Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 159 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pinterest
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1388 (resized).JPG
    img_1601 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 7 years ago

I won't buy a DI because the theme does nothing for me.

I will play and enjoy themes I don't care for.....but I won't buy them

1 week later
    #126 7 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

Is a great theme with shit rules worth $5000-$15,000?
    Indiana Jones is the same theme whether made by Williams or Stem.

Yes but the Stern version also included Crystal Skull.

#129 7 years ago
    Quoted from Oldgoat:

Since we are talking about cars...**WARNING CARGUMENT AHEAD**
    Cars and pinball machines are a head/heart decision. I'm thinking about getting a small truck. The two contenders are Canyon Denali and Ridgeline Black Edition. The Honda is faster, has better handling, more comfortable, under bed storage, 2-way tailgate, a 4x8 sheet can lay flat (which is actually of value to me) and, other than towing capacity and low range capability appears to be better in virtually every way. I have never, nor will I ever tow anything beyond possibly a small u-haul and don't ever pull out tree stumps. The head says it is a no-brainer. But then I look at the pics...damn that denali sure is purty..the heart screams Canyon.
    I look at all the toys, rules, innovation and game play of Dialed In and my head says "wow, what a fun game, best out there". Then I look at BM66...all the nostalgia of my youth, the characters I instantly recognize, the music, the callouts that make me smile and the heart says "BM66 all the way" (and no, I cant get both)
    I know for some a car is simply a tool to get themselves and cargo from point A to point B so crash ratings, fuel economy, reliability are the only thing that matters. For others, the look, feel, sound are all that matters. Those people have it easy. It's not that simple for most of us. Hence the dissonance, the indecision, the struggles. Yes, theme matters but so does everything else.

And that's why the "keepers" are when both collide.

#139 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

so equally as shitty a theme as WWE.

You can throw "Harry Potter" in there as well...and here come the downvotes.

#154 7 years ago

I don't own a lot of games at once....so they generally have to have both if it's going to stick around long.

#156 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Look at my collection... I think theme is pretty important to me. Nuff Said.

One of these pins is not like the others...one of these pins just isn't the same!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-theme-really-matter?tu=astropin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.