(Topic ID: 145840)

Does Stern care more about Operators or Collectors?

By Deez

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which customers does Stern care more about?”

• Operators 41 votes
      35%
    • Collectors 8 votes
      7%
    • Neither - It's all about the benjamins!! 68 votes
      58%

(117 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider duckbrian.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 8 years ago

The answer is absolutely operators for Gary himself. I can offer evidence. We were at MGC last spring and a good friend of mine and I stopped Gary in the hall to tell him how much we enjoyed some of the recent games and my buddy made mention of the fact that he had probably purchased $70,000 plus of Stern games over the years. All Gary had to say was "OK, but make sure you get out and play games on location to support the operators" not so much as an acknowledgment that he had invested that much money in Gary's company or his games.

For those of you who are answering that it's all about the Benjamin's, you are correct as far as Stern the company goes. But it was George Gomez who drove the creation of premiums and LE's. Gary had nothing to do with it. Gary is not, and reportedly never has been a big fan of the home market.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider duckbrian.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-stern-care-more-about-operators-or-collectors?tu=duckbrian and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.