Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 625 posts
  • 318 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 days ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7522.jpeg
    IMG_7523.jpeg
    4353485 (resized).jpg
    samuel-l-jackson-shocked.gif
    Screenshot_20221220-012626_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20221220-012624_Facebook (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220815_133524112_HDR (resized).jpg
    20220724_102721.jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220528_090115997 (resized).jpg
    20220212_150907 (resized).jpg
    20220410_200249.jpg
    20211226_182035 (resized).jpg
    20211211_175715 (resized).jpg
    20220103_084010 (resized).jpg
    1FC32B6F-39E6-42A9-AD6E-B937E2CBEBE0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adania.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#401 6 years ago

I guess i'm technically my own girl, and i certainly do play... i even technically own a pinball machine now, although i'm not actually in the same timezone as it.

So ladies, do any of your guys play?? (I see at least two or three have chimed in before i'm posting now.)
    I find that while i can occasionally interest male friends in playing, they usually get bored before long. One date i often would ask to drive me to competitions, would introduce himself as "cannon fodder" to the other players on the assumption that he would be losing to them all. He always goes straight to the driving games (ignoring the pinball) when visiting friendly gamerooms, even though we might have just gotten out of the car!
    An old college buddy of mine only ever would play AFM. And he's got the GC on the local back in my hometown. He's been trying to rule the world on the new one they got there when the remakes came out, but so far no luck. Got him to join me on one of the other machines they have there when i was in town last, and he went right back to AFM after one game of Star Wars with me.
    Another old friend from those years will only play Monster Bash (i suspect he'll like CFTBL too, tho, as he has a thing for Universal Monsters, but he'd never heard of it when i asked him and there isn't one in Ann Arbor that i know of, except at VFW...).

Mostly i have not dated guys into pinball, but i prefer to, since i don't have any of my own games. Tell me you have pinball in your bedroom, and i might want to follow you there! (Other rooms are good too, of course! The more pinball, the better!)
    However, inviting a girl over to watch Tommy is mayyybe not the best idea for a first date. But perhaps not the worst either! (no, i still haven't managed to watch the whole thing)

I have cancelled or ended dates early because i decided i would rather just go play pinball too... One of my most recent attempts to date (met online) ended early when i realized i was not listening to him AT ALL, too distracted thinking about how as soon as the date was over i was gonna go check out the new GOTG a few blocks away that i had just seen announced online earlier that day. Come to think of it, my next date (with another boring young man who doesn't play pinball) abruptly ended when i realized that we were right next door to a venue i had not played at yet in town, and i wanted to go check it out more than continue the date past the coffee stage.

On a vaguely related note, i find playing pinball in bars is a good way to filter out the creeps when you're out on your own. Like, seriously dude, you think interrupting my multiball to mainsplain is gonna get you my phone number?? But the ones that stand back until you've drained on your own to strike up the conversation might be worth giving a chance.
    It's always better to have some activity to keep you occupied when you're a single woman alone in a bar. Enjoying a drink by yourself makes you such a target for all the lonely crazies who think you're just waiting for them to come along and bother you.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adania.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-your-girl-play-too?tu=adania and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.