Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 625 posts
  • 318 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 52 days ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7522.jpeg
    IMG_7523.jpeg
    4353485 (resized).jpg
    samuel-l-jackson-shocked.gif
    Screenshot_20221220-012626_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20221220-012624_Facebook (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220815_133524112_HDR (resized).jpg
    20220724_102721.jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220528_090115997 (resized).jpg
    20220212_150907 (resized).jpg
    20220410_200249.jpg
    20211226_182035 (resized).jpg
    20211211_175715 (resized).jpg
    20220103_084010 (resized).jpg
    1FC32B6F-39E6-42A9-AD6E-B937E2CBEBE0 (resized).jpeg
    There are 625 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 13.
    #301 6 years ago

IMG950198 (resized).jpgIMG950198 (resized).jpg

#302 6 years ago

And here I am, trying to find a dude who plays. Not a "Help Wanted" ad. Just... a funny juxtaposition.

1 month later
    #303 6 years ago

Yes when I make her lol

20170915_223229 (resized).jpg20170915_223229 (resized).jpg

#304 6 years ago

I used to joke bring your own date to pinball.

Every girl rule.

Every girl is someone's daughter, date or wife.

That is of course always true.

I realized early on pinball might not a great place to find girls. See every girl rule.

So I brought my own. She likes pinball and that is good. I see it fresh through her eyes and mine.

I have different goals at the party now. Wingman opportunities are the game.

Good times is the result.

#305 6 years ago

My wife will play on occasion, she loves Comet but does like the visuals of Lethal Weapon 3 as well.

#306 6 years ago

My girl at California extreme caught not playing pinball or arcades or anything...

She would kill me if she saw me posting this. Ha ha!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#307 6 years ago

My wife loves to play and is quite competitive when it comes to high scores. She recently played a Hobbit (Smaug edition) and now wants one. A good problem to have I guess

However, my mother was in town last month visiting from the east coast. When she found out we had two pinball machines, her eyes lit up light a kid on Christmas. Turns out back in the 1970's she was quite "addicted" to pinball and dumped lots of coin into them at some arcade on Bloor street in Toronto. She couldn't remember the name of the place or the pinball machines she played....all she remembered was that she was worried she was "becoming addicted", lol

Here's some gameplay footage of her playing my TFTC. It's not in the video but she sounded like a sailor whenever a ball would drain on her.

[Dead link removed]

#308 6 years ago

I Recently got my first machine and a new girlfriend (about 4 months in). The first time she came over after I got my TAF I left the lights down and she never noticed it in the corner of my living room as there were other things to attend to.

When I finally showed it to her she was super excited and was familiar with addams family (which I had no idea since she grew up in Europe)

She loved playing and made sure to tell me she wanted to get romantic on the machine (which hasn't happened yet but may someday) However she tends to hit both flippers at the same time and I'm trying to get her to do the right way.

I recently saw my long time ex and she heard I got a machine and her first question was "what did you get that for?"

#309 6 years ago

At this point I hope to never ever speak to my ex of 25 years. I had enough.

My fiancée irreplaceable, though. I am now the eternal wingman.

#310 6 years ago

Here's my wife, when I talk about getting a new pin. She despises anything "fun".

wicked-witch-west (resized).jpgwicked-witch-west (resized).jpg

#311 6 years ago

Well me I'm in the rare position that my wife is a Pinhead by herself and with a large collection on her own too. That's also the reason why I concentrate myself on collecting the Williams Mardi Gras (I've been asked this recently)

#312 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Here's my wife, when I talk about getting a new pin. She despises anything "fun".

From the down vote it looks like she found this thread. Ha ha.

#313 6 years ago

My old lady plays a lil..she actually 'claims ' to have 1 of our games, which she doesn't play to often. Sadly, I can't sell it to make room for another pin..her elliptical doesn't get used either..but I know better on not to mention anything about that..lol

#314 6 years ago

My girl used to go in her sons room when he is on Xbox because a cuss word might slip out. She cuts him a little slack lately because she said I realized when we are on your pins I "f" like a sailor.

#315 6 years ago

She actually enjoys going to the shows with me.

20170930_113817 (resized).jpg20170930_113817 (resized).jpg

#316 6 years ago

My wife loves pinball! We play together and can be quite competitive. Sad part is she usually beats me.

#317 6 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

By 'girl' I thought you meant daughter. My wife doesn't care to play at all. My daughter Sarah, on the other hand, is the #4 woman in the world and #339 overall by IFPA points.
    http://www.ifpapinball.com/rankings/women.php
    She usually beats me on a regular basis.

You got a pretty pinball badass over here

#318 6 years ago

My wife will play occasionally. I actually got her to go to MGC last year! She won't go out of the way to turn the machines on. But if I leave them on and she's walking by she will play. She really likes WOZ though. But shes doesn't want me to spend the money on one.

#319 6 years ago

One thing I tell all the cool girls who Dont Already play pinball;

They should play.

One reason. There are like ALL guys in pinball.

The girls could have a field day here. Again I'm the eternal wingman.

So remember guys. Be nice. Please. I'm trying to send the hotties your way. Constantly.

#320 6 years ago

I'm blessed enough to have a wife that not only supports my hobby, but actively encourages and plays with me!! I love you @wifeinat0r!

#321 6 years ago

She sure does ..

IMG_20161127_191832 (resized).jpgIMG_20161127_191832 (resized).jpg

#322 6 years ago

I am happy to say that my wife certainly does. We are newlyweds, but she has already been to SFGE and a local tournament, and is planning to go to more with me. She seems to really enjoy it which makes me a happy man!

SFGE2017_Jess02PS (resized).jpgSFGE2017_Jess02PS (resized).jpg

#323 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

I can imagine hearing her now.
    WickedWitch-getmy-pinball_too (resized).jpgWickedWitch-getmy-pinball_too (resized).jpg

#324 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

because she said I realized when we are on your pins I "f" like a sailor.

Are you sure you meant to type it like that? Did you mean to say cuss like a sailor?

#325 6 years ago

After never really giving a rat's ass about pinball for years, my wife surprised me recently by playing some of "our" (wink wink) games on her own. On more than one occasion too!

She says she likes TWD the best so far.

Baby steps.

#326 6 years ago

My wife will ask me to put her in of she hears me start a game and shes not busy but rarely plays without me.I bought BR last week while the wife was in the hospital and I'm still alive.Since its her favorite pin that we didn't have yet I told her it was her get well present but we all know I bought it for me.

#327 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Are you sure you meant to type it like that? Did you mean to say cuss like a sailor?

Yes she lets a few slip too. Usually the f word.

#328 6 years ago

Oh yeah...

IMG_3349 (resized).JPGIMG_3349 (resized).JPG

#329 6 years ago

Your gameroom has a dress code?

#330 6 years ago

She’s enjoying “her” pin

D3A0B138-60C3-4EDD-B544-C8A674481204 (resized).jpegD3A0B138-60C3-4EDD-B544-C8A674481204 (resized).jpeg

#331 6 years ago

She plays.

1C238A7C-3749-4279-9D64-9C9EF598E4CF (resized).jpeg1C238A7C-3749-4279-9D64-9C9EF598E4CF (resized).jpeg

E9420A8A-86ED-4A42-AD47-0BCB983A467D (resized).jpegE9420A8A-86ED-4A42-AD47-0BCB983A467D (resized).jpeg

#332 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

She’s enjoying “her” pin

Ouch, that is cold, man.

#333 6 years ago

Mine still thinks nudging is cheating.

#334 6 years ago
    Quoted from deluge:

She's trying to tell you that a quick hug to an Ex is not allowed

#335 6 years ago

Damn!!! She just beat me twice in a row for the first time ever

#336 6 years ago
    Quoted from deluge:

Quoted from Taxman:

She's trying to tell you that a quick hug to an Ex is not allowed

nudge-nudge-wink-wink (resized).jpgnudge-nudge-wink-wink (resized).jpg

#337 6 years ago

Yep. She worked in arcades as a teen and is avid gamer. She owns a game too, WCS94... of course I get to handle all the maintenance.

#338 6 years ago

yep.

#339 6 years ago
    Quoted from Milltown:

She sure does ..

Beverage on the game - ahhh!!!

#340 6 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Beverage on the game - ahhh!!!

Cup-o-tokens?

#341 6 years ago

I'm jealous of all you guys. My wife looks at pinball like a BS throwaway children's game. The only reason she tolerates it is because we have a six year old that loves to play.

#342 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

I'm jealous of all you guys. My wife looks at pinball like a BS throwaway children's game. The only reason she tolerates it is because we have a six year old that loves to play.

I guess I am a six year old then

#343 6 years ago

This reminds me of kind of girls I used to hang out with. And there were plenty of them. No cell phones to distract them. I'm not sure I want to know where any of them are now.

601a6878c1904dd25b5f77f2818c4a02--arcade-games-pinball-games (resized).jpg601a6878c1904dd25b5f77f2818c4a02--arcade-games-pinball-games (resized).jpg

#344 6 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

I guess I am a six year old then

Me too!

#345 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

This reminds me of kind of girls I used to hang out with. And there were plenty of them. No cell phones to distract them. I'm not sure I want to know where any of them are now.

I would hang out with her anyday

#346 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I am particularly attracted to her handerpants

handerpants_header (resized).jpghanderpants_header (resized).jpg

#347 6 years ago

Since others have shared, Im trying to convince my cute new GF to pose with my Pin so I can post it here. Just trying to be a good community member

#348 6 years ago

My girl discovered slot machines this week in Vegas.

I was able to head over to phof and play for a couple hours. Pinball circus.

#349 6 years ago

Mine loves to play and encourages me to buy more machines. We play tandem a lot (one person on each flipper), this is a great way to get someone more interested because you are having fun together and they only have to worry about one flipper at a time. It is also a better way to show them how to play without explicitly telling them what to do. They will see the flipper skills you are using and can try to mimic you. It is the easiest way to introduce them to the rules of the game as well since you can tell them what you are shooting for and why, when they are playing with you it makes a lot more sense for them. Once they get more familiar with the shots on one side you can switch sides. We play this way when we go out to the arcade and we get comments from people about how cute it is, definitely a more appealing experience for a lot of women I would think.

#350 6 years ago
    Quoted from ziz:

Mine loves to play and encourages me to buy more machines. We play tandem a lot (one person on each flipper), this is a great way to get someone more interested because you are having fun together and they only have to worry about one flipper at a time. It is also a better way to show them how to play without explicitly telling them what to do. They will see the flipper skills you are using and can try to mimic you. It is the easiest way to introduce them to the rules of the game as well since you can tell them what you are shooting for and why, when they are playing with you it makes a lot more sense for them. Once they get more familiar with the shots on one side you can switch sides. We play this way when we go out to the arcade and we get comments from people about how cute it is, definitely a more appealing experience for a lot of women I would think.

Ok I am going to give this a go tonight with my wife...I will report back my results.

There are 625 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-your-girl-play-too/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.