(Topic ID: 44441)

Does this look like a good set of Allen Wreches needed for pin repair?

By cscmtp

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by cscmtp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

http://www.amazon.com/TEKTON-2520-Folding-Wrench-11-Piece/dp/B000NPPAF2/ref=sr_1_1

I need to take my Hulk off to replace the coil and I don't have the proper size allen wrench. I THINK its a 3/32. Does this look like a good set to buy? Any suggestions?

#2 11 years ago

anyone?

#3 11 years ago

Get this instead: http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-85-753-Piece-Long-Metric/dp/B000NIFJQE/ref=sr_1_2 Having it flip out of a holder like that gives less torque and no right angle ability for certain tight spots will get annoying quick.

#4 11 years ago

They will work but your better off with allen wrenches you can separate from the pack.

#5 11 years ago

Probably a 5/32 on your coil stop screws.

I use a big plastic folder/sleeve looking thing with both standard and metric sizes.

I also have a set of standard size T handle ones for coil stop screws and any needing more leverage.

I don't care for the ones like your link where they have a bunch of sizes and turn out the one you want. I find them cumbersome and harder to get into hard to reach areas.

LTG : )

#6 11 years ago

Incidentaly you can find them at hardware stores, or if you see an auto tool truck like Snap On or Mac, they have them too.

LTG : )

#7 11 years ago

I think you'll make out much better in the long run if you skip buying a set that looks like a Swiss Army knife and but a set that each wrench is a separate piece. "available wherever hardware is sold".

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Incidentaly you can find them at hardware stores

Lowe's and Home Depot both here in NC will have them.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I need to take my Hulk off to replace the coil and I don't have the proper size allen wrench. I THINK its a 3/32.

Assuming you got a manual, the blue section should list attaching hardware.

#10 11 years ago

Not sure what you are using the alen wrenches for. I have had mine out twice and only needed a philps, and 1/4 nut driver and I think a 11/32 socket. I think there is a alen type screw holding the posts on that his arms hook to but I have never taken that out, I just leave the post in.

#11 11 years ago

According to Chaz at Stern, I have to, from the bottom side of the playfield, use an allen wrench to be able to take Hulk all the way out. Has someone done this without a wrench??

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Get this instead: http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-85-753-Piece-Long-Metric/dp/B000NIFJQE/ref=sr_1_2 Having it flip out of a holder like that gives less torque and no right angle ability for certain tight spots will get annoying quick.

Thank you!

#13 11 years ago

Lol, that game is virtually brand new and coils are already burning up...

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I also have a set of standard size T handle ones for coil stop screws and any needing more

This is a must. Those coil bolts are not going to come out easy.

#15 11 years ago

Well I have done it twice without one but there may be a better way. Would be interested in how you do it. I never talked to stern I just looked it over and started taking it apart till I got it out.

They may be having you take him off the bracket. That might be easier than the way I have been doing it. Let me know how it works out.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

+1

We have a set a lot like that, and those are better than the swiss army knife type.

#17 11 years ago

ordered that recommended set from Amazon. Thanks everyone!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-this-look-like-a-good-set-of-allen-wreches-needed-for-pin-repair and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.