(Topic ID: 79041)

Does Pinside's "Ads on the Map" work?

By Foo

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I click on "Find Ads on the Map", the map pops up with a "Finding Ads" icon and a wheel that just spins forever. It also says "Initialising the map..." under the map, but nothing happens.

Is this feature working or is it operator error?

Thanks

#2 10 years ago

I was originally using Internet Explorer and it didn't work for me. I switched to Chrome and it works. I find that I have to zoom in and out to find all the ads in my area. Overall it's a nice feature.

#3 10 years ago

Using Firefox... no el worko.

#4 10 years ago

Do you have adblock enabled? If so, whitelist the site.

I ran into the same issue.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from DeeGor:

Do you have adblock enabled?

Thanks DeeGor! That was the problem. Now off to see if I can spend my money.

#6 10 years ago

Really? Is Adblock blocking a Google maps instance? That's weird. Glad you figured that out, thanks!

#7 10 years ago

Yeah, I thought the site was having problems, then it went on for a couple of weeks.

Decided to whitelist the site to see if it fixed it and voilà everything started working again.

#8 10 years ago

Robin.... I am using Adblock Plus 2.4.1 for Firefox... if this helps.

#9 10 years ago

It used to work for me (Firefox) but noticed last night it no longer does.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-pinsides-ads-on-the-map-work and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.