Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0980samll.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I was playing a game with a buddy, when it was his turn we got to talking on a subject while the ball was sitting in the shooter lane and after about a minute or two it auto launched the ball (and fired some other coils to I think, possibly like ball search mode)....

I don't have any switch errors and im pretty sure my shooter lane switch is fine...

- Code Glitch?
- Designed on purpose to move the games along?

Or I just have a ghost in my machine?

EDIT: Nobody hit the flipper buttons to launch it or anything, we were completely away from the machine.

#2 11 years ago

Check in your adjustments and see if you have something turned on that does that.

LTG

#3 11 years ago

Standard adjustments. Timed plunger.

LTG

#4 11 years ago

Great. I'll take a look when I get home Lloyd. Thanks.

#5 11 years ago

Mine has started doing something annoying lately. When you plunge, ball goes to the juke box hole, kicks out, hits the gate, goes back in the juke box. I've had it do this as many as 4 times in a row.

What could change that would cause that to just start happening?

#6 11 years ago

Yep Lloyd got it.

#7 11 years ago

sounds indeed like the auto plunger option.

#8 11 years ago

Mine has been doing this and it has been the TNT drops resetting for no reason.
I have been just reseating the connectors on the AC/DC drops and TNT drops and it will go away for a few weeks.(route game)
I will reflow the pins on those connectors soon, and hopefully fix the problem for good.
I have seen 3 LE/Prem's with this issue.
-DNO-

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from DrainO:

Mine has started doing something annoying lately. When you plunge, ball goes to the juke box hole, kicks out, hits the gate, goes back in the juke box. I've had it do this as many as 4 times in a row.
What could change that would cause that to just start happening?

I have a new switch on the way from Stern for my juke box hole.
Sometimes it will be in change song hole and the ball will just sit there.
Other time is will kick it out softly without allowing the song change.
I adjusted the switch last month and it worked for awhile, but now seems to be getting worse.
I will let everyone know if the new switch fixes the problem. (I'm sure it will.)

#10 11 years ago

My auto-plunger only shoots the ball into the juke box hole about 80-85% of the time. The rest of the time, the ball doesn't quite make it that far. Is this normal?

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

My auto-plunger only shoots the ball into the juke box hole about 80-85% of the time. The rest of the time, the ball doesn't quite make it that far. Is this normal?

No. Mine always makes the shot.

Just realized who I was talking to.
I thought the Gweemster knew everything.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Mine has been doing this and it has been the TNT drops resetting for no reason.I have been just reseating the connectors on the AC/DC drops and TNT drops and it will go away for a few weeks.(route game)I will reflow the pins on those connectors soon, and hopefully fix the problem for good.I have seen 3 LE/Prem's with this issue.-DNO-

I just started a thread about my TNT drops auto resetting earlier today. The opto board and connections seems to be what is recommended to check. I'll be looking after work.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yes, if you want to make the jukebox you have to manual plunge..

Jim

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yes. Manual plunge makes it though.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Mine makes it 100%, but my game is brand new...could change over time? I noticed the one at PPE didn't make the Jukebox often.

#16 11 years ago

The auto plunge on my Acdc is erratic. Sometimes strong enough to make the jukebox other times barely makes the rollover lanes. I can see that the auto plunge mechanism is not lined up center with the ball but I don't see any easy adjustment. It's not bad enough to be a problem.

I have also had the jukebox switch problem and manually adjusted it and working for now. That's a flaky switch. I was missing a ball and the ball search wouldn't produce it. I had to turn the machine on and off and out it popped from the jukebox. Cost me a good game too. That was all a result of a double cannon feed. I tried the shooter tip on the cannon fix but it soon pops off. I don't want to bring up the dremel fix but I'm thinking about it.

I also hear what sounds like drop targets resetting at odd times during the game. Haven't focused to figure out what's actually happening and I'm just assuming its "normal", for now.

Acdc, my newest pin, and the one with the most issues.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from TavaLee:

Acdc, my newest pin, and the one with the most issues.

Knock on wood...but after my last 3 Sterns having their share of issues, I'm pleasantly pleased that my AC/DC Prem has been relatively perfect out of the box ....why, I feel like a regular Markmon!!!!!

#18 11 years ago

I activate a 30 second auto plunge on my games when hosting a party.

That way I don't walk by a loud TSPP with a 4 player game left at ball 2.

#19 11 years ago

Check to make sure your shooter lane switch is registering. If that switch is not registering it can cause the game to go into ball search when the ball is sitting there.

#20 11 years ago

My AC/DC was getting very picky about letting me change songs with the top VUK switch.
I ordered a new small black micro switch from Chaz and it came in yesterday.
Only problem is, this is what he sent me.
It is neither small, black or a micro switch. Guess I will be giving him a call on Monday.
Not sure where this part would even go.
My machine has gotten so bad that I can almost never change songs.

IMG_0980samll.jpgIMG_0980samll.jpg

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I just started a thread about my TNT drops auto resetting earlier today. The opto board and connections seems to be what is recommended to check. I'll be looking after work.

Took me 3 days to get enough free time to look at this. In switch test mode, my AC/DC optos were firing all by themselves without touching the game. Reseating the connectors on both target banks fixed it. Just doing the AC/DC bank was not enough. Guess I'll pull and reflow the headers next time it acts up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

16,500 (Firm)
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 29.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-your-acdc-premiumle-do-this and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.