(Topic ID: 38228)

Does lotr have multiball save progression?

By Kingoftron

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0217.JPG
#1 11 years ago

I recently noticed the 2nd time I had started Two Towers multiball I had started from the beginning again. I checked out the menus and couldn't find anything in regards to turning it on or off, was it a glitch or does it not save multiball progression?

#2 11 years ago

I believe in LOTR you always start from the beginning of every mode....including multiballs.

#3 11 years ago

There is multiball progression save progression. You pick up where you left off.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

There is multiball progression save progression. You pick up where you left off.

Is there a setting for this in the adjustment menu? Just wondering if mine is turned off?

#5 11 years ago

Not sure. I can check when I get home from work, but I don't think so. I think its always on.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Not sure. I can check when I get home from work, but I don't think so. I think its always on.

Thanks! I appreciate the help.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I believe in LOTR you always start from the beginning of every mode....including multiballs.

not true, on the fellowship multiball you get to continue from where you left off, at least on mine you do.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

not true, on the fellowship multiball you get to continue from where you left off, at least on mine you do.

Guess I just never noticed that.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Kingoftron:

Is there a setting for this in the adjustment menu? Just wondering if mine is turned off?

Do have a real old rom in it?

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Do have a real old rom in it?

No, it's running 10.

#11 11 years ago

The multiball progression save is one of the nice things about LOTR (too bad Xmen LE doesn't have something like this for the villians).

Just looking through the manual and I can't see anything about turning memory / save progresion on or off. The multiball settings are extra easy, easy, moderate, hard and extra hard, but it doesn't say anything about save progression for the various settings. For the Two Towers multiball it says that for moderate, hard and extra hard the locks are unstackable (see picture below of page 44 in the manual, not sure if you'll be able to read it or not). Could this have anything to do with save progression?

IMG_0217.JPGIMG_0217.JPG

#12 11 years ago

LOTR has multiball progression. You may be running old roms. I own the game for many years and played about 7k games on it. I know it in and out. The old roms as far as i know did not have progression. Not sure if you could change that in the settings or not. Just upgrade and enjoy.

#13 11 years ago

There is memory progression in the 3 mbs. Are you sure you didn't complete TTT mb hence why you started over the next time it started?

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

There is memory progression in the 3 mbs. Are you sure you didn't complete TTT mb hence why you started over the next time it started?

Positive. I was showing a buddy how it saves with the glass off and then felt like a total ass when it didn't.

#15 11 years ago

So strange, I tested it by myself once I got home, and sure enough, it saved progression. Maybe both my buddy and I were out of it when I tried to show him.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

I own the game for many years and played about 7k games on it.

Holy moly! I think I've put about 700 games on mine in 10 years. Does Gimli talk to you in your dreams?

#17 11 years ago

No one has ever (EVER) played a LOTR without multiball progression, the main reason being every single multiball was written with that in mind from day 1.

Now, there are points where it may not SEEM like there is... For ROTK, you must complete an entire level (4 jackpots) for it to remember you advanced a level. For TTT, if you get even just one super jackpot, you'll start over at the beginning again (although your jackpots will be higher the 2nd time through, starting at 150K instead of 100K).

But even in-house, during development, there was always progression. This is not debatable in any way.

#18 11 years ago

Was there a time where you started destroy the ring with the ball being held on the ring? I think that happened in the older rom's.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Was there a time where you started destroy the ring with the ball being held on the ring? I think that happened in the older rom's.

DTR holding the ball in the ring is an adjustable option, and according to Keefer, was the original intent, plus it fits better with the story plot and DMD dots. Magnetized balls be damned!

But the ball doesn't get held in the ring until you hit your first ring shot (5th shot of the mode).

#20 11 years ago

I wonk it is a setting In the new roms but I was asking as I played a game on site a long time ago and I think it started with a ball being held.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.50
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 7.50
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-lotr-have-multiball-save-progression and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.