(Topic ID: 71098)

Does the WOZ warrantee include service calls by Jersey Jack?

By spiffy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jerseryjack3.jpg
jerseyjack2.jpg
jerseyjack1-983.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I have a Wizard of Oz standard edition which is on location at a bar in Orlando called George's Hideaway. I went to IAAPA this week in Orlando, and spoke with the head technician at the Jersey Jack booth about an intermittent issue I was having with the game. He described a number of things to check and adjust in the game, and I ended up explaining that I am not a very good technician. So I said, why don't you come on out and show me what to do? He took my phone number, said he would check and see if maybe he could after the show. I wasn't expecting much, because IAAPA is an all-day non-stop thing, but i received a text a little later that, yes, he would stop out in the evening after the show. I went to the bar a little early, so I would definitely be there when the technician arrived. Next thing I know, three guys arrive at the bar with tools and parts, and one of the three is Jersey Jack himself! Most of the work was done by the lead technician, but Jack noticed a couple things like the fact that some of the leg bolts were loose and needed tightening. So, he went ahead and tightened them for me! Above and beyond the repair that they had come for, they adjusted some coil strengths, secured a plastic piece that was also loose and tested the game out afterward extensively. Jack also agreed to sign the backglass for me. Pretty remarkable, if you ask me. I don't think it is in writing, but your Jersey Jack warrantee might just include a visit from Jack himself.

#2 10 years ago

jerseyjack1-983.jpgjerseyjack1-983.jpg

#3 10 years ago

jerseyjack2.jpgjerseyjack2.jpg

#4 10 years ago

jerseryjack3.jpgjerseryjack3.jpg

#5 10 years ago

sounds like pretty fair customer service, thanks for sharing story

#6 10 years ago

Nice! I'm not a WOZ fan but hope that JJP's Hobbit is awesome. I grew up in the next town over from the JJP factory and I'm rooting for their success. Glad to see the personal touch in action. Jersey people are real and sincere. Thanks for sharing.

#7 10 years ago

I heard the fix took 4 hours

3:55 of Jack talking about how great the repair was going to be

0:05 of actual work

JK, glad ya got taken care of dude!

#8 10 years ago

Yet people will still rag on these guys.

#9 10 years ago

Wow great service !

#10 10 years ago

Nice story. Go JJP!

#11 10 years ago

Nice story, thanks for sharing. I wish there was one on location near me.

#12 10 years ago

Great service indeed.

#13 10 years ago

Very cool.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from spiffy:

I have a Wizard of Oz standard edition which is on location at a bar in Orlando called George's Hideaway. I went to IAAPA this week in Orlando, and spoke with the head technician at the Jersey Jack booth about an intermittent issue I was having with the game. He described a number of things to check and adjust in the game, and I ended up explaining that I am not a very good technician. So I said, why don't you come on out and show me what to do? He took my phone number, said he would check and see if maybe he could after the show. I wasn't expecting much, because IAAPA is an all-day non-stop thing, but i received a text a little later that, yes, he would stop out in the evening after the show. I went to the bar a little early, so I would definitely be there when the technician arrived. Next thing I know, three guys arrive at the bar with tools and parts, and one of the three is Jersey Jack himself! Most of the work was done by the lead technician, but Jack noticed a couple things like the fact that some of the leg bolts were loose and needed tightening. So, he went ahead and tightened them for me! Above and beyond the repair that they had come for, they adjusted some coil strengths, secured a plastic piece that was also loose and tested the game out afterward extensively. Jack also agreed to sign the backglass for me. Pretty remarkable, if you ask me. I don't think it is in writing, but your Jersey Jack warrantee might just include a visit from Jack himself.

That's friggin' awesome!!

I've dealt with a lot of people over my years in pinball, and I can whole heartedly say that I've never dealt with any company in any industry that's been more responsive than JJP.

There are going to be growing pains and lessons learned along the way with any venture, how those are handled define what a company is about more than the issues themselves. This example sums things up pretty well for JJP I think.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#15 10 years ago

Thats great! ...... But in all honesty. Most routed games that go out on location get very little to no support. ( parts only ) You should feel very lucky that Jack was able to help you out as its defineitly not the industry standard.

#16 10 years ago

I have to give it up to Jack-that is passion. He will be successful in the years to come because of the attention to detail and service. I am impressed.

#17 10 years ago

Impressive for sure! I know there are a number of JJ haters out there but I have a ton of respect for a guy that has done what he has done. And as a business person myself I can honestly say he had more guts than 99.99% of people trying something like a new manufacturing business in this economy.

To me the most important thing Jack has accomplished is forcing Stern to step up what they are producing to keep up with him. Look at Stern games for the 3 or 4 years before JJ and what Stern is putting out now. This would not have happened without WOZ and JJ.

Yes - I think part of the price increases are JJ fault but what is better - a great group of games with higher price tags or more of the same junk that Stern was putting out 4 or 5 years ago?

Thanks Jack for what you have done to help the hobby in general. Personally I love WOZ machine but it is highly unlikely I'll ever own one. I just can't afford $6500 to $9000 toys. But for those of you that can I think you all owe Jack a huge thank you.

#18 10 years ago

Superior service

#19 10 years ago

If people are interested, the 'lead tech' in this story is Anthony, one of our jack of all trades from the factory floor. Guy is good at a lot of things, and is probably one of the most knowledgeable people on the planet when it comes to putting a WoZ together and tuning it up.. Also pictured is Drew, our VP of product development. He's the guy who secures the licences for our games, such as Hobbit and WoZ.

#20 10 years ago

Blown away by this level of service.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

If people are interested, the 'lead tech' in this story is Anthony, one of our jack of all trades from the factory floor. Guy is good at a lot of things, and is probably one of the most knowledgeable people on the planet when it comes to putting a WoZ together and tuning it up.. Also pictured is Drew, our VP of product development. He's the guy who secures the licences for our games, such as Hobbit and WoZ.

Where is Johnny Damon?

#22 10 years ago

Wow, that is awesome! Talk about service!

I'm very proud to be a JJP customer with a WOZECLE and a Hobbit LE on order. These guys have been doing very impressive work and in my opinion are making the best built pinball macines ever created.

#24 10 years ago

I've received an unrequested phone call from Jack in the past after talking to someone about an issue I was having. I was floored and very impressed.

In this day and age of a 'go screw yourself' mentality, it is nice to see outstanding customer service. My entire career is based on personal referrals and I am very aware of how important it is to take care of folks.

#25 10 years ago

All we want to see is the queue of people waiting for their games that were paid for long ago moving in a timely and consistent manner.

#26 10 years ago

A great story. Very positive. Thanks for posting this experience.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

All we want to see is the queue of people waiting for their games that were paid for long ago moving in a timely and consistent manner.

I'm with you on this. Even though the folks at JJP are happy to give you a projection when you call or e-mail, the fact is they are never even close. Back in June I was told this October on a Oct. 2011 order. In August I was told December.

I don't even say anything to my kids anymore because they say "you told us it was coming in December LAST December!

One of the oldest (and best) business rules is to under promise and over perform.

How difficult would it be to update the production schedule on their website each month?

It sounds like Jack and crew tries really hard to please, but in consistent and accurate communication on delivery they really missed the boat.

#28 10 years ago

Wow! That is great! Nice seeing the pix!

#29 10 years ago

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.
Now that's customer service!

#30 10 years ago

Wow, amazing customer service, you don't see that very often these days. I have been thinking about a WOZ or th, and things like this make me lean toward it. Unfortunately, price is pretty high and I don't want to pay upfront. Maybe once production ramps up and they catch up to the orders, ill reconsider. Great story!

#31 10 years ago

I'm not surprised by this at all.

Thanks for sharing!

#32 10 years ago

Great show of the support level by JJP and Jack himself. Well done.

Let's not forget that Bill O'Donnell, Bill O'Donnell Jr., Bernie Powers and Tom Nieman (of Bally), Al and Mike Gottlieb, Cliff Strain and George Offshack of Gottlieb, Mike Stroll, Joe Dillon (and the service manager whose name escapes me) of Williams who were high level guys were also hands-on and made location calls on prototype, test and constant problem equipment in the field. Gary Stern has done this in the past. Now he has people to do this for him.

#33 10 years ago

That's excellent.

They did not say they would "get back to you" or arrange for someone else to handle it. They took time out of their professional activities at their industry's largest trade show and they made time for you and came THEMSELVES (presumably "afterhours" though at IAAPA with client dinners etc there really is no "time-off" it is a week of continual activity).

This is impressive and outstanding.

#34 10 years ago

Class Act!

#35 10 years ago

Impressive! They have me as a client for many years to come.

#36 10 years ago

Jack and his team are amazing! They have such a great mind set and attitude. This is the stuff that builds customer respect and loyalty.

#37 10 years ago

How do pinball manufacturers handle this situation if the non-technical customer is not a quick drive away and instead is in some low population small town in the middle of nowhere?

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from nichipax:

Impressive! They have me as a client for many years to come.

Agreed! I have both a WOZ ECLE and TH LE on order.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

How do pinball manufacturers handle this situation if the non-technical customer is not a quick drive away and instead is in some low population small town in the middle of nowhere?

Loyd will often call the customer and walk them through the repair step by step.

#40 10 years ago

What about when jjp sells 1000 WOZ reds to clueless wizard of oz collectors?
Phone assistance only goes so far.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Maybe they will handle it like Stern did when they sold to AC/DC fan clubs.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

What about when jjp sells 1000 WOZ reds to clueless wizard of oz collectors?Phone assistance only goes so far.

Those people should probably buy from a local full service distributor. This would be an issue with any pinball machine. Plus these collectors would probably buy more for show than playing it, so little use means fewer issues.

#43 10 years ago

That's pretty good customer service.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Two words. "Llyod LTG"

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

I'll get some really great material for my LTG : ) Show !

LTG : )

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Personally I think there's a point where only so much support can be offered, at least on a wide basis. I once owned an 81 Delorean and was way in over my head in terms of knowing what needed to be fixed and replaced. If I wanted to have any work done on it I would have needed to invested the time in knowing how to work on the car or pay someone else to fix it. I should never have bought that car (it was fun to drive though), lol, and was glad when I sold it.

I know WOZ is a new product though but even with other new electronic equipment there's typically a small window to actually return the item before you have to stick with calling support or down the road pay someone to fix it. It's really awesome though to see a company like JJP go above and beyond in cases like this and from what I've read there phone support is stellar too.

Thankfully many in this awesome hobby are extremely helpful and will help a fellow pinhead out

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-the-woz-warrantee-include-service-calls-by-jersey-jack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.