Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 113 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Theresa1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3604 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3614 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3386 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2949 (resized).JPG
    Min Pin.jpg
    Toy Party Poodle.jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20160907_154842473 (resized).jpg
    gr (resized).png
    IMG_3467 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    sweet pea (resized).jpg

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 7 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

it was funny as all hell watching those two little dogs play and tear through what I called their "motocross course" between a few houses, including a section through the min-pin's owner's waterfall and pond

That's a great story. We had a min pin and a full size blue Doberman at the same time and it was funny as hell watching my little alpha min pin chase the big Doberman around the park. People would be doing double takes watching this tiny dog chasing a huge Doberman nipping at his heels-Hilarious. My min pin was fearless and thought he could take on any dog regardless of size. I called it the Napoleon syndrome.

#102 7 years ago

We are thinking of getting a giant schnauzer. We have a mini schnauzer and I want a big dog to be home with my wife and kids in the day.

Anyone have a giant?

#103 7 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

We are thinking of getting a giant schnauzer. We have a mini schnauzer and I want a big dog to be home with my wife and kids in the day.
    Anyone have a giant?

We considered one. We also considered, heavily, a Black Russian Terrier (which has a lot of Giant Schnauzer in him).

We visited with several breeders though and they felt we were not a good fit for either (at this time) with a small child and one strongly recommended a Standard Poodle to us (which was advice we took).

#104 7 years ago

By the way, for those wondering what Megatron is doing right now, I took this picture under my desk 60 seconds ago (he comes to work with PavBall and me every day):

IMG_2949 (resized).JPGIMG_2949 (resized).JPG

#105 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

By the way, for those wondering what Megatron is doing right now, I took this picture under my desk 60 seconds ago (he comes to work with PavBall and me every day):

Haha. Wish I could bring my boys to work. Need to start my own business.

#106 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

We considered one. We also considered, heavily, a Black Russian Terrier (which has a lot of Giant Schnauzer in him).
    We visited with several breeders though and they felt we were not a good fit for either (at this time) with a small child and one strongly recommended a Standard Poodle to us (which was advice we took).

Never heard of Black Russian terriers. I googled it and got this image, so they seem pretty chill.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
    #107 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

He looks like he could use a cozier work bed.

#108 7 years ago

Standard poodle was a great choice, especially considering your priorities. A great breed all around.

A Boston Terrier would have been another great choice.

#109 7 years ago

Pav, I have a boxer and he is the sweetest dog I could ever hope for. He is on of the family. He does love to play outside and go foe walks but he is happy inside the house. He is also very gentle and patient with Josie, my grand daughter. Not saying that is what you need but it is a suggestion. I hear you and Tiger are expecting, congratulations. I guess no tequila for you at the Houston show.

James

#110 7 years ago

After a nice long walk Megatron is exhausted.

IMG_3386 (resized).JPGIMG_3386 (resized).JPG

#111 7 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I hear you and Tiger are expecting, congratulations. I guess no tequila for you at the Houston show.

Yay!! Thank you!! Yes, no tequila for me in Houston this year.

3 weeks later
    #112 7 years ago

Megatron is doing great!!

IMG_3614 (resized).JPGIMG_3614 (resized).JPGIMG_3604 (resized).JPGIMG_3604 (resized).JPG

1 month later
    #113 7 years ago

Labrador.. They are very easy to train. They are incredibly kid friendly and affectionate with family. They are also easy to groom and they are very intelligent.

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dog-suggestions-please/page/3?hl=theresa1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.