Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Lovef2k
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Does your Wife play pinball?”

• Yes 75 votes
      33%
    • No 81 votes
      35%
    • Wife and Kids 48 votes
      21%
    • Just Kids 25 votes
      11%

(229 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    june_2012_019.JPG
    262298_519723751375701_553507882_n.jpeg
    P3160381.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_2145.JPG
    IMG_3039.JPG
    DSC05038.jpg
    STILL+SUCK.jpg
    dN4qb6m.jpg
    M02.jpg
    M01.jpg
    There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 10 years ago

My wife has played pinball... once, and only once. She played long enough for me to snap a pic during my 40th birthday party...

#54 10 years ago

Had trouble adding the pic...

dN4qb6m.jpgdN4qb6m.jpg

#55 10 years ago

In 11 years of owning pins, she has never even played a single game. She thinks its stupid but at least she tolerates it for me.

#56 10 years ago

My wife loves JP BSD doesn't like BOP a lot ( calls her a bitch ) and she s unsure on my ES .

#57 10 years ago

Yes she does. And she's a good player. Wish I could get her to go to
    a show and watch a 60+ year old Korean lady kick the collective butt
    of some of the 'wizards'. When she gets into a game she becomes very
    animated. I call it the 'Korean pinball dance'.
    Steve

#58 10 years ago

She does and kicks like a mule! Watch out!!

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Remember when we thought "NO" meant yes.
    Good Times.Good Times!

When you've been together long enough, you want her to say no.

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from ShootForSlrValue:

I have somewhat of a success story relating to this. I recently got really into the hobby, and was a tad nervous about my girlfriend of five years catching on. Im relatively young; the age where people are more involved in xbox, playstation etc.. When PAPA came back to Pitt, I told her I'd be gone for the weekend, and I knew there would be questions about my whereabouts. So I just told her. "I'm going up to watch a pinball tournament and play a bunch of tables that were up there. I got the "oh... Okay." Response, which was to be expected. I came home that Friday night really excited and kept on and on about what an awesome time it was and showed her all the pictures I had taken. I told her I'd like to take her to try it out the next day. She hesitated, but agreed. She knew nothing about pinball, how to play, what to do, or what to expect. So we get there and she seemed surprised by the number of tables that were there. The first game we played was FH. On each of her turns, every. Single. Ball. Went down the outlanes. I thought she was done before we even got started. During my third ball, I turn around and she's missing... Again, I think to myself, "oh shit I've lost her, she thinks I've gone full blown nerd." So I let my ball drain and go outside to find her. No girlfriend. Look in the car. Nothing. So I go back inside and she's walking out as I'm walking back in. I asked her where she went and she says to me... "Come back! I found this awesome looking game that has a gum ball machine in it! I want to try it!"
    We followed TZ with 8 hours of pinball and she is now asking me about when I'm getting us a table and pac man cabinet.
    HAPPILY. EVER. AFTER.

Great story and what an ending. I thought it was going to be a lost cause for a minute. My wife is kinda the same. She thinks they're cool, but she's not much into the hobby like me. But, she does gets emotionally attached to pins that we go on a road trip to get for some reason. She can't wait for WOZ.

#61 10 years ago

I refuse to take part in any survey conducted by someone names "BearsFan" assuming this is the Chicago Bears. If this is a different "Bear" you are a fan of I apologize and will partake in said survey.

GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STILL+SUCK.jpgSTILL+SUCK.jpg

#62 10 years ago

My wife really has warm hands or I wouldn't let her near me. LOL
    To reply to the post further back in the thread. Woman in
    general gravitate to TOM. But I can't tell you why. Ive got
    mine set up to play fast and furious.

#63 10 years ago

I voted no. However, my wife will occasionally play AC/DC with me after enough drinks.

DSC05038.jpgDSC05038.jpg

#64 10 years ago

Yes sometimes he plays pinball, but no way as often as i do.
    Sche cant stand that i am FAR better then her.

#65 10 years ago

She sure does! We have an agreement that we're only going to buy pins that we both like. Luckily, we have the same taste in games. She even insisted that we drive 1 hour+ out of the way in each direction when we went to Niagara Falls so that we could play WOZ! Amazing game! We ended up staying and playing for like 5 hours! I LOVE THIS WOMAN!!!

IMG_3039.JPGIMG_3039.JPG

#66 10 years ago

The wife & kids both play. The wife will play in her nighty after I've gone to bed. She jumps with every fip & mule kicks occasionally. She wants a Monopoly. Me TftC. We both want an AC\DC or Metallica. She looks on CL & goes with me to look at every pin considered for purchase. We play every night, 3 games minimum on each machine. The kids come over once a week to play. We shoot pool & play "full contact" Scrabble too. I'm a very lucky man.

#67 10 years ago

No wife yet, or anytime soon if i have it my way But the gf gets right into LOTR. We are constantly vying for the top score.

#73 10 years ago

She beat Borg on Metallica LE at Stern on Friday..........I didn't. IMG_2145.JPGIMG_2145.JPG

#74 10 years ago

Pics or it didn't happen. Just kidding. Trying but not working huh?
    Alex

#75 10 years ago

Alex, HA HA !! Feeling like a complete dumbass right now. You nailed it......

#76 10 years ago

I am the wife... and I LIVE for pinball!!!

#77 10 years ago

No...my HUSBAND plays on occasion. Not as much as his parents did when they came to visit though. I've taken to resetting the high scores when there's family visiting or my daughter has friends over. They go home with a cool story then.

#78 10 years ago

My wife plays when I beg her.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#79 10 years ago

Every day and twice on Sundays...
    LOTR is her jam!

#80 10 years ago

No, but my kids are into them...pins are all in the game room downstairs, so she has the rest of the house for her toys ( plants and her 2 cats) all of which are banned from the game room ...ha...they'll be no cat hair or a leaf in any of my machines ( my lame attempt to claim my space) ...hopefully she doesn't see this, or I'm dead.....

#81 10 years ago

not very often, when I ask her why she doesn't play more she usually replies when you knit with me. Guess she won't be playing, but at least she understands my passion and does not get in the way.

#82 10 years ago

Yes but only because she loves multi-ball

Does not play nearly as often as I do. But enjoys it from time to time.

#83 10 years ago

Why is it that so many wife's DON'T play. Is it because they THINK they are no good at it or they KNOW they are no good at it. Reminds me of an old GF, she loved to ride in my Mustang and one time I asked her if she would like to drive it and she said no. Every once in a while I'd ask her and every time she would say no. I finally asked her why she kept saying no and she said "what if I'm really bad at it and I wreck your car". Long story short, she got to be a pretty good "hard" driver of that car and loved every minute behind the wheel goin thru the gears.

#84 10 years ago

My female friends/girlfriends do not give a rats ass about pinball or video games. It has been that way for 30 years . Sad but true .

#85 10 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

I refuse to take part in any survey conducted by someone names "BearsFan" assuming this is the Chicago Bears. If this is a different "Bear" you are a fan of I apologize and will partake in said survey.
    GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But why do you feel this way? The PACK keeps beating us all the time anyway so you should like the BEARS.

#86 10 years ago

My ex could care less about anything besides wii sports bowling. The new good one is a gamer, she has not had a chance to play my collection but we did find a beat up FGY and world poker tour on location in Northern Thailand Khon Kaen at central plaza. The look of wonder on her face seemed to say it all. Today she has played Kingdom Rush and Dragons Lair on iPad loves Totan on pinball arcade. Basically I think I found the one.

#87 10 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

No, but my kids are into them...pins are all in the game room downstairs, so she has the rest of the house for her toys ( plants and her 2 cats) all of which are banned from the game room ...ha...they'll be no cat hair or a leaf in any of my machines ( my lame attempt to claim my space) ...hopefully she doesn't see this, or I'm dead.....

LOL

#88 10 years ago

Mine will play pins at a show till her fingers are bleeding, (especially if booze is involved)..LOL but at home I cant even get her to push a button..

weird really...at our first show Allentown 2010, she even thought having a JP at home would rock, she really liked that pin, and thought the kids would like it too...

Hence the hinting for me to buy it...

At that point I thought all was in good shape with her...

She played it about 10 times at home, and then no more...

Off it went about 3 weeks later.... and in came Goldeneye # 1...

Its all good though, as she is super supportive of anything I do....

#89 10 years ago

Oh yeah ... she LOVES it !!!
    I'm a happy man P3160381.jpgP3160381.jpg

#90 10 years ago

Does your wife spend all your money...er I mean play pinball?

#91 10 years ago

yeah she does but not as much as she used to.

#92 10 years ago

She has never played a single game. Wish she would.

#93 10 years ago

My wife and I play just about every fri and sat night we turn them all on mix up some rum and cokes and play at least one game on each we call it foreplay.

We actually just started playing the drinking game I saw on pinside where the winner has to take a shot (to even the skill level) and she ends up beating me about 40% of the time.

I really don't like to play alone and if she wasn't in to it I probably would end up getting out of collecting and just play on location

#94 10 years ago

Two games tops, then she doesn't want to play anymore due to the lights bothering her.

#95 10 years ago

She does not play but I have a pinball room on the main floor of the house. So that's a win.

#96 10 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Why is it that so many wife's DON'T play.

I could give you a few reasons maybe. If they are the ones who have to keep up the house all by themselves, then they might be too worn out to do any physical gaming. Maybe they think they will 'look funny' playing it - much like some people don't like to get up in public and sing. Maybe they feel it's boring.

I'm not one of those kind though, so I really couldn't tell you. Then again, I don't get women who look at a screwdriver like it's from another planet, either. "tools? Aren't those for guys?" pfft.

#97 10 years ago

A lot of my female friends find it intimidating, worried that they will look stupid because they dont know what they are doing, or wont be good at it so they dont bother to try. Once I tell them that I own the darn things and I am not good either, because a lot of it is luck, then they are more open to trying. I show them how to flip each flipper seperate, how to use the ball launch since all of mine are different, and then give them something simple to shoot for instead of trying to explain the whole game at once. Then, once they get that (like feeding the T Rex on JP) a few times they usually ask more questions or want another goal. I like to start them out on RFM since it is the easiest rule-wise for beginners (shoot the aliens that pop up) before moving on to hard ones, and I wiped the scores on MSF recently and turned the knocker hits way up, so them getting on the board was a big loud deal. They loved it.

#98 10 years ago

She's not my wife yet but one day not rushing anything seeing as we've only known eachother 2 years and been together a year and a half. Anyway she loves pinball not as much of a pinhead as I am I'm just a fanatic she's a folower I would call it. She loves coming with me to play whever it mite be we searched all of IL last summer finding games playing. She doesn't enjoy tourneys because she gets disapointed as do I but its still good fun. Were playing as team mates for Mad Rollins Tourney in September. She told me in summer she wants to atleast have a say in furniture we buy I was a smart ass and said what furniture don't you mean pinball machines! Ill have no problem loading up my home one day. Her favorites so far are ToTAN and Monster Bash. I will marrie this girl. hands off she's for my HUO

262298_519723751375701_553507882_n.jpeg262298_519723751375701_553507882_n.jpeg

#99 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

A lot of my female friends find it intimidating, worried that they will look stupid because they dont know what they are doing, or wont be good at it so they dont bother to try.

I wouldn't mind educating some of them.

#100 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

A lot of my female friends find it intimidating, worried that they will look stupid because they dont know what they are doing, or wont be good at it so they dont bother to try

Blonde,
    That's why god created alcohol
    Couple of stiff cocktails and pinball is the best!

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-your-wife-play-pinball/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.