IMG_5291 (resized).jpg
4ABF4982-A6A5-41B0-A070-8BE184BC9999 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1214 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1624936675779 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1683669351122 (resized).jpg
facebook_1713572712522_7187244882423667261 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_195419815 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240419_112144832~2 (resized).jpg
There are 7,052 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 142.
#851 6 years ago

Screenshot_20170828-215248 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170828-215248 (resized).png

He was told he can't watch anymore pinball tonight...hes upset.

#852 6 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

He was told he can't watch anymore pinball tonight...hes upset.

Beautiful.

What breed of dog is he?

#853 6 years ago

The dog playing the machine may be the best dog photo in this entire thread!

#854 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

My weekly Megatron photo:

Always my favorite breed. Your dog is magnificent.

#855 6 years ago

I would agree, dogs rule. We have had dogs all our life.

hate to be a doggie downer.. We lost our 2nd border collie in 2 months. both had full lives and made it to 16+. We had them as pups. Here are pics of the two of them and my moms chiwawa (she passed last year at 17). On the fridge is a pic of my bothers pug. My moms chiwawa loved him.

dogs12 (resized).jpgdogs12 (resized).jpg

dogs14 (resized).jpgdogs14 (resized).jpg

I think its interesting how people can be in denial about their pets and vets just enable them. my brother put the border collie through massive surgery to gain 3 months. After the surgery vet told him that she would have maybe 2 - 4 months more. 2 weeks ago my brother goes to the vet to have her checked for coughing. more xrays and pills and now the dog is a zombie. Vet says a few weeks more and she would end up coughing blood. I told my brother last monday she was suffering and struggling to breath he should put her down. He thinks she is fighting. Come thursday evening, I tell him its time to schedule an appointment. He says no. Friday evening she is really gasping and he takes her to be put down at 1am.

I really don't know if his vets are just evil as I was not part of the conversation with them. But I doubt they would tell him don't do it. I think it was cruel to have the surgery, but it was not my call. But if your dog makes it to 90% life expectancy and it has cancer, don't make it suffer.

we still have 2 border collies who are getting to 14. Both are daughters of the one who died last month. she passed really quickly. So that was a blessing. The father died when he was 4. That one was weird. He was lying by my brother at the computer and all of a sudden he jumped up ran down the hall about 20 feet and before he could get to the door dropped down dead. I think it had to be an aneurysm.

#856 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Beautiful.
What breed of dog is he?

He is a Golden Doodle

#857 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The dog playing the machine may be the best dog photo in this entire thread!

Yeah--now I want to see a video of his death save.

#858 6 years ago

Big mice!

Yes, the dog did this.

big mice 2 (resized).jpgbig mice 2 (resized).jpg

#859 6 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

20170720_202017 (resized).jpg

Hmm, the ball in this machine looks RUFF!

#860 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

what is the pups name?
or u waiting until he gets home.

I think we have a name for him but I am going to wait until he gets home to make it official.

#861 6 years ago

Hello All,

It has been a bit since I posted to this thread, my favorite on a pinball site go figure. I have been meaning to put up a some of pics of my girls since we got the new addition a few weeks back. My avatar is the one I lost a few years back, she just about made it to 13, still think about her every day.

IMG_6458 (resized).JPGIMG_6458 (resized).JPG

IMG_6670 (resized).JPGIMG_6670 (resized).JPG

IMG_6508 (resized).JPGIMG_6508 (resized).JPG

IMG_6767 (resized).JPGIMG_6767 (resized).JPG

#862 6 years ago

Sadly Homer passed away on May 30th :-/ He lived a great 16 years and we miss him so much

#863 6 years ago
Quoted from jsandjs:

I have been meaning to put up a some of pics of my girls since we got the new addition a few weeks back.

Are you going to keep their ears floopy? Cute pups. I have not seen many white boxers...must be a new take on the breed?

#864 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Are you going to keep their ears floopy? Cute pups. I have not seen many white boxers...must be a new take on the breed?

For sure on the ears, not a big fan of croping them. From what I learned, white boxers have been around as long as the breed has usually 20% or so are white but in the past they were put down at birth. Thankfully that has changed over the years.

#865 6 years ago

Here is my best friend. He is supposed to be a boxer but I think there is something else in there. I don't care though. I would never cut on his cute ears. They turn inside out when he runs.

IMG_2582 (resized).JPGIMG_2582 (resized).JPG

IMG_2583 (resized).JPGIMG_2583 (resized).JPG

#866 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Here is my best friend. He is supposed to be a boxer but I think there is something else in there. I don't care though. I would never cut on his cute ears. They turn inside out when he runs.

Looks like a pretty typical fawn boxer. You seem to be feeding him a lot, he's a bit thicker than other boxers. Why do you suspect there is something else in there?

#867 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Looks like a pretty typical fawn boxer. You seem to be feeding him a lot, he's a bit thicker than other boxers. Why do you suspect there is something else in there?

He is huge compared to other boxers and his face does not look like the typical boxer. Yes he is a fatty. We go on a bike ride every day and I give him low fat food but he is still a fatty. But then so am I but I don't eat low fat food. Anyway, I love him and we are never apart when I'm home. The though of him not being with me is heartbreaking.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#868 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Yes he is a fatty. We go on a bike ride every day and I give him low fat food but he is still a fatty. But then so am I but I don't eat low fat food.

My family had a boxer when I was a kid. He was self supplementing his diet by cruising the neighborhood and knocking over trash cans and scavenging. He had a large roaming range back then too, families three blocks away for victims of his diet supplementing routine.

We never really were able to solve the problem. He liked knocking over their trash and and digging stuff out of them...it was his thing.

#869 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

My family had a boxer when I was a kid. He was self supplementing his diet by cruising the neighborhood and knocking over trash cans and scavenging. He had a large roaming range back then too, families three blocks away for victims of his diet supplementing routine.
We never really were able to solve the problem. He liked knocking over their trash and and digging stuff out of them...it was his thing.

Lol this mutt is a eating machine. We have left things on the counter where we knew he couldn't get to it me come home and it was gone. He ate a 5 pound box of chocolates once and 4 pork backstraps that my son and I shot two days before. He has eaten eight big thick ribeye steaks that we were good me to cook for company and I know many other things and has never gotten sick. Oh he ate a entire chicken once and never got sick. But he sure rips ass afterward and everyone has to keep their distance.

#870 6 years ago

Lost my Lucy girl this past week. Brutal... 8.5 year old English bulldog.

IMG_6215 (resized).PNGIMG_6215 (resized).PNG

IMG_6220 (resized).JPGIMG_6220 (resized).JPG

#871 6 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Awe such a sweet girl. Sorry for your loss

#872 6 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

What a sweet heart. I'm sorry for your loss.

LTG : )

#873 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Lol this mutt is a eating machine. We have left things on the counter where we knew he couldn't get to it me come home and it was gone. He ate a 5 pound box of chocolates once and 4 pork backstraps that my son and I shot two days before. He has eaten eight big thick ribeye steaks that we were good me to cook for company and I know many other things and has never gotten sick. Oh he ate a entire chicken once and never got sick

I'd hate to see what your view of a high calorie diet might be!!!!!!!!!!!

#874 6 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

So sorry for your loss, you have deep condolences from me, PavBall and Megatron.

#875 6 years ago

Hate to hear these stories
Sorry for your loss

Dogs are the best!!

No matter what kind of day you have
They are there for you, and always happy to see you.

Unconditional love at its finest!

#876 6 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

A beautiful dog for sure. That is the worst, sorry to hear and sorry for your loss. If people had the heart of a dog the world would be a much better place.

#877 6 years ago

Cooper has graduated to the adult pinball room.
He has learned to just sit in the chair and watch since I cant allow him to scratch them...lol

20170812_215355 (resized).jpg20170812_215355 (resized).jpg

#878 6 years ago

20170823_175132_001 (resized).jpg20170823_175132_001 (resized).jpg

#879 6 years ago

My local city and county shelters are currently preparing to take in over 100 Texas dogs per facility. They're taking in dogs that were already in Texas shelters so that there is room for animals that may have owners looking for them. They're already at capacity but setting up temporary tent shelters, so I took a couple giant crates I had, treats, and supplies yesterday. Since they're also asking for fosters for the dogs they currently have to make more room, I somehow came home with a Piper. She's 12 and was turned in when her family didn't have the money to care for her after she got a tumor. She's 18 pounds and has a full belly of stitches from removal of the 6 pound tumor. She's doing well so far, other than growling at my dogs when they get too close because she feels like crap and doesn't want to deal with them. They are leaving her alone, and she's trying really hard to be a good girl. I've got her so she'll have a nice place to recuperate, but trying to find her a good home.

IMG_3421 (resized).PNGIMG_3421 (resized).PNG
IMG_3430 (resized).JPGIMG_3430 (resized).JPG
IMG_3436 (resized).JPGIMG_3436 (resized).JPG
IMG_3439 (resized).JPGIMG_3439 (resized).JPG

#881 6 years ago

Nikki (Yorkie) and Toby(minpin/Chihuahua mix)

nikki lizard hunting 2017 (resized).jpgnikki lizard hunting 2017 (resized).jpg

toby 4 2017 (resized).jpgtoby 4 2017 (resized).jpg

#882 6 years ago

Found some old pictures of Rosie, and Mojo.

Rosie grew up thinking the cat was its mother, and would climb all over my games...
all the way to the top of a back box!
Thats something no basset hounds do!

She still climbs, as she is 10 years old now, but only to play vulture on top of furniture.

rosie-again (resized).jpgrosie-again (resized).jpg

rosie-and-mojo (resized).jpgrosie-and-mojo (resized).jpg

rosie-pinball (resized).jpgrosie-pinball (resized).jpg

rosie-pinball2 (resized).jpgrosie-pinball2 (resized).jpg

#883 6 years ago

Weekly Megatron photo:

IMG_5427 (resized).JPGIMG_5427 (resized).JPG

#884 6 years ago

Harvard and Sierra.

FB_IMG_1504465489420 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1504465489420 (resized).jpg

#885 6 years ago

Visiting big brother in jail

IMG_0868 (resized).JPGIMG_0868 (resized).JPG

#886 6 years ago
Quoted from jsandjs:

For sure on the ears, not a big fan of croping them

About 45 years ago my parents purchased a Schnauzer puppy. The breeder had him scheduled to have his ears cropped but let my parents take him about a week before his appointment. After having him for five days (long enough to get really attached), they took him to the vet. The night of the surgery we got a call from the vet saying the pup had developed a blood clot, it moved to his lungs and he died. Yeah, I know a one in a million occurrence but still... plus I like the uncropped look better.

Anyhow, within a couple of weeks they got another pup. Needless to say, this one already had cropped ears! My parents were avid golfers so there was no discussion on what to name him...Mulligan it was!

2 weeks later
#887 6 years ago

Check out these hillbillies.

IMG_6602 (resized).JPGIMG_6602 (resized).JPG

#888 6 years ago

My Sammy boy turns a year old in a few weeks, so the g friend n I will have a party for him. He just came back from the groomers..I gave him a lil piece of pizza..he looks happy here..

IMG_1909 (resized).JPGIMG_1909 (resized).JPG
IMG_1913 (resized).JPGIMG_1913 (resized).JPG

#889 6 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I gave him a lil piece of pizza..he looks happy here..

That's a brilliant photo. Reminds me of this one. This was taken on our new guys first night. Had 4 homes by 10 months. We are his 5th and final home.

Who says dogs can't smile!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#890 6 years ago

Went swimmin' yesterday

IMG_20170924_173528876 (resized).jpgIMG_20170924_173528876 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170924_173537322 (resized).jpgIMG_20170924_173537322 (resized).jpg

#891 6 years ago

Nikki in a photo shot at the groomers (Pet Smart) She's loving it!

nikki's a star (resized).jpgnikki's a star (resized).jpg

#892 6 years ago

Our newest Rescue. This is Kiara, a Great Dane. This is what happens when you have evil people breeding dogs for money. She's missing some traits of what a Dane should look like but we don't care. We loved her from day 1!!!
2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

#893 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Our newest Rescue. This is Kiara, a Great Dane.

She is a beauty!!!

#894 6 years ago

I posted this in another thread today already, but I wasn't feeling 100% at work and decided to take a mid day power nap. Megatron decided to join me.

IMG_5523 (resized).JPGIMG_5523 (resized).JPGIMG_5524 (resized).JPGIMG_5524 (resized).JPG

#895 6 years ago

Just finished a massage session and nap with the bassets!
Damn do they have Gas!!!

#896 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Just finished a massage session and nap with the bassets!
Damn do they have Gas!!!

Sure Art, blame the dogs.

LTG : )

#897 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Just finished a massage session

Wait... what? Who got the massage Art?

#898 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

She's missing some traits of what a Dane should look like but we don't care.

You could argue that's actually a good thing. Intensive inbreeding to exaggerate the aspects called for in the breed standards has a lot to answer for.

#899 6 years ago

More to it than that. Not the site to go into details. Your statement is correct though.

#900 6 years ago

King and Zeus. King is definitely the boss. He likes to swim and sit on my lap when I play the pins. Zeus lets me know when I've played too much by biting my hands.

IMG_3756 (resized).JPGIMG_3756 (resized).JPG

IMG_0071 (resized).JPGIMG_0071 (resized).JPG

IMG_3659 (resized).JPGIMG_3659 (resized).JPG

IMG_0075 (resized).JPGIMG_0075 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 179.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,052 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dogs-rule/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.