personal hell I never wish to repeat. He meant everything to me.

image-969.jpgimage-969.jpg.

Luke taught his new little brother (Oscar) everything. They shadowed each other day & night.

image-267.jpgimage-267.jpg

image-925.jpgimage-925.jpg

image-516.jpgimage-516.jpg

Luke's last meal, a jar of peanut butter and a new rawhide bone. His body was riddled with cancer, and he had a leg amputated a few months prior. He could no longer stand and the vet said it was time. Effin agony.

image-753.jpgimage-753.jpg

So it's been four years now, Oscar is a gem. He has his own little brother to teach. Dexter is a bit special, half whippet/beagle. All sorts of interesting behaviors in this mix.

image-777.jpgimage-777.jpg

Dex's Mom dresses him up sometimes with custom bandanas and things like this:

image-200.jpgimage-200.jpg

My wife just brought me this t-shirt ... This about sums it up:

image-145.jpgimage-145.jpg

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

Best picture ever!

The photog, www.valeriebruder.com, is wonderful - she donates a lot of her time and expertise to rescue organizations, photographing their dogs to help them find their forever homes.

We joked beforehand that we'd probably have lots of pics of Guinness blowing drool bubbles and Zoey darting out of frame - and in that pic we got both.

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

My boy Luke. Lost him in 2010 after a year long battle with cancer, and a personal hell I never wish to repeat. He meant everything to me.

I feel your pain Brian. It's almost 4 years since I had my dog Pongo put down. 18 years she was my friend and companion.

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Major one-owner dog (guards me like Secret Service).
Found out through testing her predominant breed is fairly uncommon here in the U.S.: Black Norwegian Elkhound.
Kind of resembles a Black German Shepard (but she's only 48-pounds).
Guards that Hedge Hog like Mini Me .

Norwegian! Must be a fantastic dog with that heritage!

DSC01043a.jpg 140 KB

DSC01201a.jpg 94 KB

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

If I could give you ten thumbs up for rescuing a dog I would. Glad she has a good home.

Many thanks Derron.

Strays are so helpless and vulnerable and need our help so badly--and they make the most loyal friends for life once in their forever home!

One trick I learned to help save Strays by gaining their trust is to keep some Kibble in a zip lock and paper plates in your trunk (that's how I got my girl in the car that day):

Served her a meal & did my grocery shopping, came out and she was still circling giant rows of cars endlessly looking for her owner (no tags of course or subsequent response to newspaper ad).

After a ton of coaxing with me in the back seat she still wouldn't jump in...had to pick her up eventually and put her in.

(If they're too scared to go with you and run off, just leave the much-needed meal...I've seen them double back and eat it!)

Now time for a Milk Bone (anticipation shot followed by all-biz/locked-on ).

IMG-20130428-00033.jpgIMG-20130428-00033.jpg
IMG-20130428-00034.jpgIMG-20130428-00034.jpg

#131 9 years ago

Glad this thread is getting tons of pics. I love all the dogs. Thanks for sharing and special hanks to all the rescuers!

#132 9 years ago

Love this thread! Our pups really give us so much joy! Here is Roxy last fall, enjoying the Autumn Air!!

photo-Roxy.jpgphoto-Roxy.jpg
#133 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Glad this thread is getting tons of pics. I love all the dogs. Thanks for sharing and special thanks to all the rescuers!

I agree, glad to see so many rescue dogs. I didn't say mine was when I posted, but she is as all the pits before her were. Pinsiders Rock!

IMG_20130106_202036_471.jpgIMG_20130106_202036_471.jpg
#134 9 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

Yes they do we have 4 boxers

That's freaking awesome!

Quoted from NM:

Now time for a Milk Bone (anticipation shot followed by all-biz/locked-on ).

She's so happy! Gotta love that.

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

Norwegian! Must be a fantastic dog with that heritage!

She's great thanks--funny thing is I never even heard of a Black Norwegian Elkhound before her DNA test results came back! Wikipedia states the breed is very rare outside the Nordic countries of Scandinavia; breed link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Norwegian_Elkhound

BTW, if you're unsure about what breed your dog is, I highly recommend Wisdom Panel for DNA Testing:

http://www.wisdompanel.com/wisdom-panel-2-0/

It's only $79.99 and highly effective: all they had was a swab of my dog's saliva (no other information at all), and if you click on the Wikipedia link above, you'll see the dog in the link is a dead ringer for my girl!

It was so great to finally find out what she is (I always thought she was some kind of small German Shepard mix or something)!

2_0.png2_0.png

#136 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgMy son and his dog. German short haired pointer. It's not my dog, but it's an awesome dog, and since I don't have one I call him my dog.

Note: no animals were harmed in the making of this picture, even though it looks like my son is killing him.
Sometimes the dog has the upper hand when he sleeps.

#137 9 years ago

Orson is a rescue too. He went through two familys because he was a PITA. We have had him for about 7 or 8 years, he definitely found the right crazy family.

image-296.jpgimage-296.jpg

#138 9 years ago

This is Oliver; a Coton De Tulear. Such a great dog.

DSC00187.JPGDSC00187.JPG

#139 9 years ago

Gomez (r.i.p.) getting a face cleaning from Zuko. He was laughably tolerant of that cat. Gomezzuko.jpgGomezzuko.jpg

and Then we got Lando. All rescue animals. Lando.jpgLando.jpg

#140 9 years ago

Cheers to all the dog lovers...

image-698.jpgimage-698.jpg

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Cheers to all the dog lovers...

image-698.jpg 26 KB

Nice! Going to steal this and put it on an image of one of our dogs, and send it to the wife. Thanks for the idea!

EDIT: TADA!!

Chato.jpgChato.jpg

#143 9 years ago

Rodney "no respect" yellow lab and Rad fox red lab. Two best dogs of my lifetime. Rad had a accident ten days ago and had to have part of his tail amputated but is now on the mend and feeling good again.

014.JPG014.JPG
#144 9 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Rad had a accident ten days ago and had to have part of his tail amputated but is now on the mend and feeling good again.

014.JPG 128 KB

LOL...sorry...do tell! Poor pup! Glad to hear he's back on track.

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

Nice! Going to steal this and put it on an image of one of our dogs, and send it to the wife. Thanks for the idea!
EDIT: TADA!!

Chato.jpg 42 KB

Awesome, nice work!

#146 9 years ago

I'll include Picts of my best buddy here. Fanta, my dog attended his first Pin A Go Go this year. I had him out each morning and took him back to the hotel after lunch. He's the sweetest calmest poodle ever. Some of you might have pet him there.image.jpgimage.jpgimage-992.jpgimage-992.jpg

#147 9 years ago

top dog pound pup.
he's a little bit of everything, like me & my 'ol lady
perfect match
he also thinks the Tron pin rocks, but can't reach the flipper buttons, so is a little miffed by that.

dog-1.jpgdog-1.jpg

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Our precious dachshund, Lance. He's 10 years old and has the typical back problems associated with the breed. Early last year, he temporarily lost the use of his back legs for almost three months. It was very tough but after a lot of rest, pills and cleaning up his poop bucket (a large Rubbermaid pan) he started to gain the use again. Now, the wife and I have to not let him get too excited because he'll run around like a nut. He doesn't realize his limitations. Winters are always the hardest but he made it through another one without an issue.

image.jpg 109 KB

image-294.jpg 55 KB

My dachshund is almost 10 and has ruptured a disc twice. Both times he lost control of his lower half. Check out VOM (veterinary orthopedic manipulation) and see if anyone does it around you. I got amazing results from it both times and he isn't in any pain now. It's been a few years since the last incident.

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

My dachshund is almost 10 and has ruptured a disc twice. Both times he lost control of his lower half. Check out VOM (veterinary orthopedic manipulation) and see if anyone does it around you. I got amazing results from it both times and he isn't in any pain now. It's been a few years since the last incident.

Dude, it's been one year to the day since Millie went in for a ruptured disc. Please to God tell me you're not letting him climb anything or jumping off of anything higher than a toothpick?

To everyone who owns a long dog like a Dachshund, Basset Hound, etc....take care of your dog early in its life. Do NOT let it jump off of couches, go up or down stairs, etc. Once in a while is fine but don't let it become a habit. Or, you'll end up like me and Winteriscoming.

Also, you'll be out $4-5K per pop. When Millie went in last year on the Sunday before Memorial Day, there were 3 other Dachshunds in there for the exact same surgery the day before Memorial Day. In addition, DO NOT WAIT! Your dog will have what is know as "deep pain." Your dog may not yelp or be in pain but they are. This is a VERY small window in which you must get him/her in for surgery. Khabbi can attest as well on this.

#150 9 years ago

My Jack Russell bitch Ruby as a puppy last December. Hadn't had a dog for many years and have fallen hard for this one while watching her grow up.

DSC_7478.JPGDSC_7478.JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 10.00
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

There are 7,032 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 141.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dogs-rule/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.