(Topic ID: 6402)

does the guy who list on ebay with chick standing by machines....

By dvandentop

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by nasco62
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lilsonya5.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

does the guy who list pins on ebay with the chick standing by the machines in different clothing think it helps sell pins???

maybe it does but who knows. always seemed a little strange to me but if it helps move product then keep on doing it

here is one for example
    ebay.com link: 1998 Bally CHAMPION PUB Pinball Machine KNOCKOUT

#2 12 years ago

I dont think it helps with sales especially at that price but thats a cute
    chick.

#3 12 years ago

There was a great thread on RGP that he was posting in recently...got pretty heated...

#4 12 years ago

"thats a cute chick."
    She's a knock out. Had to say it.

He has to add in the modeling fees into the cost of the pin.

#5 12 years ago

He might claim sex sells, but we know as buyers she doesnt come with the machine

#6 12 years ago

so, I'm not the only one who has thought that? seriously, I think the majority of people looking at those ads think the same thing. to me it wouldn't make one bit of difference while she's ok to look at I'm there looking for pins.

#7 12 years ago

I really dont see how it can hurt? He is not going to lose a sale just as she is in the picture and she may be a modal and he is helping her career get started.

I for 1 like the idea.

#8 12 years ago

I have overlooked plenty of this guy's ebay listings. Not only because he won't ship, but because his descriptions are usually filled with insults of some sort.

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

There was a great thread on RGP that he was posting in recently...got pretty heated...

LOL got a link? would be a good read

#10 12 years ago

Oh my. Dont get that guy started - he will light up this thread if you do.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from Bigpin:

Oh my. Dont get that guy started - he will light up this thread if you do.

always up for some entertainment on here

is it has g/f or what does he get so worked up about exactly?

Post edited by dvandentop

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from dvandentop:

is it has g/f or what does he get so worked up about exactly?

Just read some of his listings. I bet he is worked up 24/7!

#13 12 years ago

I also am curious about this heated RGP thread. What was it about? Was that seller the one getting fired up. The problem is that some of the girls are cute and some aren't. His biggest problem is his constant insulting of his competition and the people he buys the machines from.

#14 12 years ago

I dig how she color coordinates with the pins. She was in a yellow outfit for Taxi. Same girl??

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from Silverballer:

From East Independence, Missouri, United States
    Has 10 games in collection.
    Has rated 15 games.
    Posted 58 seconds ago | # | !! |

I dig how she color coordinates with the pins. She was in a yellow outfit for Taxi. Same girl??

this shows her in blue so idk, hope they are shopped after he bends her over each machine after doing the photos LMAO ok too far i know

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/1988-WILLIAMS-TAXI-PINBALL-MACHINE-MARYLIN-PROTOTYPE-/00/$%28KGrHqIOKnUE2ZF2KBLpBN%29cMYyBSw%7E%7E_3.JPG

#16 12 years ago

Hmmm...maybe I was just still hazing from the contest. Still wiped out a little.

#17 12 years ago

She is a model.... His machines are VERY high priced, but if he is selling them, then more power to him...

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from dvandentop:

LOL got a link? Would be a good read ...

I don't have a link, but it was very entertaining indeed. So much so, that I almost posted a thread about it here. The seller started getting so mad, and the guys on RGP are always there to fan the flames when that happens.

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from Donnyman:

He might claim sex sells, but we know as buyers she doesnt come with the machine

Yeah , but your still getting screwed!

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

She is a model.... His machines are VERY high priced, but if he is selling them, then more power to him...

I actually thought I read that it was a family member of his (maybe his daughter). As far as if it helps or not...Well he's got us talking about it & i'm sure when people see his listings on ebay maybe some just open the link just to check her out. So I guess it isnt hurting him.

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I don't have a link, but it was very entertaining indeed. So much so, that I almost posted a thread about it here. The seller started getting so mad, and the guys on RGP are always there to fan the flames when that happens.

Here's the link to the thread on RGP. Pretty entertaining stuff....LOL

http://rgparchive-removed.com/rgpforum/showthread.php?t=377508

#22 12 years ago

haah i probably misread it, i was just skimming it quickly..

#24 12 years ago

I guess I was wrong she is a "local Model".....I sure wouldnt want to pay for someone to stand next to my machine for a ebay auction. But I guess he's the only one that knows if it works. Maybe she works on commission. LOL

#25 12 years ago

I can't stand this seller....... Seems like everyone (sellers on Craigslist especially) goes to eBay to get an idea of how much a pin is worth and this seller has the most ludicrous, over inflated prices I have ever seen. If he sells 1 out of every 100 listings I would be surprised. However at his ridiculous markup that is a huge profit for him.

#26 12 years ago

I am pretty sure this guy has come up in a thread before, in fact I am almost sure of it. Is this the same guy who said he will never bastardize a pin with LEDs or something like that?

#27 12 years ago

This is the guy who was talking crap about JJP and Pinballsales.com.

#28 12 years ago

I will not participate in the drama over there but, man I love reading those threads. I spit on the keyboard 3 times!

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

same guy who said he will never bastardize a pin with LEDs or something like that?

Yes

#30 12 years ago

That guy ALWAYS has the worst choice of words in his ads. His attitude shows through so much. I can't imagine an everyday person remotely thinking about buying a pin would not see that in his ads. His machines look decent enough, too bad he needs to enroll in a serious marketing class at his local community college.

#31 12 years ago

Hey Coaster!!! Go to bed!!!!!!!!! lol

#32 12 years ago

He does do good work on the machines from the pics.

#33 12 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

He does do good work on the machines from the pics.

Pinball work: 9.8
    Personality work 2.6

#34 12 years ago

That is a funny thread. I like the fact that Pacpin rated the girl like a pinball machine and then went on with a 2 paragraph feature by feature analysis of the girl on why he gave her a 7 out of 10.

The seller doesn't appear to be winning any customers on that forum.

#35 12 years ago

LMAO cant wait to read more when i get home today wish i didnt have to leave for work right now

#36 12 years ago
    Quoted from dvandentop:

this shows her in blue so idk, hope they are shopped after he bends her over each machine after doing the photos LMAO ok too far i know

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/1988-WILLIAMS-TAXI-PINBALL-MACHINE-MARYLIN-PROTOTYPE-/00/$%28KGrHqIOKnUE2ZF2KBLpBN%29cMYyBSw%7E%7E_3.JPG

Oh, is there a pinball in the picture as well??

#37 12 years ago

His prices are WAY WAY too high. Period.

#38 12 years ago

I like the fact he has the models in his Ebay auctions.

When I see the auction, I appreciate the model.

What I appreciate even more, is that I know to hit the back button in my web browser, because he's always waaay overpriced, and one of the biggest douchebags in pinball I've ever seen. This guy can't resist putting other pinball industry down, and talking big about himself.

He's the small man, small penis disease in it's prime example.

#39 12 years ago

Are you sure this is a model and not is gf or something? I mean she's not that good quite honestly, and if I were paying money for a chick to model, she better look better than that.

#40 12 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Are you sure this is a model and not is gf or something? I mean she's not that good quite honestly, and if I were paying money for a chick to model, she better look better than that.

I was reading the RPG thread posted above, and he says it's a local college girl.

This makes sense, since I can totally see this guy creeping around the local college campus and walking up to girls "Hey baby, do you want to be a model?". lol

#41 12 years ago

At his prices you need some kind of gimmick to sell games....

lilsonya5.jpglilsonya5.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-the-guy-who-list-on-ebay-with-chick-standing-by-machines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.