(Topic ID: 187986)

Does your riverboat gambler have a ' bong ' on start up

By Hawk007

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hey everyone. just wondering if everyone elses RBG goes bong on start up. I know every williams does after high speed but this one does not and yet the sound works fine. My friend also has one and his does the exact same thing. No start up bong. Coincidence or is there something afoot?

What does yours do?

#2 6 years ago

is it WPC? sys 11s don't bong.

-c

#3 6 years ago

I'm pretty sure that a lot of the guys on here have a "bong" before any game they play. LOL....

#4 6 years ago

system 11's do bong on start up. I have lots of them and they almost all do with one exception being high speed. All wpc's do too. Its only this one I have ever come across which has no start up bong and yet the sound works fine.
odd.

#5 6 years ago

bump for evening crowd. no owners out there ?

#6 6 years ago

My sys 11 RK...no bong on start up............Joey

#7 6 years ago

RBG does not "bong" regarding sound testing on boot up.
The game uses a D-11581 Sound Board which is pre-DCS which upon booting produces that classic System 11 electromagnetic "humming" while in attract mode. The humming is normal due to interference from lamp board.
If severe check the capacitors, +5 vdc, and grounding line.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 30.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Electronics
Mod Magic!

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-your-riverboat-gambler-have-a-bong-on-start-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.