Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 159 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pinterest
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1388 (resized).JPG
    img_1601 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mfsrc791.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 7 years ago

Themes are there to draw you in initially. If it has good art and rules and shoots well(mm, AFM, Totan,) then themes doesn't make a difference. It's still important to many peoples decisions. how many people said "if they make a _____ pin I would preorder without hesitation. Seems dumb but stern understands people will still buy based on theme alone. Even if it plays ok and has half finished code they will still sell.

#75 7 years ago
    Quoted from BorgDog:

wait... I think this will work.. blue screen of death mode would be awesome! rgb lighting everything goes blue with a bunch of meaningless random white lights all about.. i'm going to work on this one, oh and forgot to mention mashing the buttons does nothing in that mode.. maybe just reserve that for tilt

Haha

Ya and if apple had an I phone pin they could overcharge everyone to fix the phone screen. Seriously though everyone I know with a I phone has a broken screen. I had to make an appointment a day in advance to fix my girlfriends phone. They make so much off replacement screens it's not funny.

#100 7 years ago

Theme is important to a lot of people but I'm not sure it's the most important thing. I feel like a lot of pins in the top of everyone's ratings aren't 'their' favorite themes. I'm not a fan of aliens bit AFM is awesome. TAF not so much but it's the machine that got me into pinball. Many fun favorite games have ok themes and it's not going to stop me from owning them. Wcs, RS, Totan, and I could go on...

1 week later
    #152 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Not exactly true...
    Crappy themes that are good players only have appeal to hard-core pinball fans.
    Crappy themes that are poor players appeal to no one.
    Good themes that are good players appeal to everyone.
    Good themes that are crappy players still have some appeal to the masses.
    If a game has a good theme it is at least worth something.

Agree alot on this. Theme is important because it can sell even half ass games. The Magic comes when you get both together. I know someone who wanted to buy her husband a Fire! Pinball machine just because he was a fire fighter. She had no idea whether or not it was fun but theme alone sold that game to some people.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mfsrc791.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-theme-really-matter?tu=Mfsrc791 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.