(Topic ID: 50189)

Does someone in North NJ have a CFTBL I can play?...and Party Pix!

By spfxted

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 272 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by NJGecko
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 26 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3350.JPG
IMG_0890.JPG
IMG_3348.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
p12.jpg
p5.jpg
p4.jpg
p10.jpg
image.jpg
p6.jpg
p7.jpg
p1.jpg
p3.jpg
p8.jpg
p11.jpg

There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 6 years ago

Hi all. Since I'm thinking of getting one and haven't played in years, does someone in North Jersey have a machine I can play? (I'm in Park Ridge) Thanks!!

creature_bl.gif

#2 6 years ago

go to Reciprocal skateboards in NYC and play theirs!

#3 6 years ago

btw, TFLE and CSI are both better than CFTBL...

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Don't tell me that....

#5 6 years ago

Ted,

Any pics of those legs installed? I'm dying to see them.

#6 6 years ago

go to Reciprocal skateboards in NYC and play theirs!

Thanks...I was hoping for something closer...

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Any pics of those legs installed? I'm dying to see them.

Not yet...I'm waiting for Leg Bolt Protector Thingys to come in. Mark is sending them.

#8 6 years ago

Ted you're about 3 months too late or else you could have played mine!

Let me know if you want me to see if I can swing by tomorrow or Sunday for your plasma thing or if you want to wait and have me help you with the legs too?

#9 6 years ago

THANKS! Yeah, Sunday would be cool. If the plastic leg thingys don't get here, is that a washer of some kind I can get at Home Depot?

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Don't tell me that....

and you can come over for final inspection when you pick it up...and i'll even help you move it. what are you waiting for?

#11 6 years ago

What color protectors did you order? I have a black set of pincab protectors that were going to make it to Tron, but haven't yet.

#12 6 years ago

I have the felt protectors. I'm just talking about those little ring things that go between the bolt and the leg. (unless that's what you ment)

#13 6 years ago

These

images_(1).jpg

#14 6 years ago

Oh..those I don't have...

#15 6 years ago

I may have some extras Ted. I'm planning on putting them on my TFLE when I move it to my office but if you need some immediately you may have mine (if I can find them) and then order some and give them to me later.

#16 6 years ago

Thanks! Mark put some in the mail and I'm hoping to get them today or tomorrow. But, just in case, lemme know if you find yours....

#17 6 years ago

Ted, I met you at pinfest and you drank my beer, so you might as well come play my creech! I ended up buying new ramps for it at Allentown, and hopefully my leds come in the mail today so I can put it all in tomorrow so anytime after mother's day would be great. If Mark wants to take a ride, he knows the way, so you guys can carpool.

#18 6 years ago

Thanks! I'll look up where you're located....

EDIT: 46 miles=1hr

#19 6 years ago

Mark knows the way, hitch a ride with him one night.

#20 6 years ago

I know someone who has one in Rockaway, NJ... He is a founding member of The 1910 Fruitgum Co (band)... I have played it... I know he would welcome you to play it.

#21 6 years ago

Ok...I actually liked Yummy Yummy Yummy!

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I have the felt protectors. I'm just talking about those little ring things that go between the bolt and the leg. (unless that's what you ment)

home depot sells fiber washers which not only work just as well to protect the legs (paint, powder, chrome) where they are bolted on, but they are a dark brown/grey color which doesn't stand out as much as the bright white nylon

#23 6 years ago

Thanks!! This will be my back up. Do you know the size to ask for?

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Not yet...I'm waiting for Leg Bolt Protector Thingys to come in. Mark is sending them.

I did not send yet - you want to drive by the office and get them - sorry and my creature is not set up - double

I can drive to YZFGUY's if you want to roll.

#25 6 years ago

Well someone loop me in at some point

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

I can drive to YZFGUY's if you want to roll.

Sounds good, Mark. Let's set up a date.
No worries on the Bolt Protectors (I'll just get some from Home Depot)
Geckster...you in on a trip? Or do you mean coming to my house...

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Sounds good, Mark. Let's set up a date.
No worries on the Bolt Protectors (I'll just get some from Home Depot)
Geckster...you in on a trip? Or do you mean coming to my house...

Can I come and play Creech and sing yummy yummy yummy with you guys?

#28 6 years ago

...and I'll bet you DO know the words...
....but, that's up to Mark...

#29 6 years ago

Can't do a road trip this weekend Ted...got house-stuff most of tomorrow and some AM mother's day stuff Sunday...so I can visit Ted-land tomorrow afternoon or Sunday afternoon, but my time is limited somewhat...

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Ted, I met you at pinfest and you drank my beer, so you might as well come play my creech! I ended up buying new ramps for it at Allentown, and hopefully my leds come in the mail today so I can put it all in tomorrow so anytime after mother's day would be great. If Mark wants to take a ride, he knows the way, so you guys can carpool.

It will suck if he makes it there b4 i do........

#31 6 years ago

Our collections speak for themsleves
I've played all 3 and disagree. But, they are very different games and I think TF and CSI are fun, but very different from CFTBL. No crazy ramps, no building the FILM, no whirlpool, no fun theme (really, the theme on TF and CSI do nothing for me).

I think CFTBL is way better at a home than on location because this machine is better as a 5 ball.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

so I can visit Ted-land tomorrow afternoon or Sunday afternoon, but my time is limited somewhat...

Oh yeah...I didn't think the road trip was THIS weekend. We'll get it together with Mark.
For me...Sunday afternoon would be perfect!

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Ok...I actually liked Yummy Yummy Yummy!

Yes... Frank lives like a block from my in-laws... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1910_Fruitgum_Company

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hi all. Since I'm thinking of getting one and haven't played in years, does someone in North Jersey have a machine I can play? (I'm in Park Ridge) Thanks!!

If you make it out to MN, look me up. My Creech yearns for a better player than me to tease from her her deepest secrets. Like maybe actually flashing the hologram during a game at least once.

#35 6 years ago

No CFTBL, but I have some fun games... around all weekend in the 10925 if you wanna play. BBB, TZ, TAF, CCC, MM, Big Ben. Personally I find CFTBL has issues with it's scoring. I always go for "move your car" over and over again to rack up score. Hit ramp from right flipper, shoot up to "move your car", repeat.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

My Creech yearns for a better player than me to tease from her her deepest secrets.

Well, that sure as hell ain't me!

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

if you wanna play. BBB, TZ, TAF, CCC, MM, Big Ben.

I would LOVE to play BBB !
...Greenwood Lake=26 miles!

#38 6 years ago

sent an im with my contact info.. lemme know

#39 6 years ago

Got it and pm'd ya. Maybe next weekend?

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks...I was hoping for something closer...

So i guess coming out to WV to play is not an option?

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

No CFTBL, but I have some fun games... around all weekend in the 10925 if you wanna play. BBB, TZ, TAF, CCC, MM, Big Ben. Personally I find CFTBL has issues with it's scoring. I always go for "move your car" over and over again to rack up score. Hit ramp from right flipper, shoot up to "move your car", repeat.

This is the safe way to play it, I tried this once in a tournament and got around 5 MYCs in one session, but the guy that ended up passing my score, was really good at hitting the left ramp on MB, built it up to 3x scoring, and nailed the jackpot.

I remember another guy that just went for slide shots, skipping Mega Menu, and trying to get the Left Ramp Millions mode all the time, he did pretty well as well.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Man, I'm 6 hours late to the party ... got one here Ted (<20 minutes from you in Oakland) - fully restored and lookin' for players. I should be around most of the weekend, tonight included. PM me if you don't already have my cell.

Brian

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from tjsynkral:

Our collections speak for themsleves
I've played all 3 and disagree. But, they are very different games and I think TF and CSI are fun, but very different from CFTBL. No crazy ramps, no building the FILM, no whirlpool, no fun theme (really, the theme on TF and CSI do nothing for me).
I think CFTBL is way better at a home than on location because this machine is better as a 5 ball.

well, its an "insert game name here" situation. I'm trying to sell ted one of my games, so whatever else he's looking at....my gamesw are better! At least until he buys one.

Creech is awesome. I've always kinda sucked at it, but now that I know how to get that jackpot multiplied i'm getting better. My only problem is the 2 ball multiball. I mean really. TWO? and only 2? Man, what a missed opportunity.

#45 6 years ago

Hah, Nelson, there's only one game I might be interested in.
...and, Brian, yeah, let's try to set something up. (should I bring cash?)

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hah, Nelson, there's only one game I might be interested in.
...and, Brian, yeah, let's try to set something up. (should I bring cash?)

Nah, it's on free play. Play all you want for nothin'.

B

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Nah, it's on free play. Play all you want.

Snap! Got me!

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Got it and pm'd ya. Maybe next weekend?

Quoted from spfxted:

...and I'll bet you DO know the words...
....but, that's up to Mark...

Pile in we can take the odyssey.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cream Ridge, NJ
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside