Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Hitch9
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I have noticed when my witch goes down just near the end of the travel it will make a loud screechhhhh! She seams to travel okay up and down. I was just wondering if anyone else has heard this. I don't think part of soundtrack. Makes noise during test too.

#2 10 years ago

Take a look under the playfield and see what is causing the noise. The ones I service all do not make the noise you describe.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

I have noticed when my witch goes down just near the end of the travel it will make a loud screechhhhh! She seams to travel okay up and down. I was just wondering if anyone else has heard this. I don't think part of soundtrack. Makes noise during test too.

Yeah sounds like the threaded rod may be bent a bit or its getting caught on something? There is really only an opto down there.

#4 10 years ago

Mine does this too... its actually the back of the witches hat rubbing against the plastic cover right before it is fully down. You can adjust the plastic cover a tiny bit and that can help or you can lightly trim the back of the witches hat to give more clearance and the problem will go away. Remove the plastic cover - then go to the test environment, run the witch up and down and you will see the noise is now gone.

#5 10 years ago

Thanks for the help. I will look at it tonight. Just don't want it to turn into a bigger problem

1 month later
#6 10 years ago

OMG all the time!! and my WOZ isn't even here yet!

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

I have noticed when my witch goes down just near the end of the travel it will make a loud screechhhhh! She seams to travel okay up and down.

Quoted from Pinchroma:

Yeah sounds like the threaded rod may be bent a bit

Oh, you guys are talking pinball. Man, do I feel silly. I thought I was on a different forum for a sec there...

#8 10 years ago

She makes that sound only during reverse cow witch!!

3 months later
#9 9 years ago

guys, i'm experiencing the same "witch screech" as you. can i ask, what did you end up doing to solve the problem? btw, i checked under the playfield and her rod seems NOT to be bent. thanks. -john

#10 9 years ago

When this happened on my game it was actually her hat rubbing up against the plastic tank that fits around the witch. Try taking that off If it doesn't screech then carefully re-mount it and make sure its not rubbing.

#11 9 years ago

Mine doesn't screech, but she kicks my butt!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 24.50
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-your-witch-screech and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.