Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by btw75
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

In the details page of WOZ it says it only has 2 magnets. I count 5 though...there are 2 in front of the witch under the playfield, 1 at the right upper flipper, 1 above the OZ lanes, and 1 on the Monkey. Shouldn't the details page list it as 5 magnets?

https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/wizard-of-oz/details

#2 8 years ago

Yes...should be 5. It also says only 1000 produced.

--Luke

#3 8 years ago

I fixed the data in the details page. It also said there is not a kickback, but the throne room and the witches castle door have kickback holes that kick the ball back to a flipper.

#4 8 years ago

I also found that someone keeps removing the Spinning Disc from the Avengers TAVLE and TAV details.
If it is a yes for the TOTAN lamp then it is a yes for TAV and the Tesseract. Nothing says it has to be a motorized spinning disc.

#5 8 years ago

2 magnets in front of witch. 2 magnet poles and monkey magnet.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It also said there is not a kickback, but the throne room and the witches castle door have kickback holes.

Kickback - kickback hole?

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Kickback - kickback hole?

I see what you are saying now. That terminology is sometimes used for kickout holes as well.
For the Pinside limited use I would call it an outlane kickback. I put it back to saying No.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I see what you are saying now. That terminology is sometimes used for kickout holes as well.
I would call it an outlane kickback.

Kick back hole just means a saucer yes? I'm a little lost as a don;t know WOZ well, but the witches castle just open a door and you shot the saucer right? Or do you mean the witches area with the kick out like LOTR/Catapult on MM?

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

For the Pinside limited use I would call it an outlane kickback. I put it back to saying No.

I would agree and say that WOZ does not have a kickback. But then again...I've had the pop bumper at the bottom left corner kick the ball back into play more than once.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Kick back hole just means a saucer yes? I'm a little lost as a don;t know WOZ well, but the witches castle just open a door and you shot the saucer right? Or do you mean the witches area with the kick out like LOTR/Catapult on MM?

What I mean is the term kickback is a broad term that does not describe anything about location on the playfield. I consider anything that kicks a ball backwards from the direction it was coming a kickback.
Another one that baffles me is in IM, what is the thing that shoots the ball back at the flipper if it is not considered a kickback or a cannon?

#11 8 years ago

Just a saucer to me. All saucers will have a kick out mech or you'd have to remove the glass every time you shot one.

For something to be a kickback I feel it needs to do that immediately vs holding the ball first. That saucer will hold the ball for a specific time period depending on if you are starting Rescue MB or not and then sends it back.

Kick back to me (that's not under the apron) would be like war machine in IM or the raptor pit in JP. Those are instant shots back at the player.

#12 8 years ago

I didn't realize we could edit that stuff...cool.

--Luke

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

What I mean is the term kickback is a broad term that does not describe anything about location on the playfield. I consider anything that kicks a ball backwards from the direction it was coming a kickback.
Another one that baffles me is in IM, what is the thing that shoots the ball back at the flipper if it is not considered a kickback or a cannon?

Well, we def differ on this. I think, THINK not assume, most people people will say a kickback is ball saving feature in an outlane. Historically for the most part that is how it's used. You wouldn;t call the powerfield on TX "magna save," although it's doing basically the same thing.

Using the term hole, instead of saucer, might also be helping your point. A saucer, not hole, must include a kickout or it would serve no purpose in a game. A gobble hole is a hole, as it swallows the ball.

Whats the first raptor pit...Gen Yagov in F-14? What did they call the feature in there?

#14 8 years ago

That's funny. On the Jurassic park page it says it has a kickback....but not on the Iron Man page. It's the same thing!

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

..but not on the Iron Man page

I changed it.

#16 8 years ago

I don't like these willy-nilly changes dammit!

No we're going to have to have a vote on what a damn kickback is!
But can we at least agree a saucer isn't a kickback

#17 8 years ago

Well if the raptor pit and the war machine shot aren't kickbacks....what is a kickback? It's the same mech as the kickback on T2.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Well if the raptor pit and the war machine shot aren't kickbacks....what is a kickback? It's the same mech as the kickback on T2.

AGREED they are a kick-back

"First game with a kick-back (Yagov Kicker) that fires the ball at the flippers at tremendous speed."

EDIT: Of course, this only makes things murkier as high speed has a kick-back, and it was before F-14 Along with tons of others

#19 8 years ago

Right on. I do love a good kick back. I like peoples reaction the first time they hit it on Iron Man. They usually always cuss.

#20 8 years ago

There you have it,
"Kick-Back" = past apron
"Kickback" = below apron

we're so technical

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Right on. I do love a good kick back. I like peoples reaction the first time they hit it on Iron Man. They usually always cuss.

Are you kidding? That thing still makes me soil myself and I know it's coming. It's ridiculous. Even on routed IM Pros it's completely ludicrous how fast it kicks back.

#22 8 years ago

Personally, I've called Yagovs and Raptor Pits kickers, and the standard left outlane thing a kickback. And all of those are separate from kicking targets (most prevalent on Gottliebs).

Fun fact: Comic Book Guy was a kicking target at first.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Personally, I've called Yagovs and Raptor Pits kickers, and the standard left outlane thing a kickback. And all of those are separate from kicking targets (most prevalent on Gottliebs).
Fun fact: Comic Book Guy was a kicking target at first.

I was wondering why we don't still see kicking targets still, they were pretty cool.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.95
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doesnt-woz-have-5-magnets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.