(Topic ID: 197311)

Does Stern return tech support voicemails?

By Brijam

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by xbmanx
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20860333_m (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Twice I called the main Stern corporate line and selected Tech Support, after waiting a long time on hold I got diverted to a voicemail. After an entire week I called back and did the same thing. That was over a week ago. Has anyone gotten a return call from them? Am I just doing it wrong?

The issue isn't something I can fix - I have a brand new Star Wars Pro on route and the monitor keeps going black on it.

#2 2 years ago

I have had the same problem of unanswered voicemails. I talked to Chaz a few times and he said he would call back a couple of times, but never did.

#3 2 years ago

It's been a while since I've need tech help from Chas or Pat but I always got a call back with in 24 hours.

1 week later
#4 2 years ago

We're having the exact same problem. They sent us a new card with v0.89 on it. You can probably just download the code for yourself and get the exact same thing. No idea if it works, just got the card 5 minutes ago, but I notice there's no mention of a monitor code change in the update notes. Losing some serious money on this one.

#5 2 years ago

Update: I have been informed it's not the code itself, but the brand of card that's the problem. So if you stick the new code on a different brand of memory card, it's supposed to fix it.

#6 2 years ago

Update update: It did not work. Screen off this morning. Grr.

#7 2 years ago

ugh. That sucks.
Maybe try calling right when they open. I think it's 9am CST. Have a better chance for them to answer.
No excuse for not returning calls though.

#8 2 years ago

You have to call, let it ring twice, hang up. Call back, ring once, hang up. Call back, three rings, hang up. Followed by a final call back after waiting 11min and 37 seconds and they will answer. It's not rocket science.

#9 2 years ago

Please do not wait for them to call you back. Call again and again until you get a response. It is not the fault of the techs they are great people however understaffed and overworked. They deal with so many different issues it is very unlikely to get a return call.

#10 2 years ago

Still on hold with them from my last post.

20860333_m (resized).jpg

#11 2 years ago

I use email and theyve been very responsive

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
4,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside