Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 625 posts
  • 318 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 days ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7522.jpeg
    IMG_7523.jpeg
    4353485 (resized).jpg
    samuel-l-jackson-shocked.gif
    Screenshot_20221220-012626_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20221220-012624_Facebook (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220815_133524112_HDR (resized).jpg
    20220724_102721.jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220528_090115997 (resized).jpg
    20220212_150907 (resized).jpg
    20220410_200249.jpg
    20211226_182035 (resized).jpg
    20211211_175715 (resized).jpg
    20220103_084010 (resized).jpg
    1FC32B6F-39E6-42A9-AD6E-B937E2CBEBE0 (resized).jpeg
    There are 625 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 13.
    #151 8 years ago
    Quoted from CyberNinja24:

But, she loves the Skill Roll machine from the 50s

I have mixed reviews of this photo. Showing game control skills is important, nudging, bumping, pushing. But could this pic be NSFWP???
    Are you sure that she wouldn't like to try play an EM pin? Also never get rid of that Skill Roll.

2 weeks later
    #152 8 years ago

I have a Bally Skill Roll as well. Mine was in pretty bad shape when I got it. It had been sitting in water for quite some time so the bottom 6 inches of the game was rotted. It's an easy game to restore so I am doing one for my son too.

Darcy commented that you should never get rid of the Skill Roll. That's right on target. It's one of the game room favorites when guests come over. And Skill Rolls are hard to find.

IMG_0024_(resized).JPGIMG_0024_(resized).JPG

IMG_0025_(resized).JPGIMG_0025_(resized).JPG

1 week later
    #153 8 years ago

Sweet sassy molassy your skill roll looks awesome. Teach me your ways

#154 8 years ago

Wasn't a skill roll a game at expo this year? I believe I saw a massive crowd around it and the crowd cheering at times. Never seen a pin get that reaction in the free play area.

#155 8 years ago

Yes! To make matters worse, she is better!

Life sux

#156 8 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Wasn't a skill roll a game at expo this year?

I didn't notice a skill roll, but there was an Ice Cold Beer.

#157 8 years ago

How do I find one of these "girls?"

#158 8 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

It started here ... and 10 years later she is the #10 ranked woman player in the world.
    http://www.ifpapinball.com/rankings/women.php
    Nice one.
    rd

The first ever IFPA Woman's World Champs is in March in Vegas. The field is now set ... Danni in at #8 seed.

http://www.ifpapinball.com/2016-ifpa-womens-world-pinball-championship-field-is-set

rd

#159 8 years ago

My wife loves pinball!

#160 8 years ago

not only does she like to play (METLE her current favorite) she is now starting to help out with fixing them helping me last night.......& this morning with getting all the glue off the playfield after mylar removal

IMG_7450_(resized).JPGIMG_7450_(resized).JPG

IMG_7451_(resized).JPGIMG_7451_(resized).JPG

#161 8 years ago

#1 kudos to the guys with hot wives and girlfriends who like pinball. My wife tolerates it...but she is hot so that works out ok.

My focus is on my four year old daughter, she seems to be a natural and is the only one in my family that's always asking to play.

This is my son and daughter at my brother's house recently. So cute to see them on that step stool!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#162 8 years ago

Yup, we actually play together. She's also been on most trips I've taken to pick up games and always helps me bring them downstairs. During shop jobs she'll clean parts and has even installed a mod or two. She has been a huge supporter of me getting in the hobby. Glad to have her by my side for sure.

#163 8 years ago

It's pretty attractive when girls are actually into rulesets and know what they're doing instead of just smacking the flippers.

When explaining gameplay I have a few pieces of deep advice:
    You can never win at pinball, but, you can never lose
    It doesn't matter if you're not making shots, as long as the ball is in play you're doing good

_20160206_094701_(resized).JPG_20160206_094701_(resized).JPG

#164 8 years ago

My other half claims she only goes to the meetings for the social aspect and because I go. Every Thursday a group of us go round to each others houses and play on each others machines, she doesn't often come claiming she has work to do or recorded shows to catch up on. On more than one occasion I have come in late at night to discover my machines turned on, especially Metallica. Think I'm going to start checking the audits to see just how much she is practising when no one is watching her.

#165 8 years ago

I got my Girlfriend (who loves to playpinball) an engagement mod. I converted her to a Fiance.

IMG_1767_(resized).JPGIMG_1767_(resized).JPG

#166 8 years ago

Congrats!

#168 8 years ago

That'll learn ya!

#169 8 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

The first ever IFPA Woman's World Champs is in March in Vegas. The field is now set ... Danni in at #8 seed.
    http://www.ifpapinball.com/2016-ifpa-womens-world-pinball-championship-field-is-set
    rd

Well done! Pincade will be a good warm up for her then. Good luck Danni!

#170 8 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

I got my Girlfriend (who loves to playpinball) an engagement mod. I converted her to a Fiance.
    IMG_1767_(resized).JPG

Boy it's a good thing I got my shades on for that thing bling!

#171 8 years ago

When we bought this house, we were remodelling the family room of our old house for a pool table. I had to put an addition onto the new house and she had squirrelled away enough cash to buy the table...what a gal! I made the room big enough for some other toys, hinting that I wanted a pin. Next birthday, there is was...she has shopped around for a nice used machines in some pretty crummy places and surprised me with GW. That was 20 years ago. She plays occasionally...any girl playing pinball looks sexy to me and she knows it

#172 8 years ago

Yep! We were practicing for our spring pinball league last night!

IMG_20160211_204249_(resized).jpgIMG_20160211_204249_(resized).jpg

#173 8 years ago

Nope... she hates pinball and doesn't care at all....

#174 8 years ago

Mine plays - in fact she wanted an Avatar for her birthday a few years back. I was so delighted to hear that I got an LE version nib for her :p It was fun to see her unwrap the box.

#175 8 years ago
    Quoted from mittens:

Mine plays - in fact she wanted an Avatar for her birthday a few years back. I was so delighted to hear that I got an LE version nib for her :p It was fun to see her unwrap the box.

Does she still have it?

#176 8 years ago

My wife just an hour ago:

#177 8 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

That would be a 'NO'. Unless she really wants you to get rid of those 2 and get a Star Trek and a Medieval Madness.

#178 8 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

Does she still have it?

She does. #138

#179 8 years ago

I asked my wife what she wanted for Valentine's Day. She said: "The Haunted Forest Glowing Eyes mod for our WOZ, of course!"

Roses fade, candy makes us fat, mods just keep on giving.

Don C.

#180 8 years ago

My wife was really into pinball when I only had 3. Now that I have 17 she sorta hates pinball.

#181 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

My wife was really into pinball when I only had 3. Now that I have 17 she sorta hates pinball.

lol - that is great. I have had a bunch of hobbies / activities over the years. Some my wife has supported (pinball / scuba diving) others not so much (motorcycle racing / sport shooting). Pins are fairly harmless though they can be pricey. She doesn't mind overall and she's alright in my books :p

#182 8 years ago

i only have 1 ( but swapping a lot ) always tweaking, adjusting, learning, modding i think the look she sometimes gives me is a kind of secret woman sign language for : your an idiot! grow up! witch will never happen btw!

but love her annyway

#183 8 years ago

Both my girls play. Neither has my flipper skills yet though so im still house champion.

20160207_180408_(resized).jpg20160207_180408_(resized).jpg

#184 8 years ago

All my girls love pinball... Looks like I'm the odd man out. Need to pick up a fifth so no-one is left out

20160101_123451_(resized).jpg20160101_123451_(resized).jpg

#185 8 years ago

My date not only helps me buy, clean, fix, & move all of our pins. She's a Pinside member too.

#186 8 years ago

She's a keeper

#187 8 years ago

My wife plays, she actually picked out a few pins and I've bought them for her. Bad cats, Phantom of the Opera, and Heavy Metal Meltdown.

#188 8 years ago

All three of them do

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#189 8 years ago

If there were more cat games (bad cats aside) I'm sure my wife would want them all. If a manufacturer came out with a cat game where you could upload pics of your cat and they progressed along in game, it would be a hot seller for sure. Of course, it would have to be an LCD screen (which Hitler has recently been promoting).

#190 8 years ago

My wife actually played a few games this weekend, but went away mad. My two sons and one daughter in law played a little, but most of the play was done by 2 of my grandsons, ages 6 and 4. Everybody had some fun. I was praised for resurrecting the old Gold Wings and am now more encouraged to clean it up and get new rubber, balls and a manual for it. PBR, I will be calling soon!

IMG_1244_(resized).JPGIMG_1244_(resized).JPG

#191 8 years ago

By the way, my hours of work on it was all made worthwhile when my 6 YO grandson told me that our pinball is "way cooler than any video game!"

#192 8 years ago

picked up the wife's Valentines present from another pinsider yesterday...nice HUO spidey with shaker...she loves it
    020_(resized).jpg020_(resized).jpg

#193 8 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

image_(resized).jpeg

BEST POST EVER

#194 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

That sounds familiar...

#195 8 years ago

My girlfriend has been in every league and tournament I have (except state finals). It's great, because she helps pay for the pins!

#196 8 years ago

Yeah, she plays. Kicked my butt on Saturday too!

LOTR.jpgLOTR.jpg

smb2.jpgsmb2.jpg

#197 8 years ago

She is starting to learn the rules & strategies, & is enjoying the hobby more & more.

IMG_20160215_182330489_(resized).jpgIMG_20160215_182330489_(resized).jpg

#198 8 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Yep! We were practicing for our spring pinball league last night!

IMG_20160211_204249_(resized).jpg

And she has great taste in beer!

#199 8 years ago

she does and shes only 2

#200 8 years ago

Hell yeah! And kicks my butt in the scoring dept. Her parents love em too!

425_(resized).JPG425_(resized).JPG

419_(resized).JPG419_(resized).JPG

There are 625 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-your-girl-play-too/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.