(Topic ID: 108442)

Does Mike Chestnut still offer plating serivces?

By fossmin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by viper001
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0873.JPG
    IMG_0909.JPG

#1 9 years ago

I tried emailing him and his email bounced.

Thanks

Gerry

#2 9 years ago
    Quoted from fossmin:

I tried emailing him and his email bounced.
    Thanks
    Gerry

Still doing his thing.

http://horsepowerunlimited.net/

#3 9 years ago

I got my TAFG legs, bolts, side rails, lockdown and wire forms done just 6 months ago. Are you using this email, it's the one I contacted him through: [email protected].

#4 9 years ago

He has a few of my things right now. Good communication! Cant wait to get the items back. [email protected]

#5 9 years ago

What is the usual turnaround time for plating?

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I'm sure it depends on his workload. For me, I sent the first email April 20, sent the parts April 30 and received the finished product May 19. So, pretty darn fast turnaround time, these dates are from old emails and include time in transit too.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

It varies. Sometimes it's instant; he keeps stock of certain parts (shooter guns) in stock and ready to trade out at a moment's notice. Other times there can be some lag if he needs to get enough orders to do a batch of a certain metal.

#8 9 years ago

Thanks guys. I had an old email address.

Gerry

#9 9 years ago

It's worth the wait, that's for sure!

IMG_0909.JPGIMG_0909.JPG IMG_0873.JPGIMG_0873.JPG
    1 month later
    #10 9 years ago

Does anyone have Mike's new email address or current email address? I need some parts plated. Thanks!

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

It's worth the wait, that's for sure!

IMG_0909.JPG 426 KB

IMG_0873.JPG 652 KB

Mike does great work, no denying it!

#13 9 years ago

He does fantastic work and not just on pinball parts. Hoping for him to get to brass plating my drum hardware.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinballsmith:

He does fantastic work and not just on pinball parts. Hoping for him to get to brass plating my drum hardware.

Yeah he will do whatever you want to send him!!!

#15 9 years ago

Thanks!

#16 9 years ago

Just got 5 lock bars a two sets of rails chromed. Great work, quick turnaround and a good price...highly recommended

#17 9 years ago

He did such a great job on my Indy, I'm looking for more shit to brass up!

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from burningman:

Just got 5 lock bars a two sets of rails chromed. Great work, quick turnaround and a good price...highly recommended

If you don't mind my asking, how much does something like this cost to have done? Thanks

#19 9 years ago

Mikes does awesome work

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

If you don't mind my asking, how much does something like this cost to have done? Thanks

I think the lockbars were 60 a piece...on the rails, it wasn't worth sending the old ones and having them plated, so he sent me new rails, chromed, at $120 a set.

Well worth it in my opinion. Going from SS lockbars and installing them on all my games at the same time was awesome.

#21 9 years ago

Thanks for the info burningman

1 month later
    #22 9 years ago

I had Astro Plating in Van Nuys do my IJ ramps years ago. Big mistake. So I'm asking Mike to do his magic and make 'em right.

Greg

#23 9 years ago

How did they screw it up? Just curious, one would think plating would be a failry straight forward process.

1 week later
    #24 9 years ago

Astro did not prepare the ramps for the new plating properly, and over time, the rust or corrosion that was not removed during the prep has telegraphed through the plating.

#25 9 years ago

I can also vouch for Mike. I bought a set of the lollipop style brass rails and lockbar for Dad's Elvis Gold and they were very nice. So nice that now the legs look bad, I'll have to deal with that now.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-mike-chestnut-still-offer-plating-serivces and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.