(Topic ID: 269202)

Does the DFW area have it's own pinball newsgroup?

By rogerdodger

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Hi Guys:

I will soon be living part time in the Dallas area and was wondering if there is a local pinball newsgroup there, where people post wanted ads, for sale ads and talk about local pinball events?

If there is such a group, please can someone please post a link or send me a PM with a link?

Thanks.

Roger

#2 3 years ago

There's probably an area Facebook group somewhere.

#3 3 years ago

There's still newsgroups?

Maybe try alt.sex.fetish.pinball?

#4 3 years ago

There's still newsgroups? blockquote>

Maybe 'newsgroup' was the wrong description....

Here in Florida, there is a website dedicated to Florida area pins and vids that we can post on, after registering.... Hoping to find similar in DFW area.

#5 3 years ago

There is at least one local group. Haven’t attended yet.

https://dfw-pinball-league.webnode.com/

#7 3 years ago

Welcome to Texas rogerdodger. I live in McKinney about half an hour (on a good day) north of Dallas. Our normal pinball league season has been cancelled, but I’m sure when Covid things start slowing down it will resume. It’s normally held at various collectors houses throughout the metroplex, with larger events held at arcades like the recently cancelled Pin-Masters that was to be held at the Free Play arcade in Arlington.

Between the National Videogame Museum, Dallas Makerspace, league & IFPA tournaments, and the Texas Pinball Festival there’s usually a lot going on. The Facebook groups SKWilson linked will get you the majority of things posted. There’s also a mailing list you can sign up for at hassellcastle.com for all of north Texas. You’ll see a lot of the same stuff on the Facebook groups, but occasionally things will get posted for sale only on the mailing list.

#8 3 years ago

Thank you for all of the responses.

My home will be in Flower Mound, so it looks like I will be close to a lot of pinball action!

Thanks again.

Roger

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-the-dfw-area-have-it-s-own-pinball-newsgroup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.