PXL_20240322_164232590.MP (resized).jpg
20240322_095300 (resized).jpg
IMG_6261 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240321_115607232 (resized).jpg
IMG-20240321-WA0001 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240321_093911392 (resized).jpg
20240320_144557 (resized).jpg
20240320_143721 (resized).jpg

There are 6,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 140.
#1001 6 years ago

My dog Diesel last year resting on the cool grass on a hot day.

DSCF0224 (resized).JPGDSCF0224 (resized).JPG

DSCF0223 (resized).JPGDSCF0223 (resized).JPG

#1002 6 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

My dogs have ripped every “indestructible” stuffed animal toy to shreds in less than a day ... usually an hour or less.

Mine eat 4x2. I have had some success with Aussie Dog products. They make things for zoo animal as well as dogs and there's been some crossover. eg. Their staffie ball was originally designed for lions, tigers and polar bears. We've got one that's still going almost 2 years on.

#1003 6 years ago
Quoted from McPin54:

Looking for a stuffed animal toy that won't be ripped to shreds in less than a day! Is there even such a toy /brand? For large dog.
Thanks

My wife ordered from BARKBOX, very sturdy and been here a week. But One smaller item was gutted in a day and they are sending out replacement from their large dog list. We have a Golden Retriever, English Bulldog and Beagle-Corgi mix. And it was Jack the mix puppy that tore it up, sharp teeth. In the past we bought stuffed animals 3/$1.00 at the Salvation Army store. Theose were prone to distruction. Emma who passed last month would chew the eyes off off them and the gut her blind prey.

#1004 6 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Circa 1981. Me and my first dog, Winston.

A boy and his dog, that's authentic Americana right there.

You should have that photo made into a painting.

#1005 6 years ago

Do male dogs shread toys much more than females?
Our two girls are the first 2 female dogs I've had, and they don't shred anything.

All the different male mixes, have.

#1006 6 years ago
Quoted from McPin54:

Looking for a stuffed animal toy that won't be ripped to shreds in less than a day! Is there even such a toy /brand? For large dog.
Thanks

Keep in mind that by gutting those stuffed toys the dog is satisfying it's prey drive. If you get toys they can't destroy, it might not be interesting to the dog for very long.

Occasionally, we make up what we call "treasure boxes". Pieces of scrap paper, put in a piece of kibble or treat, scrunched into a ball and pushed into a cardboard box. An empty tissue box with the plastic removed works well, but can be any box really. Give to dog, dog has great time ripping out paper balls and destroying them to find the bits of kibble. The waste paper goes in the compost afterwards. Once they've got the idea, not every piece of paper needs kibble and that seems to be more like a poker machine payout for the dog. nope-nope-nope-nope-YES!

Tends to move their focus away from destroying other things a bit.

#1007 6 years ago

Maverick the HEP shop dog is growing like a weed. Likes sitting on the workbench eating crackers. image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Tearing up Materimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Being reeled in by Mama
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1008 6 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Maverick the HEP shop dog is growing like a weed. Likes sitting on the workbench eating crackers.
Tearing up Mater
Being reeled in by Mama

When I see your dog he reminds me of this:
kirk-spock-tribbles (resized).jpgkirk-spock-tribbles (resized).jpg

#1009 6 years ago
Quoted from ajfclark:

Keep in mind that by gutting those stuffed toys the dog is satisfying it's prey drive. If you get toys they can't destroy, it might not be interesting to the dog for very long.
Occasionally, we make up what we call "treasure boxes". Pieces of scrap paper, put in a piece of kibble or treat, scrunched into a ball and pushed into a cardboard box. An empty tissue box with the plastic removed works well, but can be any box really. Give to dog, dog has great time ripping out paper balls and destroying them to find the bits of kibble. The waste paper goes in the compost afterwards. Once they've got the idea, not every piece of paper needs kibble and that seems to be more like a poker machine payout for the dog. nope-nope-nope-nope-YES!
Tends to move their focus away from destroying other things a bit.

Great idea. Thank you!

#1010 6 years ago

Mother-in-law just picked up this cutie last week, Yukon.

YUKON (resized).jpgYUKON (resized).jpg

#1011 6 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

Cricket is a min pin-Chihuahua mix and Lola is just a mutt.

That is okay Lola. We know Cricket is a mutt too.

LTG : )

#1012 6 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Maverick the HEP shop dog is growing like a weed. Likes sitting on the workbench eating crackers.
Tearing up Mater
Being reeled in by Mama

Man does that thing look like an ewok.

#1013 6 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Mother-in-law just picked up this cutie last week, Yukon.

I like Siberian Huskies too, but the cost that I've seen is $700-$1,000. Dog or Pin? Can't decide.

#1014 6 years ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

I like Siberian Huskies too, but the cost that I've seen is $700-$1,000. Dog or Pin? Can't decide.

I love Huskies. I've had a couple myself. If it came to a dog or a pin for the same price, dog for sure. Initial price for a dog means little to me. It's all the costs after that. Even then it's worth every penny.

#1015 6 years ago

The upfront costs of any pet, (cat or dog)
is small compared to the cumulative care costs incurred annually;
what with food, shots, license, toys, flea/worm control, (litter for cats), pet sitters,
other misc vet bills and probable damage to home.

I love my animals
but there are times when i wonder if is all worth it;
then that tail wags or lick to the face
or gentle purr and snuggle
wash all those concerns and worries away.

#1016 6 years ago
Quoted from McPin54:

Great idea. Thank you!

You're welcome. If you make one, let us know how it goes.

#1017 6 years ago

20171110_144805 (resized).png20171110_144805 (resized).png

Screenshot_20171110-144839 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171110-144839 (resized).png

#1018 6 years ago

Warming up my side of the bed for me

20161101_092718.jpg20161101_092718.jpg

#1019 6 years ago

Jack's first Birthday..cake and a winter sweater.

FB_IMG_1510540848935 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1510540848935 (resized).jpg

FB_IMG_1510540865512 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1510540865512 (resized).jpg

FB_IMG_1510540871931 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1510540871931 (resized).jpg

#1020 6 years ago

Dexter doing what he does best.

C69E50BD-BEB3-455E-8105-0E2957EEE9F3 (resized).jpegC69E50BD-BEB3-455E-8105-0E2957EEE9F3 (resized).jpeg

#1021 6 years ago

Sleeping dogs are cute. Rubble is sleeping like it's his job.IMG_20171116_232249 (resized).jpgIMG_20171116_232249 (resized).jpg

#1022 6 years ago

Mine tried to sleep on my bed. I woke the little(40kg) turd up

IMG_0879 (resized).JPGIMG_0879 (resized).JPG

#1023 6 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Mine tried to sleep on my bed. I woke the little(40kg) turd up

Looks like a good sleeping partner there old skool. Beautiful dog you have there!

1 week later
#1024 6 years ago

The boys relaxing in the games room yesterday:
20171125_173102 (resized).jpg20171125_173102 (resized).jpg
Doing some target work this morning with a new hula hoop:
24126303_145399752772512_8696294715441545216_n (resized).jpg24126303_145399752772512_8696294715441545216_n (resized).jpg

#1025 6 years ago

I've been dog proofing the house and getting ready for Tuesday. We adopted a beautiful 3-4 year old Basset Hound! The wait is killing us!

#1026 6 years ago

Go Bassets! Congratulations!

(We need a college team, like "Notre Dame Basset Hounds!")

sleeping girls (resized).jpgsleeping girls (resized).jpg

#1027 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Go Bassets! Congratulations!
(We need a college team, like "Notre Dame Basset Hounds!")

Yes they are cool. Just gotta keep them ears clean once a week and do not let them over eat because they can die from bloat so easy. They are awesome dogs though. They can be stubborn B@stards though can’t they?

#1028 6 years ago

Stubborn? Too light a word.

Outright defiance, and rub my face in it!
2 girls here, Jealous of each other.....

Jeez, sound like a lot of people!

#1029 6 years ago

We thought our boxer had killed his silly self thanksgiving day. We fried a turkey for the first time, it was wonderful BTW, and since it was all gone we just put it up on the counter while we cleaned up. We decided to go check out some sales at the local stores and forgot about it. When we got home the doggies had reached all the way to the back of the counter and pulled the carcass off and eaten the whole thing. I just knew he and my daughters dog was dead. The only saving grace was that the leg bones were not there as they had been pulled off and eaten first. Him being ok is definitely something to be thankful for.

#1030 6 years ago

Ours got into trash after thanksgiving but thankfully we threw away all the turkey bones earlier to the garage can.

Also. Here’s a slo mo video of Max showing what he does when we ask him if he wants to go for a car ride.

#1031 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Ours got into trash after thanksgiving but thankfully we threw away all the turkey bones earlier to the garage can.
Also. Here’s a slo mo video of Max showing what he does when we ask him if he wants to go for a car ride.
» YouTube video

Mad Max!

#1032 6 years ago

Well we Finally adopted a Basset Hound, he’s about 3-4 years old they think, and he was a stray that got put in the doggy jail by the dog catcher. I can’t get any good pics yet because he’s so excited to be out of the dog pound that he won’t sit still hardly lol. He’s a good boy and beautiful though. We feel very lucky to have found him......meet Jake!

11B4F177-84CD-47DF-A7B1-B51FAE8B7FFF (resized).jpeg11B4F177-84CD-47DF-A7B1-B51FAE8B7FFF (resized).jpeg

8024EF64-468B-4CC0-8928-F51B5CCBB2E7 (resized).jpeg8024EF64-468B-4CC0-8928-F51B5CCBB2E7 (resized).jpeg

#1033 6 years ago

Oh, hes going to gain weight nicely!

What Joy for you and your family!

#1034 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Oh, hes going to gain weight nicely!
What Joy for you and your family!

Yeah he's too skinny. He only weighs 44 pounds and you can see his ribs pretty good, so he's not been eating well. He's doing good tonight though. I fed him some dog food and then a couple hours later I cooked him a hamburger lol.

He's a great boy though. Ran him by the vet and they cut his nails and he didn't care at all, they stuck their finger up his ass to check for parasites and he didn't care, gave him two shot's and he didn't care, and I cleaned his ears just now and he didn't care about that either. He listens and minds extremely well, gets along with our cats just fine and he doesn't appear to be stubborn or have any aggressiveness in him what so ever like moat Bassets do. We have found one hell of a dog here for sure......unbelievable.

It's been a blessed day. I also think I'm going to have to go back and get Earnest the beagle probably because he loves me. I spent some more time with him today. Jake has also took to Debbie big time and won't leave her side so I may go get Earnest so I can have a dog that loves me also.

Jake is probably going to be the new dogs name but Tucker is a possibility. What do you guys like best, Jake or Tucker? Debbie can't decide. I'm staying out of it because I want her to be the one to name him.

#1035 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah he's too skinny. He only weighs 44 pounds and you can see his ribs pretty good, so he's not been eating well. He's doing good tonight though. I fed him some dog food and then a couple hours later I cooked him a hamburger lol.
He's a great boy though. Ran him by the vet and they cut his nails and he didn't care at all, they stuck their finger up his ass to check for parasites and he didn't care, gave him two shot's and he didn't care, and I cleaneed his ears just now and he didn't care about that either. He listens and minds extremely well, gets along with our cats just fine and he doesn't appear to be stubborn or have any aggressiveness in him what so ever like moat Bassets do. We have found one hell of a dog here for sure......unbelievable.
It's been a.blessed day. I also think I'm going to have to go back and get Earnest the beagle probably becsuse he loved me. I spent some more time with him today. Jake has also took to Debbie big time and won't leave her side so I may go get Earnest so I can have a dog that loves me also.
Jake is probably going to be the new dogs name but Tucker is a possibility. What do you guys like best, Jake or Tucker? Debbie can't decide. I'm staying out of it because I want her to be the one to name him.

Jake.

#1036 6 years ago

Basset hounds dont care about anything!

(except Stern code! )

#1037 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Basset hounds dont care about anything!
(except Stern code! )

And Food!

Which name do you like best Art, Jake or Tucker?

#1039 6 years ago

"Tucker" might sound like something else to others... For example: "GET BACK HERE, TUCKER!" might sound like you are swearing at him
Gary has a nice ring to it then you can say " I really love Gary" lol

#1040 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

"Tucker" might sound like something else to others... For example: "GET BACK HERE, TUCKER!" might sound like you are swearing at him

Same reason I chose, Jake.
Had a friend with an accent, they spelled the dogs name Tucka, to help her, as the "R" was not pronounced fully.
She would stand at the door and yell, "Tucka, Tucka", and all I heard was the F pronunciation!
Kinda funny, but not for her neighbors!

#1041 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well we Finally adopted a Basset Hound, he’s about 3-4 years old they think, and he was a stray that got put in the doggy jail by the dog catcher. I can’t get any good pics yet because he’s so excited to be out of the dog pound that he won’t sit still hardly lol. He’s a good boy and beautiful though. We feel very lucky to have found him......meet Jake!

Nice looking dog, congrats.

#1042 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well we Finally adopted a Basset Hound,

That other dog you were going to get, he find a forever home yet ?

#1043 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Lol Good point, I Never Even Thought Of That. We are just gonna stick with Jake I guess.

#1044 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Nice looking dog, congrats.

Thank you Mike! We are really enjoying him so far. It's hard to live without a dog once you've had one I think.

#1045 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That other dog you were going to get, he find a forever home yet ?

Not yet LTG but i am keeping tabs on him and I very well may go back and get him. The biggest issue right now is my cat hates all other animals and she hasn't came out of her room since we got Jake, and Jake doesnt even bother the cats at all. He is scared of them as a matter of fact so right now I think she is stressed enough at the moment.

She will come around though once she realizes Jake is no threat to her. Earnest the Beagle on the other hand is infatuated with cats and I'm afraid that he will freak her out and she may have trouble adapting to him. There is a very good chance that I will go back for him though but I am hoping that he finds a good home other than ours instead because I have more than enough animals as it is.

#1046 6 years ago

Our 10 week old Springer, Ripley! Great to have a dog again.

IMG_0170 (resized).jpgIMG_0170 (resized).jpg

#1047 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Our 10 week old Springer, Ripley! Great to have a dog again.

Beautiful dog, congrats!

#1048 6 years ago

Best walk ever!!!! Look what I found.
6am walk in total darkness.
Thanks Jimi for pooping where you did! I never would have walked to the area where the bill was.
Went home, grabbed a flashlight and went looking for more but nothing else.

Jimi's getting some gourmet treats or a big steak tonight!!

20171130_074614.jpg20171130_074614.jpg

#1049 6 years ago

Looks like some of that funny money.

$50 MM (resized).png$50 MM (resized).png

#1050 6 years ago

Bassets are the best!

Here is Georgia
She was rescued from Ohio Basset Rescue

GeorgiaReneeCharmichael (2) (resized).jpgGeorgiaReneeCharmichael (2) (resized).jpg

20171019_213629 (resized).jpg20171019_213629 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.95
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
There are 6,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 140.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dogs-rule/page/21?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.