Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Lovef2k
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Does your Wife play pinball?”

• Yes 75 votes
      33%
    • No 81 votes
      35%
    • Wife and Kids 48 votes
      21%
    • Just Kids 25 votes
      11%

(229 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    june_2012_019.JPG
    262298_519723751375701_553507882_n.jpeg
    P3160381.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_2145.JPG
    IMG_3039.JPG
    DSC05038.jpg
    STILL+SUCK.jpg
    dN4qb6m.jpg
    M02.jpg
    M01.jpg
    There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 10 years ago

I recently bought a couple of new games from separate individuals and both of their wives enjoyed playing. One had 12 games on his main floor just outside of his kitchen in the family room, I guess you would call it. How nice this was. He said his wife enjoyed them as much as he did. The other had his in his finished basement but it was the main room and it looked great also. His wife and whole family enjoyed playing them as well. I however have a wife that never plays. She gives me one room in the unfinished part of my basement and that is it. She never even goes in there except to feed the cats, oh and by the way the litter box is also in this room. So I have to share it with them. The kids used to play, but they have grown up and moved out, but still play when they visit. So I was just curious how many of you had wives that also played, and if you had better game room conditions because of it. Any hints on how to get them interested?

#2 10 years ago

The closest thing I have to a wife is my right hand, and yes, that hand does play pinball.

#3 10 years ago

Well I hope to get her to play more when I get this williams doodle bug running she likes the colors. When she is on a losing streak she quits. She dont mind playing but not long like I do.

#4 10 years ago

Yeah, she plays, but gets frustrated when she can't beat my high scores. So for her birthday, I reset them and she had all the high scores. For about fifteen minutes!

#5 10 years ago

Mine plays Tempest and Galaga more than the pins. She's trying to beat my friends high score on Tempest as I type.

#6 10 years ago

a lot of it is game preference. My wife loves, 6M$M, Tron, AC/DC, SPP, NF.... but does not care for GBH, TAF, SM, XM...

#7 10 years ago

yes

#8 10 years ago

My girlfriend (who lives with me) LOVES playing pinball. She just said the other night how we should take one night a week just to play games

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The closest thing I have to a wife is my right hand, and yes, that hand does play pinball.

LMAO!

My wife & kids play. My wife loves pinball! The next 2 games she says we need to get are WOZ & ACDC. Yes dear! We played them at MI Pinbal Expo & she really liked them both.

#10 10 years ago

My wife was the inspiration for getting Pinball in my house, I was more into Arcade classics. And she gets maaaad when I've taken the high score from her. I can't touch her on Robotron though.

Luck!

#11 10 years ago

Im not getting married if she don't!

#12 10 years ago

I have somewhat of a success story relating to this. I recently got really into the hobby, and was a tad nervous about my girlfriend of five years catching on. Im relatively young; the age where people are more involved in xbox, playstation etc.. When PAPA came back to Pitt, I told her I'd be gone for the weekend, and I knew there would be questions about my whereabouts. So I just told her. "I'm going up to watch a pinball tournament and play a bunch of tables that were up there. I got the "oh... Okay." Response, which was to be expected. I came home that Friday night really excited and kept on and on about what an awesome time it was and showed her all the pictures I had taken. I told her I'd like to take her to try it out the next day. She hesitated, but agreed. She knew nothing about pinball, how to play, what to do, or what to expect. So we get there and she seemed surprised by the number of tables that were there. The first game we played was FH. On each of her turns, every. Single. Ball. Went down the outlanes. I thought she was done before we even got started. During my third ball, I turn around and she's missing... Again, I think to myself, "oh shit I've lost her, she thinks I've gone full blown nerd." So I let my ball drain and go outside to find her. No girlfriend. Look in the car. Nothing. So I go back inside and she's walking out as I'm walking back in. I asked her where she went and she says to me... "Come back! I found this awesome looking game that has a gum ball machine in it! I want to try it!"

We followed TZ with 8 hours of pinball and she is now asking me about when I'm getting us a table and pac man cabinet.

HAPPILY. EVER. AFTER.

#13 10 years ago

Yes. And my kids. And their friends. And their friends' moms.

#14 10 years ago

No. If I force her, she'll play Scared Stiff once in a full blue moon!

#15 10 years ago

My wife does if others are over and playing them. I see you have 18 pins, your wife is at least a champ in that regard, I have been told 3 is the limit.

#16 10 years ago

Her machine is CFTBL I could not pry it from her cold dead hands.
    She has also given me shit about selling other games as she
    liked them to. I had to rebuy a TOM again two years after selling
    my nice example.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

I have been told 3 is the limit.

....but she probably told you that last year...... this is a new year and if she has not said anything about only 3 this year..... I would think it would be unlimited this year!..... at least that's the way I would under stand it

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from john041160:

If I ever get married, I hope she has warm hands.

#19 10 years ago

My wife's favorite game is MM. That game is never leaving.

#21 10 years ago

Mine plays when she is in the mood. At least once or twice a year.
    Alex

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

At least once or twice a year.

Let me guess- Your birthday, and her anniversary.

#23 10 years ago

No, but my husband does.

#24 10 years ago

Yep, all the time. She enjoys it, but never enough to go to a tournament or anything. One look at how long I'm at a pin party, and she dismisses the idea. Her favorites tend to be TOTAN and POTC.

Don't know what I'd do without her...she has helped me move every machine in and out of the basement.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from ronlisa:

....but she probably told you that last year...... this is a new year and if she has not said anything about only 3 this year..... I would think it would be unlimited this year!..... at least that's the way I would under stand it

Ha! great point! I am broke so its moot anyway. But you know the wise old saying when buying a new pin- "Better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission."

#26 10 years ago

Mine likes to play from time to time. More so if I tell her we can practice making kids while she plays.

#27 10 years ago

Surprisingly my wife does play mine a bit. My daughter (5) seems to like my mame cabinet a bit more.

#28 10 years ago

Your wife ...does she, ah go...you know, nudge nugge, wink wink say no more. A nod is as good as a wink to a blind bat. Say no more!

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from john041160:

She has also given me shit about selling other games as she
    liked them to. I had to rebuy a TOM again two years after selling
    my nice example.

My wife as well she has told me CFTBL is hers. I have not played TOM are they similar? I am always looking for another game that she will like.

#30 10 years ago

Are her hands cold, too?

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from mickthepin:

Your wife ...does she, ah go...you know, nudge nugge, wink wink say no more. A nod is as good as a wink to a blind bat. Say no more!

Damn straight she does. However she perfers to quote Space Balls while we are "playing".

#32 10 years ago

I asked my wife, she said No.

#33 10 years ago

Yes!!! The custom messages have been changed on some of my sys 11s to reflect her "ownership". I bought her High Speed as a gift. And, for a long, long while she ruled the high score on Taxi...until the man of the house put his pinball playing pants on.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Don't sweat it ...They all say no. That is why we own pins in the first place.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Remember when we thought "NO" meant yes.
    Good Times.Good Times!

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Remember when we thought "NO" meant yes.
    Good Times.Good Times!

In my house No means "Yes, if you don't mind sleeping in the guest room for a few days".

Small price to pay.

#37 10 years ago

Wife loves to play, even tracks her scores. Loves almost every game I buy and makes it hard to sell them to make room for new ones...

She made me buy WOZ and TH, wants a MET premium, but can't tell me which one to move out of the game room to make room for them.....

#38 10 years ago

Indifferent is the poll option I need. She'll play the pins (and video games) when company is over and we're out there hanging out, but thats about it.

Social player, I guess you'd call it. Honestly, I like it that way. I don't want the piping in on what I sell, keep or buy.

#39 10 years ago

Me and my wife play every day. I usually play for an hour and then she comes down and plays for about twenty. Her favorite game was xenon. But now she really likes firepower. She likes close encounters prolly as much as me. I try to keep her into it caus then I can get more pins. Ha ha she actually holds the high score in ce3k

#40 10 years ago

My wife plays pinball all the time. I wish she would let me play. But she runs the house and I work all the time. Someday I will get to play too.!

#41 10 years ago

The Wife and all the Grown Kids(30's+) Love Pinball!

#42 10 years ago

Sadly, my wife was the first one to get "Ruler of the Universe" on our freshly restored AFM. Luckily, it only stayed there for a few hours until I took back my rightful position on the throne!

We love playing and competing at pinball!

#43 10 years ago

No!

I just asked (again) tonight. "Honey, want to play a couple games of pinball with me?" Blank look. "Maybe if I help you with what is going on and you understand some of the goals you might like it more?"

Reply - "Maybe not"

#44 10 years ago

Of course!
    Couple nights a week we try to play.
    F-14 is here because she wanted it.
    Stargate is on her wishlist, as is Spiderman.

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from TOK:

Indifferent is the poll option I need. She'll play the pins (and video games) when company is over and we're out there hanging out, but thats about it.

Sounds familiar.

#46 10 years ago

Well it sounds like the key is to find one that she likes to begin with and not something that I buy and hope that she likes it. Now I just need to take her to the Expo I guess, instead of taking one of my grown kids. But then I will have to buy her one which probably won't be on my wishlist, but I guess that will be a starting point. The old Happy Wife, Happy Life thing.

#47 10 years ago

My wife and I played Borg for an hour at sterns arcade, we'll see if she gets more interested now.
    Hell, she even beat him on his Metallica LE there !!

#48 10 years ago

Pins.... and vids too

TFTC is her favorite.

M01.jpgM01.jpg M02.jpgM02.jpg

#49 10 years ago

When you ask "What would you like for our anniversary? Diamonds? Emeralds?" and you get the response, "I want a NIB Transformers LE Combo", what do you do????

We are really enjoying the new pin. lol

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from smokey_789:

Yeah, she plays, but gets frustrated when she can't beat my high scores. So for her birthday, I reset them and she had all the high scores. For about fifteen minutes!

How sweet

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-your-wife-play-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.