Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Finder-Relays-Work-04-A-small (resized).jpg
0Dogies-Work-01 (resized).jpg
IMG-20201115-WA0001 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

Hi Lambecka
I do not understand Your post-1 --- "I have a Dogies that I want to adjust to extra ball (soort not the add a ball). ... Plugs are set to extra ball ???
I do not know the Pin - and https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=696 the description (Notable Features) makes me wonder. Questions:
Do You have an english version of the schematics ?
Do You have an german version of the schematics with readable information to "Add a Ball Relais" ?
When You play - can You make the "encircled green in the JPG" Lamp "Spiele weiter" means "Same Player shoot again" - can You make the lamp to light up ?
(I do not know the pin) Is there an invitation lamp on the playfield - lighting up and so saying "hey man hit here and You will be rewarded with an Extraball" ?

Most likely by now You can make Replays by the Score-Drums - do You want to change the logic of rewarding - (new would be) best reward is Extraball (no more Replays - just an Extraball) ?
Do You want to make an mod, modification in logic - still making Replays - but (the mod) "at a time (also) can make an Extraball" ? - can You say (definition) "THIS situation is worth a given Extraball" ?
Do You know "True Add-a-Ball-Pins" vs "Replay-Pins" vs "Replay-Pins changed to Add-a-Ball-Mode is Extraball-Mode" ? Do You have such an "Add a Ball Relay" in Your dogies pin ? (((Here on a Williams Gay 90's https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=989&picno=53310 we see such an "Available on Request Add-A-Ball (Extraball) Relay".))) Greetings Rolf

0Dogies-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Dogies-Work-01 (resized).jpg
#5 3 years ago

Hi Lambecka
a post to come for to chat on functions in Your dogies. This post is only about "Getting such an precious 'Add-A-Ball-Relay' ".
Fellow pinsiders - please chime-in when You have an Dogies-schematics with readable text to "Add-A-Ball-Relay" (in the ipdb-schematics it is not readable) - what kind of coil (?).
Lambecka - every "normal - whatever relay" Bally-Relay can stand staying pulled for one to two minutes before eventually getting hot, overheating. Take whatever spare relay You have and make You the needed "Add-A-Ball-Relay" - tell the owner not to walk away for a long time when the Extraball is active.
You also live in Europe - in Switzerland and Germany there is a shop "Conrad" we can order FINDER-Relays - see https://www.finder-relais.net/en/finder-relays-series-40.pdf - on top of the first page see "40.52", scroll down to page-4. I like these relays - not expensive - they work fine and do not overheat --- I once let an 24VAC-Finder-Relay stay constantly pulling for an hour --- it was getting slightly warm, Yes --- but not hot ...
O.K. the 40.52.8.048.000 relay You need (Bally pins run on 48VAC). One such relay has TWO threebladed Make-and-Brake Switches --- we also simply can use the "Make" or the "Break" part of such an M&B-Switch. You need FOUR Switches - buy TWO such relays, hook-up the coils parallel - and You have one relay with four switches.
See the JPG - stuff I had mounted in a pin --- "C" is side-view, red is a leg for the coil and the three green marks show the three legs for a M&B-Switch --- and on the other side of the relay is mounted the same. "B" shows how I mounted the wires (I did not want to buy expensive sockets to the relays) - when we mount an lamp on the ceiling in a house - this stuff (my "B") we use. "A" is just the modern type of Jones-Plugs. Visit an "Hobby-Electronics-Shop" - You will see all kind of good stuff -we can use in pinball machines. Greetings Rolf

0Finder-Relays-Work-04-A-small (resized).jpg0Finder-Relays-Work-04-A-small (resized).jpg
#7 3 years ago

Hi Lambecka
the "B" are (german) Lüsterklemme / Luesterklemme - the "A" are steckbare Luesterklemme - see here https://www.conrad.ch/de/p/adels-contact-150472-luesterklemme-flexibel-2-5-mm-starr-2-5-mm-polzahl-12-1-st-730528.html - found them in an "Hobby-Electronics-Shop" - at Conrad the picture is not good - they go "12 side by side - with an knife we can cut to use for example 7 side by side. Greetings Rolf

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dogies-extra-ball-setting?tu=rolf_martin_062 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.