Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 625 posts
  • 318 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 days ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7522.jpeg
    IMG_7523.jpeg
    4353485 (resized).jpg
    samuel-l-jackson-shocked.gif
    Screenshot_20221220-012626_Facebook (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20221220-012624_Facebook (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220815_133524112_HDR (resized).jpg
    20220724_102721.jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220528_090115997 (resized).jpg
    20220212_150907 (resized).jpg
    20220410_200249.jpg
    20211226_182035 (resized).jpg
    20211211_175715 (resized).jpg
    20220103_084010 (resized).jpg
    1FC32B6F-39E6-42A9-AD6E-B937E2CBEBE0 (resized).jpeg
    There are 625 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 13.
    #101 8 years ago

Pincovers.jpgPincovers.jpg

20151220_120507.jpg20151220_120507.jpg

#102 8 years ago

Got her an Elvira for our anniversary this Halloween. She played a little before but now it's on another level. She still hates when I'm up till 4am working on games but she'll come down Friday and Saturday nights with me and get a few solid hours of intense competition in.
    Video games though she has very little interest in. I got her a Star Wars and Crystal Castles just to keep her attention.

20151204_233519.jpg20151204_233519.jpg

20150621_190627.jpg20150621_190627.jpg

#103 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

My lady isn't like that. She loves all things nerdygeeky

My girlfriend was like this. She always wanted to go with me when I went to play on location. Then we got married and she figured she could stop feigning interest. Now she always passes when I ask if she wants to play pinball.

#104 8 years ago

My daughter has been playing them since she was 5. Jacks open was and still is her favourite. Tells me that's what she wants for a wedding present. I just might too. My wife loves to unwind with more than a few games but as others have said. Hates 2 player games if I have a good ball. Funny thing is there is nooooo problem when it's here having the extra long ball and rubs it in mercilessly. It's nice to be able to share my passion. Even though she still calls them stupid. IMVE went straight to the favourites list.

#105 8 years ago

My wife Barb, is a pinball freak. She's also a pretty good player. Much better than me.
    Spends her free time scouting Craig's List and Ebay for machines.
    She recently found one, went and bought it on her own while I was at work.

Barb_at_silverball_(resized).jpgBarb_at_silverball_(resized).jpg

#106 8 years ago

My daughter? ..........not so much.

482091_(resized).jpg482091_(resized).jpg

#107 8 years ago

I wish my wife could work on my games when I was at work, that would be the best. Does anybodys wife say it's not the right time every time you buy, and she's against it. But once you get it home and all set up she wants first game and you can't get her off it.

#108 8 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

My daughter? ..........not so much.

482091_(resized).jpg

Boo! I bet she doesn't even like the ramones!

#109 8 years ago

My Daughter loves pinball, her favorite game is LOTR, she informed me that I have to give it to her when she gets married as a wedding gift.

She also helps out in the basement every now and then.

Anyone know who that guy is?

My wife also plays every now and then, TAF is her favorite.

IMG_1178.JPGIMG_1178.JPG

IMG_2281.JPGIMG_2281.JPG

IMG_3389.JPGIMG_3389.JPG

IMG_3391.JPGIMG_3391.JPG

IMG_0018.JPGIMG_0018.JPG

#110 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

Here are some less provocative shots of my baby.

IMG_0749.jpg IMG_0751.jpg IMG_0781.jpg

Provocative shots are fine

#111 8 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

My girlfriend was like this. She always wanted to go with me when I went to play on location. Then we got married and she figured she could stop feigning interest. Now she always passes when I ask if she wants to play pinball.

Sounds like she just wanted to spend time with you, but maybe was never into pins in the first place. My girlfriend was a big nerd before we met - so I have no reason to think she's feigning interest. In any case, neither of us would try to force the other to do something we weren't into. If she didn't wanna do pin stuff w/ me, she can pass. I didn't wanna see Star Wars, so she went w/ her friends. It's all good.

#112 8 years ago
    Quoted from gatordad:

Anyone know who that guy is?
    IMG_1178.JPGIMG_2281.JPGIMG_3389.JPGIMG_3391.JPGIMG_0018.JPG

An artist and former Graphic Arts Department manager at the best Pinball and Slot Machine manufacturer that ever existed. Paul Faris

#113 8 years ago

The missus might have a game every now and then, it's a rare sight though.

#114 8 years ago

Is that 2pac's Brenda?

That's the jam... No, actually that song was shitty.

#115 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

An artist and former Graphic Arts Department manager at the best Pinball and Slot Machine manufacturer that ever existed. Paul Faris

We have a winner!!!

cool short story
    Paul was the chair of the art department when my daughter was in high school
    One of her art pieces was selected for a show

Paul was the mc of the the awards ceremony

I told Paul I see lots of skulls and crossbones but I don't see any centaurs

He looks at me with a double take and says..... Do you know?
    I respond with Oh I know!!!!!

His face lite up and we briefly discussed some of his work
    It's amazing that a certain topic or period in ones life can have such an effect on someone

This hobby is awesome

#116 8 years ago

ex wife REFUSED to play any of my machines. Same thing with my massaging chair "I'll never sit in that thing". Seems whatever brought me joy she wasn't interested in. 25 years before I wised up. New girlfriend loves pinball.

#117 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Sounds like she just wanted to spend time with you, but maybe was never into pins in the first place. My girlfriend was a big nerd before we met - so I have no reason to think she's feigning interest. In any case, neither of us would try to force the other to do something we weren't into. If she didn't wanna do pin stuff w/ me, she can pass. I didn't wanna see Star Wars, so she went w/ her friends. It's all good.

Wife dragged me to Star Wars. I went with low expectations, but apparently not low enough. Worst Star Wars yet. Carrie Fisher had enough Botox in her face to kill an elephant. She could barely talk let alone show any emotion. Harrison Fords acting was more mechanical than Anthony Daniels C3PO.

#118 8 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Wife dragged me to Star Wars. I went with low expectations, but apparently not low enough. Worst Star Wars yet. Carrie Fisher had enough Botox in her face to kill an elephant. She could barely talk let alone show any emotion. Harrison Fords acting was more mechanical than Anthony Daniels C3PO.

Literally?

Quoted from jesster64:

ex wife REFUSED to play any of my machines. Same thing with my massaging chair "I'll never sit in that thing". Seems whatever brought me joy she wasn't interested in. 25 years before I wised up. New girlfriend loves pinball.

What does she think of the massage chair?

#119 8 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Bwahahahaha!!!!!

Chewie....we're home......the retirement home....

#120 8 years ago

My wife won't set foot in the pinball room, she does not like them at all.. the other day she was sitting outside the room, and says that one looks different now, I had installed the Shadow package on it, THAT she liked. She used to like LAH back in the day, got another one, don't think she has more than 2 games on it. Says she likes Stern Batman.. My 6 year old son is really starting to get into it though, the best is when he gives advice to other players...

#121 8 years ago

Yup

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#122 8 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

She'll play if I ask her. She likes to ahem, play with me on her knees to test my focus while I play sometimes which is fun too.

image.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg

Ha.....my wife used to do that for me while I was on the phone....usually I could handle it....but when my mom called...!!!..............Joey

#123 8 years ago

Barb trying out our newly shopped Barnacle Bill.

12-24_(resized).JPG12-24_(resized).JPG

12-24-1_(resized).JPG12-24-1_(resized).JPG

#124 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

Here are some less provocative shots of my baby.

IMG_0749.jpg IMG_0751.jpg IMG_0781.jpg

notrashcougar is your baby? I'm sure scott appreciates it.

#125 8 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

LOL...one of the reasons I love my relationship - we don't "drag" each other to anything we're not into....but we're 98% into the same stuff, so it's all good. I might go see SW w/ her if she wants to go again - but honestly I just have zero interest in it. I've never understood the "religious fervor" about these movies. I liked them when I was a kid...but I grew out of it. Saw the re-release of SW while I was in college and was bored out of my mind. From what I've read, this new one is kind of a re-hash of the original - so I might be bored again.

#126 8 years ago

Not really, she does like to watch. Merry Christmas

21137M_(resized).jpg21137M_(resized).jpg

#127 8 years ago

That looks just like my girl?
    Interesting

#128 8 years ago

Mine does not play, but is very supportive of my hobby.

#129 8 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

My next wife will.

What he said.

#130 8 years ago

Mine plays with her both flippers @ once action which cracks me up and when she does manage to beat me she wants me to take a picture and go first next game for winning great fun when she plays

#131 8 years ago

We bought our first pin about six years ago (CFTBL) because my wife loves the movie, and I love pinball. She was never much of a pinball player, but enjoyed playing the game. It was in the house less than a month, and I came home one day from work to find a like-new Road Show in the living room. She bragged about finding it online, and getting a great deal on it.

Since then we've owned over 21 pins, with as many as 14 in the house at one time. She not only plays them, but loves to restore them. She's great with mechanical fixes, paint restoration, etc...and real handy troubleshooting electrical problems too.

She also has the high score on 90% of our machines, and routinely kills me. Not just beats me, but kills me. Love it when male pinball friends come over and get totally schooled by a "girl".

We've sold or traded lots of pins, but my wife is a keeper!

Les & Abby Rayburn
    Birmingham, AL

#132 8 years ago

My wife and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary in 2016. We play pinball a few times a week and she can talk shit with the best of 'em (even you Beezle) LOL

011be1d4ea2355e10dde84828b50d4a2bba848da2d_(resized).jpg011be1d4ea2355e10dde84828b50d4a2bba848da2d_(resized).jpg

#133 8 years ago

My 5 year old put up a 24 million on this pic. ..yep its a family thing

20160101_205202_(resized).jpg20160101_205202_(resized).jpg

#134 8 years ago
    Quoted from Brazy:

20160101_205202_(resized).jpg

glad she is rocking the beer while she plays like a champ!

#135 8 years ago

My 5yr old putting up 2 bills on AFM. 2 shots from TA and one from MMb.

#137 8 years ago
    Quoted from Brazy:

20160101_205202_(resized).jpg

But.....your profile collection says you own a TWD Pro, yet I see Premium cabinet art. I'm so confused D:....!

#138 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

glad she is rocking the beer while she plays like a champ!

Lol. ..come on guys, it's a coney island hard root beer at least. ..she's working up to dads bourbon

#139 8 years ago

Why yes, at MGC.

20150411_125811_(resized).jpg20150411_125811_(resized).jpg

#140 8 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

But.....your profile collection says you own a TWD Pro, yet I see Premium cabinet art. I'm so confused D:....!

Ah yes. ..pinside maintainance. .i do believe I saw that before and now it is corrected!

#141 8 years ago

It started here ... and 10 years later she is the #10 ranked woman player in the world.

http://www.ifpapinball.com/rankings/women.php

Nice one.

rd

DSCF0345_(resized).JPGDSCF0345_(resized).JPG

#142 8 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

It started here ... and 10 years later she is the #10 ranked woman player in the world.
    http://www.ifpapinball.com/rankings/women.php
    Nice one.
    rd

DSCF0345_(resized).JPG

What a long 11 years... I've grown up so much

What went wrong?

#143 8 years ago
    Quoted from Danni_NZ:

What a long 11 years... I've grown up so much
    What went wrong?

Dunno.

lol

rd

#144 8 years ago

Here's one from tonight..

2016-01-08_(resized).jpg2016-01-08_(resized).jpg

#145 8 years ago

Nope...I wish she would. But she has probably played 10 minutes in 10 years.

#146 8 years ago

Not pinball per se but still, she's a gamer:

#147 8 years ago

Wife wants nothing to do with my pinball lineup. But, she loves the Skill Roll machine from the 50s.

#149 8 years ago
    Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Wife wants nothing to do with my pinball lineup. But, she loves the Skill Roll machine from the 50s.

What the hell is she doing to it??

#150 8 years ago

She's trying to block it from view so no one says, "Hey is your Skill Roll for sale?"

There are 625 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-your-girl-play-too/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.