Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 113 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Theresa1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3604 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3614 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3386 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2949 (resized).JPG
    Min Pin.jpg
    Toy Party Poodle.jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20160907_154842473 (resized).jpg
    gr (resized).png
    IMG_3467 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    sweet pea (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from PavBall:

Thank you for this and some of the other good responses. I appreciate it. I will research the Weimeraner and the brown dog that I see it is related to.

Don't go with a Weimeraner. They need to run more than any human can do for them. I have a neighbor that had a Weimeraner and he would get on his bike with a leash, but I always felt that seemed unsafe for the dog and still did not seem to be enough exercise for the dog. That type of dog can also be hostile to small dogs. My neighbor's dog almost killed another neighbor's shih tzu mix.

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Like any breed, it's all in the training. Mine was around dogs and people from day one and is an absolute favorite among the workers at the non kill shelter we drop her off at for the day, weekly. She'll lay on her back to play with the smaller dogs. They are known for the great temperament with small children and other dogs. Your neighbors sounds like it had some issues.

They are a territorial animal by nature. Owning your dog with a shih tzu is not the same as having a strange dog come near your property. My neighbor with the weimeraner also has a cat that was not harmed.

http://www.streetdirectory.com/travel_guide/194375/pets/when_your_weimaraner_is_aggressive.html

What about the exercise issue? She wants a dog that does not need a ton of exercise. They really need a lot of land to run.

#55 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just as an update, we are now taking a bunch of these different surveys and reading through the results closely. There is a lot of data out there and we are planning to take our time with this ten plus year decision. We did not know surveys like this were available online and they are all very informative.
    PavBall came to this group for the questions because we spend so much time on Pinside and know so many of you through here and the shows and what not.
    I'm also surprised how good of a match the surveys feel we are with schnauzers, basically any type of schnauzer or sub sec of same seems to fit us well.
    I am an experienced dog owner but this decision is ultimately PavBall's so I want her to find the perfect little friend for us.

One question, why does Pavball need a dog when she already has you?

3 months later
    #90 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

We agreed no dog on the couch, we've already rethought that position. He likes it up here.

You could always throw some old sheets on it if you are worried about it getting dirty.

3 weeks later
    #107 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

By the way, for those wondering what Megatron is doing right now, I took this picture under my desk 60 seconds ago (he comes to work with PavBall and me every day):

He looks like he could use a cozier work bed.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dog-suggestions-please?tu=dcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.