• Hell no! 10 votes
    12%
  • Yes like peanut butter and jelly. 59 votes
    72%
  • Not going there. 13 votes
    16%

(82 votes)

#1 5 years ago

Title says it all. Since holidays coming up.. thought I would ask...

#2 5 years ago

Yes, now reverse the question

#3 5 years ago

Parents, Yes.
Other family, sometimes No.

#4 5 years ago

They like her better than me. I don’t blame them.

#5 5 years ago

Family are like fish; If they stay around to long they start to stink up the house.

My wife gets along with my parents as well as I do, we’re not very close, visit a couple times a year.

I dont like her family much. It shows regularly that my wife loves her family more then they love her. They’re useless people in my mind.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Family are like fish; If they stay around to long they start to stink up the house.

It is funny that is such an American (and Canadian) thing to say. Our cultures differ so much from say Japan or the middle east where it is typical to live with your parents until they die.

#7 5 years ago

Yes, although we don't live near them and we don't see them too often, maybe a couple times a year . We see my wife's family even less, and I have to admit I have a hard time hanging out with them sometimes, but they're good people just trying to get by just like us.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from crank:

They like her better than me. I don’t blame them.

This is the situation for my wife and my parents as well. My mom adored my wife and they spoke on the phone almost every day. My dad thinks she is Wonder Woman.

The other way (me to her parents) isn't as filled with rainbows and sunflowers.

#9 5 years ago

Everyone loves my wife, it is me who is difficult to get warmed up to. Her parents lost out on the in-law contest for sure.

#10 5 years ago

In my experience, most women don't get along with their mother-in-laws. There is just something about the dynamic that causes friction.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I dont like her family much. It shows regularly that my wife loves her family more then they love her. They’re useless people in my mind.

Same...don’t it drive you crazy all she does for them then they shit on her...especially when she needs something...I’ve been dealing with it 20 years now...mine says she knows...she does it so when she meets her maker she can say she did all she could...I commend her for that but it doesn’t drive me any less crazy..........Joey

#12 5 years ago

My wife likes my Father, my Mother, not so much. It's a reoccurring theme, it was the same with with my ex-wife too.

#13 5 years ago

I think my folks probably like my wife more than me.

+ Her parents are fan-fuckin-tastic, so it's win-win!!!!

#14 5 years ago

My parents have been gone for about 3 years now but there was no one that did more for them than my wife and I. My parents LOVED my wife. She did all the little caring things for them that men just don't do...especially for my mom.

#15 5 years ago

My parents and brother have passed away so I dont have much family left but we got along great. The only time my wife hears from her family is when they need money. THE ONLY TIME. So she has finally learned to not take their calls.

#16 5 years ago

For the most part. But there are limits to exposure, and the “mother-in-law clause” in our marriage. If we spend the day/evening with the mother-in-law, we get to have a few drinks when it’s done.

#17 5 years ago

No, and I don't like hers either (but I still hate my mom more than her parents).

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

No, and I don't like hers either (but I still hate my mom more than her parents).

Nice!

#19 5 years ago

Man I’m shocked by the amount that’s get along with in-laws . It’s amazing

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man I’m shocked by the amount that’s get along with in-laws . It’s amazing

Not everbody is a Jerry Springer episode waiting to happen.

#21 5 years ago

Yes I’m not even in the equation....

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Damn, your mom touch your soft wood or something.

#23 5 years ago

Dad yes, mom no!

#24 5 years ago

My parents are awesome, and so is my wife. They get along famously. My dad is a quiet dude that’s super easy going. My mom is great and extremely supportive when it comes to the grandkids, and she and my wife can talk about anything.

My in laws though... Yikes! The Dad is an artist, and while not a bad guy, is certainly not my type of dude. He’s pedantic and smug for a guy that accomplished a lot less than I have. The mother is borderline evil. Awful women.

#25 5 years ago

She loves my parents..... I refuse to see hers lol. They hate me

1 week later
#26 5 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Damn, your mom touch your soft wood or something.

I don't even want to know what the hell that's supposed to mean....BUT...

When you get married, and tell your mom that you're now expecting your first child, and her response is LITERALLY "Okay, bye." and she shuts the door in your face...

F that B--ch. I don't need that in my life, and nobody else that has relatives like that should put up with their crap either!

#27 5 years ago

I guess this is something an unmarried man doesn't really think much about.

Or give a shit about.

#28 5 years ago

My wife can't stand my mom . I can only take so much of my mom but I only see her 2 days a year. You would have to meet her to understand.

#29 5 years ago

I've got a Debra vs. Marie Barone kind of situation in my family

#30 5 years ago

I may be lucky. I get along well with her parents, she gets along well with mine. If I could buy the house next to ours and have my in-laws move in next door I would. With that said I am sure both our mothers will outlive their husbands. When our mothers are too old to live on their own we will probably have them move in with us. You don't hear that often.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-your-wife-get-along-with-your-parents- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.