(Topic ID: 137892)

Does this sound like standard shipping practice?

By EvanDickson

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

So I bought a game from the other side of the country, and have hired Day and Ross to ship it to me. They sent a subcontractor of some sort to pick it up, in an open pickup truck, to bring it to the depot. In the rain. The seller poly wrapped it on my behalf.

The shipper did not have a pallet strapper, which I had requested so the seller could strap it to the pallet. Apparently if they can find some at the shop, they'll do it then.

I am very nervous about the safety of this shipment at this point. It seems very sketchy to me. I had assumed it would be picked up, by a covered van/truck, and by the company I hired, per my requested instructions. Am I being paranoid, or is this pretty much how shipping goes?

#2 8 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

It seems very sketchy to me

You pretty much said it all right
    there IMO

#3 8 years ago

Who the F is Day and Ross? This is NOT how shipping goes.

#4 8 years ago

Not in my experience. Hope it gets to you in ok shape

#5 8 years ago

No... you're not being paranoid and no... this is in no way how shipping goes.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Who the F is Day and Ross? This is NOT how shipping goes.

I had to Google them. Apparently a shipping company. I never heard of them either.

#7 8 years ago

I think some shippers do this, have a small truck bring stuff to a big depot to be put on a truck. I sold a crane machine to a guy up north one time. A small covered truck came and got the machine, then drove it down to Florida to a depot. Then it came back up the coast on a big truck and finally to its destination. Regardless, the shipping company should disclose all this especially if you are paying for a covered blanket wrapped shipment.

#8 8 years ago

How much did they charge you to get it across the great white north?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-this-sound-like-standard-shipping-practice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.