(Topic ID: 226475)

Does the topper decide what game you buy?

By avspin

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jp1985
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Does the topper decide what game you buy?”

• Yes, I think the topper is an integral part of the game. 0 votes
    • No, makes no difference if the game has one or not 52 votes
      71%
    • The availability of a topper is a deciding factor on what game I buy 1 vote
      1%
    • They can look cool and I may add one but not necessarily a factor. 19 votes
      26%
    • Just too dam distracting. 1 vote
      1%

(73 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4CD59930-8E26-4C47-984F-29DBE7F25232 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider avspin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

So I'm reading the posts on the Monster Bash Re-make and see a lot of attention along with the first leaked picture of the topper. I'm thinking "yeah that looks ok but what difference does it make?" "Why is the topper the first leaked picture?" And Why did CGC only show a photo of the topper? I have only bought two toppers for my games over the years. One is Dialed In (Mezel Mods)because I thought it looked cool. And the other is a slot machine topper for my Twilight Zone. And I bought that because it was only $20.

For myself I buy a game based on game play first, aesthetics/theme second and no consideration to if it has a topper or if I can get one.
    So I added a poll to see how everyone feels.

1 year later
    #9 4 years ago

Just thought I would bump this as there has been a lot of discussion on toppers.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider avspin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-the-topper-decide-what-game-you-buy?tu=avspin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.