(Topic ID: 187519)

Does the rising price of games deter you from buying mods?

By Manimal

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Tommy_Pins
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

n-TURKEY-FRILLS-628x314 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

Most "mods" are a terrible waste of money. Even more so than NIB pins. Cliffy protectors and other things that protect your pin I don't consider mods. ColorDMD are a nice addition, too. Shakers or even pinblades are OK mods and even toppers if that is your thing [isn't mine]. But just because there's a graphic on the playfield doesn't mean you have to buy an overpriced Chinese piece of garbage that looks kinda like it and stick it above it. Addams and TZ come to mind. Oh, the things people do.....
    I buy games to play. Not to make into a dollhouse.

I agree 100%. I'm not so worried about the price but value. A lot of mods look tacky IMHO, are just crap that will fall apart or represent some 1000% mark up I am not willing to pay ever.

Having said that I do buy a few things now and then but they are often small and I think I literally own 3 mods across all of my games not counting cliffys.

One plug for the red smoke mod on WOZ though, not cheap but worth every penny.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-the-price-of-a-nib-keep-you-from-buying-mods?tu=clg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.