(Topic ID: 254159)

Does Led Zeppelin deserve a speculation thread?

By ThisNotes4U

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Shapeshifter
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

95D8F82C-F2E6-469B-9A8A-89A3BD153DCF.gif
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    170px-JimmyPage2 (resized).jpg
    Unknown1 (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    30C086B9-CF3D-4DF3-829D-9A0F8F97FB6B (resized).jpeg
    23076077-5146-41C9-80F8-B706BCAB5EED (resized).png
    824487D7-06B5-4473-BFB8-2BEF0AA4FBFB.png
    9f3451bccc31b1622662e5918f0b71c3801a48ee.gif.gif

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 3 months ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Tired of music pins.

why in the ---- would you be tired of music pins? Maiden, metallica, ac/dc, are 3 of the best games out there in the last 10 yrs.

#102 3 months ago
    Quoted from arkuz:

Ok, sure, I'll take that shirt!

You wouldn't want the shirt they actually sold at the concert. Back then concert shirts had some stupid rubber band in the sleeve that got tight around your arm. Hate to say it, but I threw a whole bunch away in the days before e-bay became a thing.

I personally have nothing against a Led Zeppelin pinball machine being made.

I might think it's a little crazy and kind of a letdown the direction pinball has taken the last few years, but if that's what enough people with money burning a hole in their pockets want to buy, of course give them what they want. I've got a stack of Zep albums I can pull out and look at every 20 years. Just like all the other pinball bands I never listen to anymore.

#103 3 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Presence is my No Fear. Totally underrated but oh so fun to play.

what a kick ass song for pinball!!!

#104 3 months ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

what a kick ass song for pinball!!!

I was pretty buzzed last night, wasn't I. No Fear showed no mercy.

#105 3 months ago
    Quoted from chad:

The only problem with Monty Python would be the PC Police would have a stroke.
    "Constable Henry Thatcher interrupts to announce that he is raiding the establishment due to certain substances being in the vicinity.
    "

speaking of the police...…...…………………… another dream title.

#106 3 months ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

another dream title.

Speaking of cream titles. Long over due for a Rosemary Clooney pin.

LTG : )

#107 3 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Long over due for a Rosemary Clooney pin.

The way the wind's been blowin' you will have your Rosemary Clooney pin long before my daughter gets her Red Hot Chili Peppers dream theme. Plus she's got another 50 years to let the theme age properly.

#108 3 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Speaking of cream titles. Long over due for a Rosemary Clooney pin.

Ltg, think you're out of luck on that one. now I got to go back and listen to odin's sample of Achilles Last Stand so I can get this damn Rosemary Clooney song out of my head!

#109 3 months ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Ltg, think you're out of luck on that one.

Drat. I suppose Nikolina is a wash then too.

LTG : (

#110 3 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:Yep, I feel that way after listening to more Led Zeppelin last night than I have since the 1970s.
    Time to put the ancient LPs away and get back to the now. It was fun for a moment.

Bring Me The Horizon, just released their new album. Haven’t had a chance to listen to it yet.

#111 3 months ago

You’re almost there Lloyd, but not quite “shut up and take my money” yet

#112 3 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Drat. I suppose Nikolina is a wash then too.
    LTG : (

think maybe you could get a track like this on Octoberfest if you contact the right people.

#113 3 months ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

How many does TOOL have ? Asking for a friend .

As many as your mom? From a friend

#114 3 months ago

This is still the Led Zeppelin thread isn't it?

#115 3 months ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

You’re almost there Lloyd, but not quite “shut up and take my money” yet

How about, "Whole Lotta Lloyd", multiball ?

#116 3 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Enough to shock Taylor Swift fans when their latest album release knocked hers out of the top spot.

When Tool released Aenima, i think they kicked off their tour at Cotillion in Wichita, KS. The Cotillion is a square dance hall, capacity of 2000. A bunch of Us from college drove there from Hays to see them. That concert is in my top 5 I have seen!! There is nothing like seeing a band on the rise in a small venue. I enjoyed undertow but really got into them after that album.

Saw them a few months later at Kemper in KC and it just wasn’t the same. Seeing them before the stage show, when it was just them and a minimal light show, just wasn’t the same when they added in the theatrics and an arena.

#117 3 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

How about, "Whole Lotta Lloyd", multiball ?

Yes!!!! Take it all!!!!

95D8F82C-F2E6-469B-9A8A-89A3BD153DCF.gif
    #118 3 months ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

That new tool album is hot garbage.

I haven’t listened to their new album. After their double album I lost interest and moved on. Good to know.

#119 3 months ago
    Quoted from BigT:

There is nothing like seeing a band on the rise in a small venue. I enjoyed undertow but really got into them after that album.
    Saw them a few months later at Kemper in KC and it just wasn’t the same. Seeing them before the stage show, when it was just them and a minimal light show, just wasn’t the same when they added in the theatrics and an arena.

No doubt. When I saw Zep in '77 that was pretty much near the end and the LA Forum is huge. They also had a super duper laser and light show which was kinda cool. It was my first concert and they were touring both Presence and Physical Graffiti so we got to see a lot of those songs live. Kashmir and Achilles Last Stand were highlights for me.

GNR was a different story as the first time it was basically a small theatre before they hit it big and there was nothing like being in such a small place as opposed to seeing them again at a huge racetrack a few years later.

Biggest change in the shortest time was Rick Derringer as I saw him with the Derringer band which was one of the most kickass shows I remember from the 70s. Less than a year later he came back with a different band, and although I stood there close enough to touch him in a nightclub bar so small, the music magic was gone.

#120 3 months ago

Too be fair to Rick Derringer, I think he was trying for a more pop sound, but we wanted the full rocking performance he had given us before.

His ex bandmates formed their own band called Axis with a somewhat famous drummer Vinny Appice, and we got to see them open for Judas Priest, another band on the rise, at a small club called the Starwood. Axis was decent. Priest ripped the roof off the place.

#121 3 months ago
    Quoted from BigT:

Bring Me The Horizon, just released their new album. Haven’t had a chance to listen to it yet.

The new album, Amo, is a big departure. Lots of electronica on there. Still some great songs on there though, but it sounds nothing like the deathcore of the early albums.

If anyone wants to check these guys out, check out “live at Albert Hall” when they play with an orchestra. Not exactly metal, but just great rock songs. They’d be my most listened to band in the last couple of years.

This song really suits the orchestral treatment .. when the chorus kicks in, it’s a baaanger.

rd

#122 3 months ago

So, if it's true it's not a QS re-theme, wonder how many LE's?

400 and they will be gone faster than you can blink.

500, sell out for sure.

600 - this is where they no longer become limited but think Stern may push for 600.

I don't like the music, but can see this being a mega seller.

And this means it could be Brian Eddy!!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 46.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 248.85
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    Hardware
    Pinball Haus
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Arcade Upkeep
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 17.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 180.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Customs
    $ 214.99
    $ 8.99
    Electronics
    Dr. Dave's Pinball Parts
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 295.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The Art of Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside