Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Lovef2k
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Does your Wife play pinball?”

• Yes 75 votes
      33%
    • No 81 votes
      35%
    • Wife and Kids 48 votes
      21%
    • Just Kids 25 votes
      11%

(229 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    june_2012_019.JPG
    262298_519723751375701_553507882_n.jpeg
    P3160381.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_2145.JPG
    IMG_3039.JPG
    DSC05038.jpg
    STILL+SUCK.jpg
    dN4qb6m.jpg
    M02.jpg
    M01.jpg
    There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 10 years ago
    Quoted from Acampero:

Blonde,That's why god created alcohol Couple of stiff cocktails and pinball is the best!

See, there's the problem... I don't drink alcohol. I've got the top of the line Margarator and only use it to make Icees. I can't stand the taste of beer or wine, and if I drink anything I get sleeeeeepy...

#102 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

See, there's the problem... I don't drink alcohol. I've got the top of the line Margarator and only use it to make Icees. I can't stand the taste of beer or wine, and if I drink anything I get sleeeeeepy...

I would never force anoyone to drink, especially if medical or faith factors in. That said; practice makes perfect....

#103 10 years ago

She plays, has played competitively in leagues, won a tournament, suggests games we should buy. It's pretty awesome!

Don C.

#104 10 years ago

What more could you ask for?

#105 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Still love ya Blonde. You can be our DD.

#106 10 years ago

not married, but gf loves pinball, plays in league with me, comes over and plays my pins all the time, just put a pin in her basement, she loves having one at home, was super excited to get one to play at home.

#107 10 years ago
    Quoted from ebjimmyg:

not married, but gf loves pinball, plays in league with me, comes over and plays my pins all the time, just put a pin in her basement, she loves having one at home, was super excited to get one to play at home.

What did you get her ?

#108 10 years ago

Yes... Poorly...I almost asked for a divorce when she said she hates Cirqus Voltaire, but she is a true champ and will play for hours, when the DVR is empty! Seriously though, she likes pinball, she likes me, and our 3 year old son loves to "teach" Mommy how to play and still quotes TAF to us.
    "Well played Thing!..."

#109 10 years ago

The reason we have a pin is the missus!
    Although I think I've surpassed her in general knowledge but she has always been a casual player in games.

#110 10 years ago

My wife plays pinball but prefers to go shopping! june_2012_019.JPGjune_2012_019.JPG

#111 10 years ago

Yes and beat me like a red headed stepchild on Wh20 this evening

#112 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

A lot of my female friends find it intimidating

Heh. I don't have any female friends locally.

#113 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sharon:

Heh. I don't have any female friends locally.

By "a lot" I mean the 5 females that come over maybe a few times a year. Lol. We are boring anti-social people who occasionally invite people over for holidays, so it is mostly family and girls I work with or my renters. I have had open houses here for my side business and people will go down to the gameroom, say they love pinball, then refuse to play. Oh well, their loss. I need more and better friends it seems.
    Sharon, if you're ever in the area, come on over and we'll play.

#114 10 years ago

Wife will play a game or two but only to be polite.

#115 10 years ago

Most definitely. All our friends think we're crazy, but my wife is 100% on board with pinball. We have 2 machines in the living room of our 1 bedroom apartment.

#116 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

By "a lot" I mean the 5 females that come over maybe a few times a year. Lol. We are boring anti-social people who occasionally invite people over for holidays, so it is mostly family and girls I work with or my renters. I have had open houses here for my side business and people will go down to the gameroom, say they love pinball, then refuse to play. Oh well, their loss. I need more and better friends it seems.
    Sharon, if you're ever in the area, come on over and we'll play.

Ha, I don't feel so bad now. We've moved a lot so friends drop off the radar and such. My best friend from 1st grade is a guy, but he lives on the other side of the country from us. His wife is really cool, she'd play. My other friend is about 6 hours south, she'd play as well. My older two kids don't play but my youngest does if I can pry the laptop from her hands.

The offer goes both ways, let me know if you're ever in my area too

#117 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mayor:

Wife will play a game or two but only to be polite.

This sounds exactly like my wife.

#118 10 years ago
    Quoted from nasco62:

Yes and beat me like a red headed stepchild on Wh20 this evening

My wife beats me on every game we have except JM (I am Grand Champion and always have been on this game). She owns me on Baywatch, Tommy, JD, Wipeout, Maverick and LW3. In fairness to me though she has told me that pinball was her main gig after school growing up. Always hung out at the arcades playing them. I on the other hand did not play until way later in life...basically about 2 years ago (when I was 48). It is fun watching her play though. It does not bother me because she really is good.

#119 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

A lot of my female friends find it intimidating, worried that they will look stupid because they dont know what they are doing, or wont be good at it so they dont bother to try. Once I tell them that I own the darn things and I am not good either, because a lot of it is luck, then they are more open to trying. I show them how to flip each flipper seperate, how to use the ball launch since all of mine are different, and then give them something simple to shoot for instead of trying to explain the whole game at once. Then, once they get that (like feeding the T Rex on JP) a few times they usually ask more questions or want another goal. I like to start them out on RFM since it is the easiest rule-wise for beginners (shoot the aliens that pop up) before moving on to hard ones, and I wiped the scores on MSF recently and turned the knocker hits way up, so them getting on the board was a big loud deal. They loved it.

Great plan.

#120 10 years ago

My wife plays rarely. She will play a pin frequently when we first get it, but that only lasts a few weeks. Overall, she does love the game room and wouldn't have it any other way.

#121 10 years ago

Plays all the time! Loves our new X Men LE! She's pretty good too. Next two pins on here list to purchase are: WOZ & ACDC
    Second pic is her nudging. Lol

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#122 10 years ago

My 13 year old plays, but my 21 and 23 year olds don't. (not wives, but young women all the same) The 23 year old doesn't live at home, but the 21 year old says "pinball is stupid". I'm planning on having her drawn and quartered next weekend.

#123 10 years ago

My wife will play if I can get her down to the basement(man cave). She thinks that slapping the flipper button hard will make the flipper hit the ball with more force. before we were married, I played HS and she played Fire! at the local bowling alley.

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-your-wife-play-pinball/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.