(Topic ID: 257738)

Does this board ever make you feel old? Out of touch?

By cscmtp

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Darkwing
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (2) (resized).jpg
    3jvtib (resized).jpg
    3jvh7k (resized).jpg
    creed-dark-hair1 (resized).png
    i-found-there-was-only-one-way-to-look-thin-53139876 (resized).jpg
    4612377C-BEB7-405E-B16F-277EBD31B7C2 (resized).jpeg
    There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago

51!
    Not at all feeling old reading forum.
    Got my order in for Rick & Morty
    Love the show, super excited.

May be in for a stranger things, not a dream theme for me - but I like the show and if it knocks my socks off with something new and innovative - I'm in

#52 4 years ago

I do rarely get bored with this board.

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Careful @o-din, don't let the kids catch you making dad jokes or you'll out yourself.

#54 4 years ago

Being old and being out of touch with pop culture is not the same. Methinks you have them confused. Most popular things are garbage so you are likely merely superior to the masses. Celebrate yourself.

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Born in '61. Never felt old in my life. Been teaching middle school for almost 30 years, and I'm planning on at least 30 more. Very much in touch.
    And I still play with my toys.

How do the kids in middle school ( it used to be be called junior high school---a long time ago ) compare to the kids you meet on Pinside ? Which ones are the best behaved ?

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Most popular things are garbage

3jvh7k (resized).jpg3jvh7k (resized).jpg
    #57 4 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

My story begins in nineteen-dickety-two. We had to say dickety because the Kaiser had stolen our word twenty. I chased that rascal to get it back, but gave up after dickety-six miles.
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem!
    Now, I'd like to digress from my prepared remarks to discuss how I invented the terlet...

Bart "Didn't you wonder why you were getting checks for doing absolutely nothing"
    Grandpa "I figured cause the democrats were in power again"

LOL

#58 4 years ago

The board doesn't make me feel old... the years I've been alive make me feel old.

However, Pinball makes me feel young. Multiball where I'm struggling to get a clear shot at the super jackpot makes me feel young. Every time I strike the "Elwin Pose" with two on one and one on the other makes me feel young. Destroying Mars makes me feel young. "Jack Fu**in Pot" makes me feel young. Collecting a CIU jackpot makes me feel young. Finishing F'in Light Cycle makes me feel young. Destroying the Vengeance makes me feel young. Hitting the spinner in HG while it is lit for 2k a spin makes me feel young. In fact a lit spinner in any game makes me feel young. Pinball, yeah, more pinball.

#59 4 years ago

Reading long paragraphs makes me feel old.

#60 4 years ago

No way!

This place makes me feel reassured that I'm really not THAT much of a weirdo for still being obsessed with pinball, heavy metal, comic art, arcade games, and other "childish things" at age 45!

Quoted from Spraynard:

[quoted image]

One can easily avoid that fate with a little self-awareness and vigilance!

#61 4 years ago

Im 60, and still a kid trying to get Laid!

#62 4 years ago

What most young people think is cool I think sucks. From my point of view they're the ones out of touch and we are the cool ones.

#63 4 years ago

Out of touch? We some of the themes released in the last few years: Hobit, Wizard of Oz, Rick/Morty, Dead Pool, etc I do not know if I am too old or too young. These themes just do nothing for me. I am in my 50's. I have never seen a Hobit movie, I do not even understand the interest in Rick/Morty, I feel too young for Wizard of Oz and when Dead Pool came out I was excited that it was a new Dirty Harry pin.

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

What most young people think is cool I think sucks. From my point of view they're the ones out of touch and we are the cool ones.

You are the kind of person who would be called inner directed. Hey kid, it is my way or the highway.

When I was a young man I remember reading where actor George C. Scott said The Beatles were a bunch of punks. Pissed me off. The Beatles were my musical heroes. They could do no wrong.

And now that I am older and can watch the old stuff on youtube they look like four punks. But I still like their music

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

when Dead Pool came out I was excited that it was a new Dirty Harry pin.

3jvtib (resized).jpg3jvtib (resized).jpg
    #66 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

This just in: Khaki Sinatra hats are COOL! Quick, Instragram yourself over to Old Navy and get one!

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

So am I the only one that pretends and bullshits his way through this stuff?
    I'm on season 12 of Rick, Mork and Mindy.

You don’t want to know how many times I’ve referred to Rick and Morty as Mork and Mindy!

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

This just in: Khaki Sinatra hats are COOL! Quick, Instragram yourself over to Old Navy and get one!

I only wear colorful hats like this one.
    download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg

#69 4 years ago

Nope, most themes seem to tailor to those with nostalgia for the 60s, 70s, or 80s. I find the recent modern themes refreshing...except for Supreme. I don't get it. Maybe it's also regional. I'm about 1,000 miles from the nearest store.

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Nope, most themes seem to tailor to those with nostalgia for the 60s, 70s, or 80s.

And are willing to pay anything to buy them back.

#71 4 years ago

I'm probably part of the problem, I just have nostalgia for the 80s and 90s.

#72 4 years ago

I have plenty of nostalgia, I just don't like paying for it or looking at it everyday to remind me of how young I no longer am now.

#73 4 years ago

Do you listen to older music or just what's current?

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Do you listen to older music or just what's current?

Who me? Mostly what's current or fairly recent. Alternative rock seems to motivate me and soothe the nerves.

But I love old TV shows and movies. Mostly ones I never saw before.

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You don’t want to know how many times I’ve referred to Rick and Morty as Mork and Mindy!

I would have more interest in a Mork and Mindy pin than a Rick and Morty one.

#76 4 years ago

Does this board make you feel old? Perhaps you feel out of touch?

Don't worry, Pinside has a thread for that. . . come converse with your fellow aged brethren about topics from bygone eras and times passed by. Nothing but good vibes and the warm, fuzzy recollections of an inclusive brother/sister-hood solidified by the comradery of age.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/you-know-you-are-old-when-

On a side thought, is referring to an online pinball forum as a "board" old-timey thinking? Who knows. All I can say is age is a state of mind. Sure, I'm not as fast or bendy as I used to be. . . but I'm still able to buy myself the occasional interactive toy with flippers and that makes me feel the excitement of youth --regardless of theme!

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I only wear colorful hats like this one.
    [quoted image]

Looks like Seinfeld swag...

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Looks like Seinfeld swag...

Who?

#79 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Punny

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I used to read the ones they sent my mom and there is nothing there for me.

Are you sure? A recent AARP newsletter focused on Cannabis with a big MaryJane leaf on the cover of the issue.

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from T7:

Are you sure? A recent AARP newsletter focused on Cannabis with a big MaryJane leaf on the cover of the issue.

I saved that one. lol. I usually just throw them out when picking up her mail.

The cover was hard to miss. Couldn't take it to mom though as it might have given her a stroke.

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

You are the kind of person who would called inner directed. Hey kid, it is my way or the highway.

Perhaps. But I bow down to the Greatest Generation. They are the coolest.

#83 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I would have more interest in a Mork and Mindy pin than a Rick and Morty one.

Who are Mork and Mindy ? Sounds like dinosaurs from another age.

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I had never realized gen-xers were going to be prone to such fast aging.

Ok boomer

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from T7:

Quoted from o-din:

I saved that one. lol. I usually just throw them out when picking up her mail.
    The cover was hard to miss. Couldn't take it to mom though as it might have given her a stroke.

I did not get that one in the mail. But me and another pinsider made a Cannon Ball run to Denver last weekend when the weather was nice. On the way home it was, "Eastbound and down". We're loaded up and truckin'." Hmm. That almost makes me wish I still had a CB radio

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

only if you are an aarp member should you feel this way.

#87 4 years ago

Let me out. What you see
    is not the same person as me.
    My life's a lie.
    I'm not who you're lookin' at.
    Let me out. Set me free.
    I'm really old.
    This isn't me.
    My real body's slowly dying in a vat.
    Is anybody listening?
    Can anyone understand?
    Stop looking at me like that
    and actually help me.
    Help me!
    Help me, I'm gonna die!

I’m tiny fucking Rick!!!!

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

You look very young.

It's all that clean-living. And playing with my toys.
    I got carded in Vegas at the craps table about 5 or 6 years ago.
    I got carded at Trader Joe's while wearing my skates and helmet a month ago.

#89 4 years ago

Absolutely. Turning 60 next year (Jesus where did the time go?). The Rick and whatever new pin I had to google. My estate sale will have some nice stuff one of these days......

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

What happy meal toys and blinding lights will look best on my game?

The plastic toilet. There was one glued onto my Lethal Weapon 3 lol...

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-this-board-ever-make-you-feel-old-out-of-touch/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.