(Topic ID: 275899)

Does Your Taste in Machines Make You Feel Like a Bad Fan?

By Karl_Hungus

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Krupps4
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RecklessPlainBarnacle-poster (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from Karl_Hungus:

So, my two modern machines are Star Wars and Ghostbusters, two of the most maligned machines in recent history and to top it off, I paid $750 for the Star Wars topper. I love both machines because the franchises are part of my childhood and I love the callouts on Ghostbusters. The music and speech in that game always make me happy. I admit even though I always dreamed of owning a Star Wars pinball machine, I waited 'till the comic edition came out because the original art did not blow me away. Now between the themes and the play of the games, I am thoroughly in love with both of them.
I consider myself an adequate player. I know the ins and outs and what have yous of pinball and have been playing my whole life. I place well in my pinball league and put up respectable scores. I think I am a good pinball fan.
I have to admit though, sometimes I come on here and read the threads and feel like I made bad choices based on other people's opinions on the machines. Has Pinside ever influenced your choice in machines or mods or do you go with your gut and other opinions be damned?

Pinside will make you feel like every pin is a piece of garbage. People will dig their heels in and constantly point out the flaws. If you enjoy it, stick to the club owner thread. Ignore everything else, you will get destroyed; Who-Dey got pummeled for his love of Munsters.

Final opinion, the internet vitriol is skin deep. If I was a guest at your place I would be very excited to play your games knowing how much you like them. Your enthusiasm for them would want me to play them. Playing pinball with someone who loves their collection is contagious. If you had a SF2 and told me how much you enjoy it, I would be thrilled to play it. Many of the games I play now are because a friend really loved the game and took the time to show me the rules.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 49.95
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 55.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-your-taste-in-machines-make-you-feel-like-a-bad-fan?tu=bigt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.